• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Mega Audino is quite useless.

Assuming 40+ to def (86 -> 126):

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 177-208 (43.1 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino: 262-310 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not good enough ......

Mega Slowbro: I stopped caring after I read Shell Armor

Because every Mega in existence is supposed to stop Charizard X? Okay.
I still can't believe people fail to see how Slowbro as big a tank as it is will, when Mega, not be afraid of crits. Practically all viable Pokemon with said abilities don't have a reliable recovery move, so it looks like this will be our second Tanky Mega, which for players of Stall and slower paced battles like me, is a welcome addition.

Shell Armor is actually very good. With Calm Mind and Slack Off it would be hard to take out Mega Slowbro without status moves.
You get it.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I hope that whatever Masuda wants to show us at Gamescom it isn't this megas...

It probably was. The fact that the Korean Pokémon Site had all the info, all the images and everything, makes me believe that this was supposed to be revealed soon. I've noticed that each month we get two trailers, so I'm guessing we'll get an official reveal of these two later this week/early next week with a new Trailer.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Wonderful news! I love the Slowpoke line and Mega Slowbro is both awesome and hilarious at the same time. It's the hermit crab pokemon after all, so the fact that it got swallowed up like that is only fitting. Slowking is my favourite of the two, but I'll take this in the mean time. Dang, now I wanna use one in AS!

Audino looks so elegant and fairy fits it perfectly. I love that it looks like it's holding a pocket watch, now we just need the monocle to go with it!

I do find it kind of funny though, when we finally get a gen V mega, it's Audino.... Bet no one saw that comming!

KKS-Lapras

Because every Mega in existence is supposed to stop Charizard X? Okay.

Dude, where have you been, hiding under a rock for the past year or so, everything is about stopping Charizard X, duh! :p

Anyways, I do hope Masuda will having something else to reveal besides those two, unless there's something really special about them.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I just love Mega Slowbro! Very innovative and sort of obvious design for it.

It's not really surprising that it gets Shell Armor as it's Ability with that kind of Shell, hehe. Not sure if it will be that popular though, since Slowbro with Regenerator is already a pretty useful Pokémon.

Mega Audino makes me think of an angel, and it's actually pretty cool. With it's Defense and Special Defense boost, I can imagine it being very, very tanky, since it already has 86 in both defensive stats as well as base 103 HP.

I'm so excited to see their stats and potentially new moves :)

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Audino's design is awesome but it would be better for a actual real evolution...

Mega Slowbro, I get it but it looks so stupid and not menacing at all...

Kind of dissapointing, ORAS still has to surprise me with something cool...

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Dude, where have you been, hiding under a rock for the past year or so, everything is about stopping Charizard X, duh! :p

Anyways, I do hope Masuda will having something else to reveal besides those two, unless there's something really special about them.

Ack, you're right! You know, when stuff is to damaging, the brain tries to forcefully forget those traumatizing +1 Dragon Claw's :p

I must say, the stats, we need them. It's not enough just knowing we have them, I must know their viability! Then we can get a jump on breeding and such.

13_luckynumber

I still can't believe people fail to see how Slowbro as big a tank as it is will, when Mega, not be afraid of crits. Practically all viable Pokemon with said abilities don't have a reliable recovery move, so it looks like this will be our second Tanky Mega, which for players of Stall and slower paced battles like me, is a welcome addition.

Using Mega Slowbro means you don't get to use Regenerator Slowbro AND Mega Venusaur. 2 pokes I believe are keeping stall alive this generation.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I just saw these two, and I'm happy I did. Audino isn't exactly a pokémon that I care about, but I like the fact that it has a mega. Slowbro, I couldn't be happier about. One of my favorites, and although not a pokémon I never would've guessed to get a mega evolution, I love it. Shell Armor is good, but I think I would've liked something else.

And now it makes sense why we saw that random slowpoke in a Contest Hall.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Does normal/fairy benefit Mega Audino? Fighting is neutral, but Poison and Steel still do super effective damage.

It's hard to say yet, since we haven't seen the stats yet.

Even though that it gets 2 weaknesses instead of one, it also gains STAB on moves like Dazzling Gleam and Draining Kiss.

Personally, I expect it to benefit from it, since the Fairy Type already has helped a lot of Pokémon, and 2 weaknesses is still very solid from a defensive perspective. And with the increased Defense and Special Defense, it will be better at tanking hits. The only downside about Mega Audino in my opinion is, that it gets Healer as it's Ability. I would have prefered Regenerator.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Using Mega Slowbro means you don't get to use Regenerator Slowbro AND Mega Venusaur. 2 pokes I believe are keeping stall alive this generation.

Hmm, well there is Chansey.
And Alomamola
And Reuniclus
And a touch of Amoonguss
With just a dash of Cresselia
And a smidgen of Miltank.
With a big helping of Klefki.

It's a bit sad to see people only use a couple things, and not think outside the box. Also, some seem to be forgetting, Regenerator Slowbro is NOT meant to be used the same as what this Mega form seems to be, just as Mega Venasaur ISN'T meant to be a chlorophyll sweeper like normal Venasaur. Come on now, comparing the two in simply the shoes of one makes no sense.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Mega Slowbro...I just...I don't...what?

The design just looks ridiculous. Literally, Slowpoke didn't MEvolve, the Shellder did, and now it's eating him. And even competitively wise, it doesn't look good for the Bro.

Mega Audino looks a'ight. Very fancy. I like that it's gotten defensive boosts, as it's HP was already pretty attractive.

But dat Slowbro doe...

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Childish, I know, but I just have to laugh at those that believed we wouldn't even get into the double digits worth of Mega's in ORAS. 10 already revealed (12 if you couldn't Kyogre + Groudon, 14 if you could Lati@s) and we're still 3 and a half months until release. It's obvious Mega Evolution has a great presence in these games

13_luckynumber

Hmm, well there is Chansey.
And Alomamola
And Reuniclus
And a touch of Amoonguss
With just a dash of Cresselia
And a smidgen of Miltank.
With a big helping of Klefki.

It's a bit sad to see people only use a couple things, and not think outside the box. Also, some seem to be forgetting, Regenerator Slowbro is NOT meant to be used the same as what this Mega form seems to be, just as Mega Venasaur ISN'T meant to be a chlorophyll sweeper like normal Venasaur. Come on now, comparing the two in simply the shoes of one makes no sense.

At what point did I say mega Slowbro and Megasaur are the same as their base forms? What I am saying is: using Mega Slowbro means you are giving up on using 2 great Pokes to use a (possibly) not as good one. Also, Milktank and Klefki on stall? Really?

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
They need to stop now, LOL Meg Audino looks like a snow gremlin and Mega Slowbro looks more ridiculous than regular Slowbro LOL

On a Competitive note, Mega Slowbro is gonna be tanky as hell, plus it can't be cried? I'm not sleeping on that thing, Mega Audino I see getting seldom usage in Doubles but nothing major

Status
Not open for further replies.