• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteEmpoleon

With all the expected Megas in the form of Camerupt, Sharpedo etc., Id say it's totally possible that we could actually get more Megas than we did in X/Y, as we have so many at this stage. Does anyone think some Pokemon will get the Charizard/Mewtwo treatment this time? I personally think Blaziken will get a second Mega evo revealed (NOT THAT IT NEEDS ONE) but just to keep it in favour like Swampert and Sceptile.

I don't think we'll get quite as many as we did for X and Y, and I don't think any new megas will get two mega evolutions. As it's been said before, Charizard and Mewtwo had their massive popularity to thank for getting two megas each. I don't think even the most popular Hoenn native pokémon such as Blaziken, Metagross, and Salamence, are quite as possible as Charizard and Mewtwo. There's also the fact that two megas for one pokémon is a bit unnecessary.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Audino definitely should have gotten a real evo before a Mega, it always came off as a standalone but now GF has sealed its fate 100%. I feel like they place themselves in holes with Megas like these for later.

cybermew

A la lune!
This is interesting. But why would it be posted on the official site then?

The Occam's razor solution would be to say that it's merely a beta mistake. Albeit, perhaps there is another explanation, hacking maybe? Given the 'accidental' nature of the upload.

Maybe that's just a bug.

While I would agree with you, I can only presume the M-Evo symbol is something that is coded into the process, rather than the individual Pokemon (it would seem ridiculous otherwise.) If so, why wouldn't it appear? If not, then perhaps you're right, but that would be quite shoddy work.

Last edited:
I hope not, whilst both Charizard X and Y are cool and have their own uses. Charizard didn't need 2, neither did Mewtwo and neither does any other Pokemon. Mega Blaziken is powerful as it is, it doesn't need another just to keep it in favour. Many people will still pick Torchic are their starter.

Blaziken didnt need one full stop, but since GF appear to favour Blaziken similarly to Charizard, I really wouldnt be surprised, id be annoyed though.
That lack of the Mega Evolution symbol is interesting. Its probably just an error and nothing worth reading into OR IS IT?
And EliteEmpoleon, I agree that 2 Megas are unlikely and unnecessary for any Pokemon, but in the unlikely event it happens, Blaziken would be the leading candidate.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I wonder if Pokemon getting regular evolutions added to their lines is a dead trend now? Or maybe Unova and Kalos are just taking breaks? Because Eevee was the only one to get a new evolution added to its line. I don’t mind Mega Evolution but I really hope they just don’t up and quit adding straight-up evolutions. I was happy to see Togepi’s line get Togekiss for example and there are others I’d rather got evolutions than Mega Evolutions like Dunsparce, Mr. Mime and Spinda.

this totally i hope after this gen the mega evolution is dead and normal evolution is back cause gen VI is mainly all about mega evolution

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Blaziken didnt need one full stop, but since GF appear to favour Blaziken similarly to Charizard, I really wouldnt be surprised, id be annoyed though.
That lack of the Mega Evolution symbol is interesting. Its probably just an error and nothing worth reading into.

Blaziken shouldn't have gotten one in X/Y and should have waited till these games to announce it like Sceptile and Swampert. I'm not a fan of mega's in general though so yeah it shouldn't have got one, they might add stuff to battling but its just like form changes. I'd rather that 90% be actual evolutions than this, but its a thing to push in Gen 6 rather than pushing the actual new pokemon of the generation. In gen 7 something new will come along and they may start doing proper evolutions again.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
The Occam's razor solution would be to say that it's merely a beta mistake. Albeit, perhaps there is another explanation, hacking maybe? Given the 'accidental' nature of the upload.

While I would agree with you, I can only presume the M-Evo symbol is something that is coded into the process, rather than the individual Pokemon (it would seem ridiculous otherwise.) If so, why wouldn't it appear? If not, then perhaps you're right, but that would be quite shoddy work.

Well I did find this.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/201...ino-leaked-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/
Korean Post: https://twitter.com/Krelcroc/status/499110624303915009

There is a screen of M-Slowbro, so I'm leaning towards a bug. It would suck if this is fake though.

Luthor

With all the pyschic megas i hope soon we see a new poison mega so they don't fall too far behind. MegaCrobabt if done right would be awesome.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Are you guys seriously expecting the official site to be wrong? you guys think the Korean team just has a fake pokemon designer making pokemon for them to upload to the main website? get out of here, if you don't the designs nothing to do about it its your taste plenty of people like them I'm sure.

I wonder if Pokemon getting regular evolutions added to their lines is a dead trend now? Or maybe Unova and Kalos are just taking breaks? Because Eevee was the only one to get a new evolution added to its line. I don’t mind Mega Evolution but I really hope they just don’t up and quit adding straight-up evolutions. I was happy to see Togepi’s line get Togekiss for example and there are others I’d rather got evolutions than Mega Evolutions like Dunsparce, Mr. Mime and Spinda.

Seems so atleast the pokemon getting mega evos are most likelly not getting evolutions.

As for the pokemon you mentioned it seems like GF doesn't want to give them Evos at this point same as with one of my favourite Farfetch'd, so I'm hoping they get a mega since they gimmick appears to make GF not want to give them an evo.

This seems to be a way for them to add pokemon during a generation without increasing the dex number.

Last edited:
Blaziken shouldn't have gotten one in X/Y and should have waited till these games to announce it like Sceptile and Swampert. I'm not a fan of mega's in general though so yeah it shouldn't have got one, they might add stuff to battling but its just like form changes. I'd rather that 90% be actual evolutions than this, but its a thing to push in Gen 6 rather than pushing the actual new pokemon of the generation. In gen 7 something new will come along and they may start doing proper evolutions again.
I too would like there to be proper evolutions as opposed to this, but Mega evolving seems to have taking over, id say it will not be as big next gen, but its a little off topic. Anyway, does anyone expect any other 5th gen pokemon to Mega Evolve now?

tictactucrac

What the hell is that ? Seriously SHELL ARMOR ? The most useless ability ever ? Replacing regenerator ?

LOL. I knew game freak was the biggest troll in the universe and beyond, but come on, this is too much.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Are you guys seriously expecting the official site to be wrong? you guys think the Korean team just has a fake pokemon designer making pokemon for them to upload to the main website? get out of here, if you don't the designs nothing to do about it its your taste plenty of people like them I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure I'm just curious about the mistake. I for one, want them. I also believe it's unlikely the official site like you said is wrong.

What the hell is that ? Seriously SHELL ARMOR ? The most useless ability ever ? Replacing regenerator ?

LOL. I knew game freak was the biggest troll in the universe and beyond, but come on, this is too much.

Oh my goodness read the previous stuff to see why Shell Armor is actually a good choice *rolls eyes*
It'll be a lot different than Regenerator, but it's not like you won't be able to use it anymore.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I too would like there to be proper evolutions as opposed to this, but Mega evolving seems to have taking over, id say it will not be as big next gen, but its a little off topic. Anyway, does anyone expect any other 5th gen pokemon to Mega Evolve now?

I'm expecting mega druddigon since fairy and dragon are counterpart types in my head, and both it and Audino were standalone pokemon from Unova.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
South Korea is now getting ORAS in Nov. 28th with Europe for their punishment of leaking megas.

/joke

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
That Slowbro doesn't show its HP bar though...

HP isn't shown when the text bar appears, nor when an attack is used, so that's not an issue. And yeah since it's beta footage, I'm not worried.

tictactucrac

I'm pretty sure I'm just curious about the mistake. I for one, want them. I also believe it's unlikely the official site like you said is wrong.

Oh my goodness read the previous stuff to see why Shell Armor is actually a good choice *rolls eyes*
It'll be a lot different than Regenerator, but it's not like you won't be able to use it anymore.
Oh my goodness i don't give a damn sh*t, shell armor is BAD and never a good choice, regenerator is GREAT *rolls eyes*

Do you realize critical hits = 6% chance on hit ? It's like the ability that prevents to be frozen, it is USELESS.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
does anyone expect any other 5th gen pokemon to Mega Evolve now?

I'd imagine so, it would be a bit odd if the only gen 5 mega was Audino. I'd expect a couple more gen 4 and 5 mega's. Maybe stuff like Excadrill and a few others.

If they go with the Emerald route with certain features, i could see them adding mega Johto starters. With being able to pick them in Emerald once you'd completed the Hoenn Dex (just a random thought, probably won't happen)

Status
Not open for further replies.