• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Mega Slowbro is amazing. By far my favourite mega. It's so goofy looking, I love it. Hopefully it'll end up as a defensive mega, the ridiculous attacking stats are getting kind of boring.

Mega Audino is kind of weird (it changes a lot in appearance compared to some others), but it's nice to finally see a 5th gen mega I guess.

IcySealeo

That was a complete surprise...

Mega Audino looks completly different from Audino, while most of the Mega Evolution are not far away from their original design.

As for Mega Slowbro, I didn't see that coming at all. It doesn't look that good, and the fact that it's standing on its tail kinds irritates me. Feel like they could have done it better. I mean, Audino looks like a totally different Pokemon, and Mega Slowbro is the complete opposite. Maybe that means we will get Mega Slowking as well?

KKS-Lapras

Just a question. How do we know these Megas were uploaded accidentally?

What I find funny is that it's even possible to have an accident like this, spoiling something in the nature of new Mega-Evolutions and such. I know accidents happen, but imagine how awkward that will be to explain. Mega-Audino is very simplistic, I'm glad they didn't over due it.

I'm now suspecting even more, that since we've seen Mega-Evolutions for Pokemon of every generation except Gen 2, that the games will indeed hand out the Johto starters, and their Mega-Evolutions will be present later on in the games.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
We finally have a Mega Gen V pokemon. Looks like a evolution than a Mega.

M-Slowbro is just...lol

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
As for Mega Slowbro, I didn't see that coming at all. It doesn't look that good, and the fact that it's standing on its tail kinds irritates me. Feel like they could have done it better. I mean, Audino looks like a totally different Pokemon, and Mega Slowbro is the complete opposite. Maybe that means we will get Mega Slowking as well?

I like it actually. Kinda reminds me of baltoy. Wouldn't mind seeing a Mega Claydol actually.

Gabry00023

Well it is confirmed MegaSlowbro gets boosted Defense and Special Attack. Maybe it will lose Speed and become even slower, maybe for Trick Room teams?
And MegaAudino gets a boost in Defense and Special Defense. Predictable as HP can't be boosted...

Rakurai

Mega Audino makes me feel certain that we're getting a Mega Hydreigon before this gen's end, maybe even in ORAS.

KKS-Lapras

It is a desperate attempt of someone from GF to create an outrage against mega audino and have it completely removed from the game.
I share his pain.

I completely disagree, I think Mega-Audino is very simple and kind of elegant looking. And I don't mind Mega-Slowbro, it's just so unexpected.

ShadowMaster666

Lord of Darkness
Wow. That was unexpected.

Slowbro's Mega design is funny, in a good way. It is kinda fitting. And yeah, I think it will get SHell Armor. It's literally obvious.
Mega Audino's design is great and fits the creature wonderfully.

I agree MegaBro just makes me laugh. His face is just like "This did not go the way i planned." after messing up something.

mega audino looks like a spirit to me, hmm i wonder why did it got colored white

Maybe it knocked over the flour jar.

Luthor

The thing about mega slowbro is while i'm not the biggest fan of it's design it's design makes sense (other than how it balances on it's tail.) Shell armor while not the greatest ability does make sense as well. Now it has a shell i hope they add shell smash to it's movepool.

As for Audino while very flamboyant it again does make sense so does it gaining fairy type. As does the ability healer. I'd have preferred it kept regenerator but healer does make sense.

Both Slowbro and Audino were surprising choices though.

eiger

Shiny Hunter
At first I thought those new mega's looked fake honestly.
After some time I still think mega Slowbro looks stupid, one of the worst mega designs so far imo.
Mega Audino looks ok, looks more like a standard evolution though.

On the other hand, I am glad they gave some lesser common pkmn a mega.

13_luckynumber

Mega Audino is quite useless.

Assuming 40+ to def (86 -> 126):

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 177-208 (43.1 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 262-310 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not good enough ......

Mega Slowbro: I stopped caring after I read Shell Armor

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Are we sure they are for real? What site did it? Just wondering. Could they be fake?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Are we sure they are for real? What site did it? Just wondering. Could they be fake?

No chance, it was the Korean official pokemon website lol.

KKS-Lapras

The Mega-Slowbro image still has me laughing. As a couple others have said, it makes sense, the direction they took with the design, to me at least.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
They both look good imo, awesome that we finally got a 5gen mega, shitty that they probably ruined Masuda announcement though, and that it wasn't Mega Sharpedo/Camerupt xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.