• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Mega Lopunny is actually wearing a full outfit. it has a back and top to it ... it's just the mid section that is open (i think .... it's hard to see if it is actually that or shadows on the back0 but it all seems to fit .... so that's pretty cool

You know, I can actually see that, the black patch on its upper body is darker than the shading on its arms so I think it is supposed to be some kind of outfit. Cool.

Getting ready to name a Lopunny after one of the Charlie's Angels... Nope. Going to name her Lara.

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
So, thoughts on the new megas:

Altaria: And just when I thought it couldn't get puffier. Not sure if I'm a fan of this design honestly. It's alright I guess

Lopunny: I like the direction they went in for this one. Looks more like a kickboxer now which is pretty cool

Salamence: Honestly can't decide if I like it or hate it. On the grounds of it's pretty silly looking.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Hopefully Altaria focuses on defense more than offense.

Avi604

Reef Trainer
I can only guess that they have m altaria pixilate when it gets both moonblast and dazzaling gleam is because it gets a boost to its attack and not special attack. I love maltaria though it is really cute.

Mlopunny looks great as a 80' s aerobic girl really great idea.

Mmance looks better then the original to me which isn't saying much, he looks much faster very aerodynamic now.

Pilpulp

美的
How great of a typing is Dragon/Fairy? Seems pretty OP to me. Though I don't know exactly everything it's weak/strong against.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
The more I think about it, the more Mega Salamence sounds appealing from a gameplay standpoint. With Aerilate it not only gets a good STAB on the physical side in Return, but Hyper Voice gives it a good STAB on the special side that's actually spammable (unlike Draco Meteor). It looks like MixMence might be back in town if nothing else.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
How great of a typing is Dragon/Fairy? Seems pretty OP to me. Though I don't know exactly everything it's weak/strong against.

Still weak to Ice and fairy and gains Fairies weakness to steel and poison.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Mlopunny looks great as a 80' s aerobic girl really great idea.

I think his design is based more off of current fitness ladies than the 80s. In the 80s it was all about leotards.

OMG I'M SO EXCITED. *faints*

ebevan91

It gains a resistance vs. electric and loses half resistance to grass. Probably can get by ground types now? Loses rock weakness and half of ice weakness. Can't think of the rest at the moment.

Gains weakness to poison and steel of course.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Seriously. Poison's underated, not hated. As far as popularity, Amoongus, Roserade, Toxicroak, Scolipede, freaking Crobat are all prime examples of how the type is well loved. And those Nidos... Need I say more?

Megamence looks like a weapon, so does Megagross though. I'm excited for Intimidate and Aerilate shenanigans. And even more bird spam this generation. Aerilate Double Edge and Thrash are never something to scoff at. And Salamence gets Body Slam and Hyper Voice thanks to pevious gen tutors. Unlike Pinsir, it also has recovery in Roost. Prepare your anus.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
I just thought Mega-punny was supposed to be a kickboxer or action hero of some sort...

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Unless we're living in a world where the popularity of Lopunny surpasses the likes of the Nidos and Crobat (among others; I'd vouch for several others, too), I'm not sure how this confirms Poisons being ignored.

Have no doubt about that.

About the recent Megas, it seems Lopunny gets an Attack boost, Altaria gets an Attack and Sp. Attack boost and Salamence gets a Defense boost.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I got that, but I'm wondering if there actually is more information, wouldn't we have it by now?

Not always though it is strange. Hopefully we will get later today or when the actual scans are released.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The more I think about it, the more Mega Salamence sounds appealing from a gameplay standpoint. With Aerilate it not only gets a good STAB on the physical side in Return, but Hyper Voice gives it a good STAB on the special side that's actually spammable (unlike Draco Meteor). It looks like MixMence might be back in town if nothing else.

Don't forget Body Slam as a FR/LG tutor and Thrash(!!!) which is an egg move. Dragon Dance Salamence doesn't even care that it only gets Outrage through tutors anymore, Thrash is so much better now since it's more spammable than Outrage is these days. I love that this is all working out this way, Aerilate Thrash is exactly what I wanted from Mega Salamence, and given the fact that it's lost a bit of relevance this gen, this Mega was needed.

I honestly don't see anything odd or funny about Mega Salamence's design, so it's easily my new favorite Mega we've seen so far in terms of everything. Until we seem Primal Rayquaza (and hopefully Mega Claydol), Mega Salamence is the Mega I'm looking forward to the most.

Pilpulp

美的
Not always though it is strange. Hopefully we will get later today or when the actual scans are released.

This always confuses me, but how hard is it to point your camera at some sheets of paper, and upload it to the internet?

Really, I'd even settle for proof then text leaks until we can get the actual thing.

Unless I'm missing something, why is it so difficult?

Last edited:

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Granted, if we get M-Arcanine, Luxray, or Zoroark then Lopunny is taking a backseat...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe the last pokémon didn't interest them/really surprised them and they weren't going to upload it. Or maybe they only wanted to do three to entice the people to get CoroCoro?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
This always confuses me, but how hard is it to point your camera at some sheets of paper, and upload it to the internet.

Really, I'd even settle for proof then text leaks until we can get the actual thing.

Unless I'm missing something, why is it so difficult?

No idea. It must be hard though because think about how bad the scans or pictures tend to be sometimes. You can barely even tell what they are sometimes let alone read anything. So there must be something to it that is hard considering we get some bad scans sometimes.

Macabrelicious

I really doubt the Poison type isn't going to get more megas just because a few people don't think the type is """worthy""" or popular enough when I haven't noticed any particular bias against the type from Gamefreak (apart from being neglected in favor of Dragons and whatever else they think ten year old straight boys will like but I've come to expect that)
I mean if anything I think that it's possible we'll see more Poison type megavolutions, as a whole lot of Generation 1 was Poison types and Gamefreak has really been taking advantage of the nostalgia factor when it comes around to dishing megas so idk man idk

Also Mega Lopunny amuses me so much idk why I think it looks like a balloon animal?? No shade to Mega Lopunny of course bc I'm glad that such a neglected Pokemon is getting more attention but Mega Lopunny is just a funny Pokemon to me like I'm curious as to whether I'll keep using my Flame Orb/Switcheroo/Klutz set or if I'll gravitate towards a more offensive set for Lopunny who knows

Mega Altaria is cute and has seven resistances (along with four weaknesses) so I'm gonna try and make a defensive set with it at some point although I suspect people will start using Mega Altaria as a dragon killer

I don't even care about Salamence lols but it looks alright

(It's been a while since I've regularly been on these forums I forget what kind of typing style reads as "laid back and chill" on here)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Still weak to Ice and fairy and gains Fairies weakness to steel and poison.
Not to mention Fairy's immunity to Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.