• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

Hopefully there is a fourth one. Four as a Mega Evolution scoop is pretty good. When Mega Evolution was first revealed for XY (coincidentally at the same time of the month last year as this Mega Evolution scoop), we got 5 Megas (and they called it the biggest scoop of the century). So far for this scoop, we have 3 and it is likely we will get one more. Obviously when Megas were first shown, there were no previous Megas, so we just had the 5 that were revealed.

With the scoop right now, we have 3, possibly 4 in this issue. Lets not forget that they have already revealed 5 (7 if you count Lati@s). Definitely not underwhelming to get 4 here. I do hope it's 4 and not 3 though.

Well it's a scoop related to mega evolution.

They never said it would be a megaton, it's a scoop, meaning a thing you didn't know, and guess what, nobody knew about these megas also they got the info exclusively so they didn't lie.

Actually I was only expecting 2 megas (camerupt and sharpedo but still not there).

They made it seem like we were getting quite a bit of M-Evolution news, though, and we only ended up so far with 3 new Mega Evolutions and a picture of a shiny M-Metagross.

GDK

They made it seem like we were getting quite a bit of M-Evolution news, though, and we only ended up so far with 3 new Mega Evolutions and a picture of a shiny M-Metagross.

They just said, mega evolution scoop next month, and it was a scoop.
The mention scoop was also next to mega metagross meaning it was considered as such.
Above the shiny metagross there is written DOUBLE scoop.

Any new news is a scoop.

lavanda

Really feeling it
If there is a fourth Mega and it is a Hoenn Pokémon my guess is Milotic. With two new Dragons I can't see Flygon there. In fact, my hopes for Mega Flygon being released at all went down astronomically.

DasManiac

I'm hoping it will be Glalie. Ice/Fairy with Sheer Force and 20 points each to stat but HP would make very happy. That or Ice/Fighting Mega Beartic with Refrigerate.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Hopefully there is a fourth one. Four as a Mega Evolution scoop is pretty good. When Mega Evolution was first revealed for XY (coincidentally at the same time of the month last year as this Mega Evolution scoop), we got 5 Megas (and they called it the biggest scoop of the century). So far for this scoop, we have 3 and it is likely we will get one more.

I have no idea where people are getting the idea of a fourth Mega Evolution

the reason there are fewer Mega Evolutions in the ORAS preview than in the XY preview is because there are fewer new Mega Evolutions in ORAS than in XY overall (which should've been obvious but w/e)

I just hope not many people become wet about it to the point of becoming the new Gardevoir and starting fanservice rants.

ha ha ha

sheerioxo

Mega Lopunny is going to be freaking awesome! I love the design, Scrappy is going to be extremely helpful, and it's got fighting type! ;;

Mega Altaria looks pretty cute too. ^.^ We get our first Dragon/Fairy type!

Sorry to all of you who liked Mega Salamence, but I think it's design is crap. xD

HafuTrance

Max Toxicity
I'm still disappointed that no primary poison type megas were teased yet, maybe in the next corocoro pages something will get teased.
I hope for M-Seviper, M-Zangoose, M-Camerupt, M-Milotic, M-Whiscash, M-Sharpedo, and M-Swalot.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Surprising that we finally get news, and people are complaining that the number of revealed M-Evos this month isn't enough. News is news, CoroCoro never specifically said that they'd release X amounts of M-Evos. Not to mention, we still have September and October left.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I can't help but laugh at everyone who doubted a Mega Altaria becoming Dragon/Fairy.

I knew it would happen... :3

Anyway

Mega Lopunny looks amazing and I am glad we got a Normal/Fighting type besides Meloetta Pirouette. I can't wait to use Mega Lopunny, and with Scrappy? Ghosts shall now be scared.

Mega Altaria is just beautiful and graceful. Pixilate definitely helps M-Altaria out with the new Dragon/Fairy typing. Since Hyper Voice is an egg move for Altaria, Altaria might get up to UU or OU depending on it's stat growth.

Mega Salamence... with Aerilate... I am done. ;-; He will just wreck everything with 150 stab Double-Edge and Roost. Love his design!

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
I wonder why there is no mention of MegaPunny's stat boosts. Interesting.

...Also, I'm hoping MegaMence isn't sacrificing anything in exchange for its Defense boost. Is it a Shelgon reference?

NightFire7

I have been looking at youtube reactions and all I have been doing is facepalming. Seriously has everyone forgotten how Aerilate and pixilate works? They give the move a power boost by 30% as well as changing its type from normal. Its amazing how many people were disappointed in Mega Altaria's and Mega salamence's ability and saying they don't get any good Normal type moves (Hyper voice and Double edge says hi). Its a free life orb boost plus STAB. Anyway I am very happy that apparently mega altaria's attack and Special attack greatly increase, http://www.pocketmonsters.net/main/news/1951 it would be nice to see Altaria having a different role in competitive play other than stalling. I like when the Mega evo plays a lot different than the regular pokemon.

Luthor

There is a possibilty we haven't really considered but might be possible. While it does seem like there will be forth one yet to be revealed there is always the possibility it's just Mega Latios/ Latias. I don't think this will be the case but it is something that we should prepare for.

DasManiac

I have no idea where people are getting the idea of a fourth Mega Evolution

the reason there are fewer Mega Evolutions in the ORAS preview than in the XY preview is because there are fewer new Mega Evolutions in ORAS than in XY overall (which should've been obvious but w/e)

There are pages that weren't leaked so that's where everyone is getting the idea.

SmartD

Mega Salamence kinda looks like a spaceship and the fact that Mega Altaria is Dragon/Fairy is kinda a fantasy come true, because I imagined a Pokemon with that type combination. With Metagross and Salamence getting a Mega Evolutions, won't that make them too powerful? Aren't they powerful enough? I don't know, I don't follow the metagame.

lavanda

Really feeling it
There is a possibilty we haven't really considered but might be possible. While it does seem like there will be forth one yet to be revealed there is always the possibility it's just Mega Latios/ Latias. I don't think this will be the case but it is something that we should prepare for.
I think it's unlikely for Lati@s to be in that corner along with regular Pokémon. But there might not be a fourth Mega at all, that quarter of the circle might be a explanation of mega evolution mechanics or something.

Altaria- I love how floofy it is! Not only that, but the color scheme is top notch. I'm actually considering this a candidate for my team even though I've always had problems with Swablu for some reason.

Lopunny- I personally think it looks kind of dumb. I'm guessing they were trying to de feminize it? To me it just looks like a bunch of random shapes.

Salamence- I like it and hate it. On one hand, why is it a space ship? On the other hand, holy crap it's a space ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.