• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Game freak made what could have been amazing megas into ok megas. Mega sceptile has a nice design but they gave it lightning rod, which is useless. Who would be stupid enough to use electric type moves against sceptile? And since rain got nerfed, swampert's swift swim is useless. Also, I find rain teams bad even in gen 5. Rain lowers the power of fire type moves and rain teams rely on water types and and water types are weak against grass types and the best counter against grass types are fire types. I will probably choose torchic for my team. Have a look at my team for pokemon alpha sapphire by clicking this link.View attachment 13212

I will agree with your first statement about ok megas instead of amazing megas but only design wise. I think you're speaking way too generally, rain teams aren't bad just because of a nerf. they're just not as good which in my opinion is a good thing because they dominated hard in gen V despite your flawed argument, grass types are easily countered by ice types and flying types and bug types as well which plenty of water types can use against grass types. I'm actually really happy with swampert and sceptile. there's also this thing called "strategy" that doesn't require someone stupid enough to use thunderbolt on sceptile, lightingrod would work well in doubles and triples as well as for free switch ins, let's say I mega evolved my sceptile first turn and u-turned out to a Gyarados, they will likely try to use an electric type move which I could switch sceptile into fr a free boost. not that hard to play strategies out. I'm happy we're even getting new megas in the first place, some people are just so damn hard to please but hey, your loss not mine.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
Im predicting megas for shiftry and dusknoir, just because they went through the trouble of introducing them along with sidney and phoebe. i think each elite four member plus steven will get a mega for one of their pokemon...and maybe that weird aarune lady's flygon

Uh...Aarune is a dude..

Mega-Altaria - Looks like Mega-Ampharos has some competition in the hair department
Mega-Lopunny - Never saw this one coming
Mega-Salamence - It reminded of the Lati twins when I first saw it. Aerialate Thrash and Double-Edge: I have seen the end and no one was spared. Not even the children.

I'm going to assume the event shiny Beldum is going to be like Torchic in the previous games, where you receive it early on in the game.

lavanda

Really feeling it
Ripped pantyhose, on the other hand, do tend to get fetishized, at least over here in America.
I'm... not saying... that word... but this comes as quite a shock. I've never seen someone going wet over them, in fact they don't appeal to me at all. Again, regular Lopunny is 10x more suggesting than Mega Lopunny. I don't see where this is coming from, but I should've expected.

...Funny enough, my sister is asking my mother where her... sock-pants are. She's going out with them today.

Last edited:

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Oh, gosh. Salamence, what'd they DO to you...?

I'm not even calling it MegaMence. This is a disgrace. From now on, it shall be RocketBoy!Mence in my eyes. If I can't nickname it that in-game, then I'll just call it Otto. This is just lame.

Lopunny, on the other hand, is a very welcome improvement. With the right boosts, it could be pretty tough.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Oh, gosh. Salamence, what'd they DO to you...?

I'm not even calling it MegaMence. This is a disgrace. From now on, it shall be RocketBoy!Mence in my eyes. If I can't nickname it that in-game, then I'll just call it Otto. This is just lame.
Disgrace? Sure, it may look silly, but it's going to be an absolute monster in battle! With Aerialate, it's going to have a 234 BP move with nothing that's immune to it in the form of Double Edge and has amazing coverage with Earthquake and Fire Blast. On top of that, it will also be able to use Dragon Dance to boost any Speed and Attack increases even further. The only thing that stands in its way is an Ice Shard user that comes in as a revenge killer.

skgameboy

Who, if anyone, do you think will get a second mega evolution in ORAS? I dont think it will be the starters, given that they have already prioritized blaziken and whoever doesnt get to will be left in the dust. Maybe salamence/metagross?

TyranatarGojira

Poison could use a Mega. Poor type never got a legendary. Make a Mega Weezing, give it a secondary steel typing, since it's based on navel mines, let it keep levitate, and watch the fairies cry.

Luthor

STAHP.
If they did that, it'd be an instant ban to Ubers. Ex-Speed is probably the best priority move in the game in terms of Power, a Priority of 2, and having no draw backs besides being blocked by Ghost types, which wouldn't even matter because of Aerilate, which after STAB, changes the BP of Ex-Speed to 156 *shivers*. Plus, the thing gets both Moxie AND Dragon Dance... Not even Ice Shard users have a chance to kill it.
GF I'm begging you, don't do this...

The devastation a mega salamence could cause with extreme speed would be insane. I doubt GF are crazy enough to do it.

Aurath8

Poison could use a Mega. Poor type never got a legendary. Make a Mega Weezing, give it a secondary steel typing, since it's based on navel mines, let it keep levitate, and watch the fairies cry.

Heck, watch everyone cry. Weezing is already a very capable wall, and with a boost to Spatk, Def and Spdef and that typing it could be beastly. If only it had Recover...

Ezzy

Dark Type Gym Leader
Who, if anyone, do you think will get a second mega evolution in ORAS? I dont think it will be the starters, given that they have already prioritized blaziken and whoever doesnt get to will be left in the dust. Maybe salamence/metagross?
Maybe Blaziken. I know it sounds crazy but Charizard got two Megas because it is the most popular Kanto starter, and Blaziken is the most popular Hoenn starter IMO. Plus they might want to make Blaziken relevent again since NO ONE will pick Blaziken because his Mega isn't new. Giving him a new one might fix that problem.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Disgrace? Sure, it may look silly, but it's going to be an absolute monster in battle! With Aerialate, it's going to have a 234 BP move with nothing that's immune to it in the form of Double Edge and has amazing coverage with Earthquake and Fire Blast. On top of that, it will also be able to use Dragon Dance to boost any Speed and Attack increases even further. The only thing that stands in its way is an Ice Shard user that comes in as a revenge killer.

It's getting a primary boost in Defense. Defense.

Either way, that wasn't what I was talking about. I was talking about its utterly laughable design.

Ti4558

If love for Blaziken to get another mega but the only probelm is that its original mega is already so good. But maybe an OU Mega would be nice.

sheerioxo

I literally laughed when I saw Mega Salamence and I still laugh when looking at it! I can't take the design seriously at all. I mean, the wings are cool, but what happened to its body?! It's head is almost as big!

phanpycross

God-king
I could not love mega salamence any more.

The head Looks super badass, the tiny arms are super cute, Aerialate fixes every issue it ever had, and the wings are perfect for a dive-bomber.

Amazing in every way, my favorite mega by miles, will so be my Ace.

JackD334

This. And I like the new design anyway! I was suprised, sure, but I like it. Do have to say if rather have seen flygon as a mea than salamence, just because he kinda needs it to catch up with the big boys. Love altaria and it's new typing though, used to hate the thing but I'll be taking one for play through now! :)
And having now gotten sal, garchomp metagross and tyranitar, surely dragonite and hydreigon are no longer out of the question?
Possibly followed eventually by good old goodra! Super dooper dragon tank anyone?!

Status
Not open for further replies.