• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
How about this idea for a Mega Marowak? The dead mother returns as a ghost to fight alongside the Marowak, design would be interesting as the ghost would show it's real face as it's skull will be worn by its offspring. It could be Ghost/Ground type with Parental Bond as an ability. Statwis would need a big boost in attack to offset power lost by lack of Thick Club, add some in Special Defense too and you have a nice physically offensive tank with 3 immunities.

I don't think the 'RGBY' story with TR killing the mother Marowak and its ghost haunting the 'Pokémon Tower' would have any influence to its Mega Evolution (if it gets one).

As stated by the entries of the 'RSE' games, Marowak is the evolved form of a Cubone that has grown tough by overcoming the grief of losing its mother and its tempered and hardened spirit is not easily broken.

Now having the mother return would be odd considering the background it has. Instead, making it a pokemon which can stand-up by itself would be much better.

For me, if Marowak gets a Mega Evo, then only 2 abilities would be useful for it and they are either 'Pure Power' or 'Huge Power'.

Only these 2 abilities would make Mega Marowak useful enough (to cover up the lose of 'Thick Club' (since anything below 568 Atk would be worthless) and would also allow for a more balanced stats distribution for it.

Last edited:

Ilan

Too many dragon megas.. remember when the only dragon was dragonite? and then in gen 2 only 2 dragons... it was a rare type once now it isn't ghost and fairy are the rare ones dragons are just everywhere O.O luckly we got fairies to counter them now.

I don't think the 'RGBY' story with TR killing the mother Marowak and its ghost hauting the 'Pokémon Tower' would have any influence to its Mega Evolution (if it gets one).

As stated by the entries of the 'RSE' games, Marowak is the evolved form of a Cubone that has grown tough by overcoming the grief of losing its mother and its tempered and hardened spirit is not easily broken.

Now having the mother return would be odd considering the background it has. Instead, making it a pokemon which can stand-up by itself would be much better.

For me, if Marowak gets a Mega Evo, then only 2 abilities would be useful for it and they are either 'Pure Power' or 'Huge Power'.

Only these 2 abilities would make Mega Marowak useful enough (to cover up the lose of 'Thick Club' (since anything below 568 Atk would be worthless) and would also allow for a more balanced stats distribution for it.

Meh, I think Parental bond would make up for it as is. A little boost to attack and Parental Bond would be more than enough to counter act losing it's Thick Club. Bonemerang anyone?

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
Too many dragon megas.. remember when the only dragon was dragonite? and then in gen 2 only 2 dragons... it was a rare type once now it isn't ghost and fairy are the rare ones dragons are just everywhere O.O luckly we got fairies to counter them now.

gen1 had 3 dragon. but i know what you mean. i dont really like faity. but they are "rare". i want to see new type combos as megalutions. i know dragon fairy is new... but i want a new combo without the dragon part in it!!

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
That shiny Mmmmetagross will look spectacular as it utterly smashes my team apart.

Megamance is an odd splice of Laios, Salamance, and has Rayquaza-esque horns. It looks powerful, and the design's great.

Altaria-M doesn't look bad, but I wish it had a more serious disposition. A black stormcloud dragon/thunder. Ah well.

mankarp

Extremespeed Salamence let the fun begin :p
But in all seriousness Salamence is without a doubt going to be the scariest new mega, with Swampert.

That mixedmence is giving me nightmares, pls drop it's defenses at the very lest.

I think they already said that he will have a defense boost :D That plus intimidate, plus roost will make him quite bulky on the physical side.

This gen is getting better and better for flying type moves, gale wings and aeriwhateveritscalled are very strong :D.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Are you kidding me?! Salamence was already power! It gets Set Up, it gets Recovery and it gets MOXIE too. Set up Sword Dances with a Scolipede with Max Speed and then baton pass into Salamence and it is ready to sweep.

The Scolipede example is a poor one considering that you could do that with any Pokemon (Blaziken, etc). Salamence has been outclassed by MCX this gen if you want a fast and powerful DD sweeper.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Incidentally, I never realized just how many punching moves Lopunny got through breeding. All the elemental punches, Sky Uppercut, Focus Punch.
Honestly I'm kind of surprised (though, glad, since scrappy is probably more useful in the long run) it didn't get Iron Fist

And it even gets Low Kick & Circle Throw, this thing should have been fighting type from day one

Well, Circle Throw does appear more in Fighting types' movepools, doesn't necessarily mean it is exclusive (Kangaskhan and Whismur line get it too).
Scrappy seems like the only thing going for it. Great! It can now hit Aegislash-Blade SE.

Extremespeed Salamence let the fun begin :p
But in all seriousness Salamence is without a doubt going to be the scariest new mega, with Swampert.

That mixedmence is giving me nightmares, pls drop it's defenses at the very lest.
Flying-type boosted Headbutt scares me the most. Just the fact that it can now inflict SE flinches on Keldeo, Venusaur, etc. just pushes me to find a good check for it.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Are you kidding me?! Salamence was already power! It gets Set Up, it gets Recovery and it gets MOXIE too. Set up Sword Dances with a Scolipede with Max Speed and then baton pass into Salamence and it is ready to sweep.

The Scolipede example is a poor one considering that you could do that with any Pokemon (Blaziken, etc). Salamence has been outclassed by MCX this gen if you want a fast and powerful DD sweeper.

Avi604

Reef Trainer

Don't forget the Ice type we seriously need more of them as well. I'm all for Mega Jynx Mega Glalie Mega Froslass and Mega Beartic.

ebevan91

Don't forget the Ice type we seriously need more of them as well. I'm all for Mega Jynx Mega Glalie Mega Froslass and Mega Beartic.

The worst thing about Ice types is that they usually don't appear until around the 7th or 8th gym. It kinda sucks not being able to use some of my favorite ice types throughout a game without trading for them.

Luthor

All good options What about Mega Mamoswine or Mega Walrein? those could be very powerful. Or how about Legends like Mega Regice or Mega Articuno.

Avi604

Reef Trainer
Yeah thought about a Mega walrien would good as well. Its nice that the ice gyms are late in game unlike the rock gyms that always get stuck at the beginning but that doesn't mean all ice types should get left until the end of the game.

Carcara

Man, Mega Salamence looks weird. But it will probably have stats so awesome that I couldn't deny deny it. Hypetrain!
All good options What about Mega Mamoswine or Mega Walrein? those could be very powerful. Or how about Legends like Mega Regice or Mega Articuno.

I would like some Ice megas. Ice-types usually have many weaknesses, I think they deserve some extra power in exchange.

Ilan

The problem of ice pokemons is that's it's a curse being one,you get 4 weaknesses for one resistance I am surprised GF didn't also nerf water type be making ice resist it.. ice needs to resist grass aswell.. or ATLEAST make it immune to some statuses or something as of now it's sucks to be an ice type.
Mega evolution won't help them too much.
if GF removes the rock weakness of ice types it would be great.. fire seems ok,fighting ok block crushing,steel-icepick but rock? you throw rocks at ice does it shatter? -rock weakness + water resistance add megas and ice type would become instant good..
also we would get 2 great spinners and it will balance the crazy offensive power of rock moves.
water got 3 types who resist it grass,which has problems defensively,itself which means you need to have water to beat water and dragons which are quite rare. so ice resisting water will only help.. also making mamoswine having one less weakness.
We also need mega mamoswine :(

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
The problem of ice pokemons is that's it's a curse being one,you get 4 weaknesses for one resistance I am surprised GF didn't also nerf water type be making ice resist it.. ice needs to resist grass aswell.. or ATLEAST make it immune to some statuses or something as of now it's sucks to be an ice type.
Mega evolution won't help them too much.
if GF removes the rock weakness of ice types it would be great.. fire seems ok,fighting ok block crushing,steel-icepick but rock? you throw rocks at ice does it shatter? -rock weakness + water resistance add megas and ice type would become instant good..
also we would get 2 great spinners and it will balance the crazy offensive power of rock moves.
water got 3 types who resist it grass,which has problems defensively,itself which means you need to have water to beat water and dragons which are quite rare. so ice resisting water will only help.. also making mamoswine having one less weakness.
We also need mega mamoswine :(

I've never really got Ice's weakness to Rock, i always thought it should be the other way round, because when water seeps into cracks and freezes it cause the rocks to shatter so i always thought Ice should be super effective on Rock but i doubt they will change it now

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I've never really got Ice's weakness to Rock, i always thought it should be the other way round, because when water seeps into cracks and freezes it cause the rocks to shatter so i always thought Ice should be super effective on Rock but i doubt they will change it now

Have you ever thrown a big rock at ice? It cracks, shatters, and dents it. If anything they should be weak to each other for both reasons.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Ice needs some serious improvements, it isn't the best type to be a member of, having very common weaknesses and virtually no resistances. Suggestions for type fixing:

-Now hits Water and Steel for x1 damage(Water can help melt ice and metal tools are used to break ice[by that logic why isn't Steel SE against Grass?] but low temperatures freeze water, killing marine animals not used to those temperatures and freezing metal causes it to become brittle. A neutral effectiveness against these types seems appropriate.)
-Is Super Effective against Rock(Ice is able to crack rocks open and cause shattering damage)
-Is hit by Steel and Rock for x1 damage(These don't seem too effective on ice other than just hitting them and some minerals aiding in the melting of ice, neutral damage seems appropriate.)
-Resists Ground(Ice freezes soil solid)

That said, Mega Weavile and Frosslass seem like really cool mega ideas...

Edit: This is looking at Ice taken to an extreme, as in arctic conditions looking at arctic ice and permafrost. Just as Fire in Pokémon is allowed to go to extremes of several thousand degrees and go to the point of melting metal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.