• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
...The more I think about it, it appears Mega Slowbro has the potential to be REALLY annoying and hard to kill in game. On paper, it seems to be better than MegaAudino for the moment.

Slowbro already had amazing Defense. With Shell Armor and possibly a great S.Def boost, this guy could end up being an absolute tank...the only chink in its armor would be that Psychic Typing.

tictactucrac

The way we argue here is with facts. Learn the metagame, and how crits work, and maybe you'll understand why you're alone in thinking that shell armor "sucks." Besides, you shouldn't say a pokémon sucks when we've known of its existence for mere hours.

Oh come on. It that anything you got guys ? Stop being kids lolololo L2P, i exactly know how crits work, i know the metagame, and i tell you, Slowbro > Mega Slowbro, whatever stat boost he gets, whatever different way you play the guy.

Now, that's my opinion, but if you tell me "don't say it sucks when we've known of its existence for mere hours", then i tell you, don't say it doesn't suck.

Luthor

Omg Mega Slowbro looks even derpier. It's a cool concept how Shellder is kind of taking over though. Mega Audino looks alright.

I swear they must go on a Pokemon Random Generator and see there who gets a mega lol

i don't think it looks derpy i think it looks terrified. Considering all the teeth I can see why.

NightFire7

I actually like that Mega slowbro has shell armour, it already has access to recovery and even though crits are only suppose to happen 6% of the time, a competitive player will say that crits seem to happen A LOT more often than 6% and because of the changes in the crit mechanics there are ways to get 100% crits to happen such as focus energy razor claw kingdra. And at least now you don't have to worry about crits happening while you are setting up calm minds. And there is a bit of foreshadowing about mega audino and becoming Normal/fairy because in laverre city gym, there is a background picture of an audino head in the gym leaders room and I always thought that was weird because regular Audino is not a fairy type. I think they are awesome and its good that finally gen 5 seems to be getting some love. Plus this is going to make the stall players happy.

Ninfia-Fan

Oh come on. It that anything you got guys ? Stop being kids lolololo L2P, i exactly know how crits work, i know the metagame, and i tell you, Slowbro > Mega Slowbro, whatever stat boost he gets, whatever different way you play the guy.

Now, that's my opinion, but if you tell me "don't say it sucks when we've known of its existence for mere hours", then i tell you, don't say it doesn't suck.

Yes. So we should be completely neutral about it, right? And not give our thoughts and opinions?

Anyway! it will be interesting to see how these two Megas can be used. I can't wait to see just how much of a supporter Mega Audino could be.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
i don't think it looks derpy i think it looks terrified. Considering all the teeth I can see why.
I think it will go under appreciated for awhile, but again, stats, stats, stats :p It has the potential with the little we have been given. Now the question is: how much?

Fayh

Am I the only one who thinks that Mega Slowbro looks like bad fan art?
I mean... it's cute and all... but it looks SO silly.
I really hope normal evolutions for older Pokémon are not a thing of the past yet... I am slowly getting tired of megas because some of the Pokémon would have deserved normal evolutions first (Audino, Absol, Lopunny, etc.)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm shocked... Mega Slowbro looks really ridiculous and it's ability sucks compared to what it has before it megas, and Mega Audino probably won't be much better than Audino. :/
They really do look like they'll suck in battle lol.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
But again we have to think, would the OFFICIAL site really make a mistake as big as revealing false Mega Evolutions? The more I think about it, the lees of a possibility it becomes.

Why are you even debating this, its not possible unless someone hacked the actual site and if that happened we would have a statement by now...seriously why are we discussion the vailidity of official information.

Where did I say I didn't like them? It was a comment regarding a mistake in the image, and the possibility that it could have been something other than trustworthy. But then again the official site appears to be poor at putting these images together, the Blaziken deevolves half way through the battle into Combusken...

Did I quote you? I'm saying this to everyone losing time debating the vailidity of this and why Audino doesn't have a megastone next to it, spending pages debating the validity of official info is just a waste of time.

I guess I'll start saying mega Altaria is fake.

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

It's not apparent.

Okay, I'll say don't knock it until you try it. Meaning, don't dismiss it as "sucking" until you've tried it and know it sucks. I'm personally going to enjoy not getting critted and walling everything to death.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
I really hope they don't start pushing Mega Evolutions onto too many Pokémon. There are far too many that actually deserve regular evolutions more than anything, and I think Audino was one of them. I think the lack of a hold item (Apart from its Mega Stone, obviously) is going to be far too big of a handicap for it to function well, especially seeing as it won't even have Regenerator any more, and Audino lacks any really usable recovery moves. Not to mention that pretty much every other defensive Mega Pokémon has atleast decent offensive stats, whereas Mega Audino will probably have next to none. I can't really imagine many people would use it over other Mega Pokémon, even if it probably would have great mixed bulk.
I do really like the design, however.

Mega Slowbro is almost in the same boat, except it'll probably be saved by an actual offensive prescence and the fact it gets Slack Off. Can't think of much else to say about it really. The design is ok, but nothing too special, and its ability is too situational to be of any real use. The stats will definitely be what determines if it gets used or not.

Overall, really confused about the decision to create these Mega Pokémon.

increased defences when you have good HP and can learn Wish/Protect/Toxic is a fair trade of for not being able to use leftover in a game that now favours knock off on any pokemon that has access to it lol - I agree the loss of regenerator sucks BUT it now has the potential to be an awesome bulky wish passer

Okay, I'll say don't knock it until you try it. Meaning, don't dismiss it as "sucking" until you've tried it and know it sucks. I'm personally going to enjoy not getting critted and walling everything to death

and odds are tictactucrac will be the one trying to crit you lmao

Last edited:

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller

...Not to jump into the pool between you two, but your replies are pretty fallacious at this point. You literally just answered a "How will it suck?" with a baseless insult.

Your highest reply to what makes MegaBro "garbage" is probably clouded by your personal apathy for the thing; as the biggest counter I've seen against it is your (insulting) opinion of it sucking without any real evidence to back it up besides losing Regenerator. Not to knock your opinion bro, but there's better ways to debate around these parts besides using censored swearing and circular reasoning. Abilities aren't really the Tell All/Be All of Pokemon.

I'll agree I preferred that ability, but depending on its BST it probably won't need it. Remember, this thing has Slack Off.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Omg Mega Slowbro looks even derpier. It's a cool concept how Shellder is kind of taking over though. Mega Audino looks alright.

I swear they must go on a Pokemon Random Generator and see there who gets a mega lol

Not really. Audino is a popular Gen V Pokémon because of it being an exp abuse Pokémon (plus it's cuteness played into it too). Slowbro on the other hand is loved by many for it's derpiness.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Why are you even debating this, its not possible unless someone hacked the actual site and if that happened we would have a statement by now...seriously why are we discussion the vailidity of official information.

You seemed confused. I was recanting on the thought of the official site being wrong.

And I guess I'll say this since many people are going Regenerator, Regenerator, Regenerator:
This gives Slowbro a new viable set, as well as a reason to stay in, tank hits and use Slack Off. Slack Off and it's boosting moves is literally the only reason this flies.
Congrats GF. You have made the first viable Set-Up Sweeper who cannot be hit with a critical hit. I don't understand how that's a situational ability. I do understand how it has been mostly inferior, but now it's not. M-Slowbro will serve a different purpose that RegenBro, which I like. Less predictable.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Is there any possibility of Masuda's message changing now that these megas were leaked? (assuming these were the things he was going to reveal)

Well, there is a possibility it was never going to be these, but I suppose there is a little chance. I wouldn't expect it though. Seeming this leak only occured in one place, I'm guessing that if it is Audino/Slopoke reveal at Gamescon/other event they will continue with them and just reveal them officially worldwide then.

MattySadler

I'm undecided on Mega Audino at this point, its a bit meh, but I LOVE Mega Slowbro, it looks amazing

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I really hope they don't start pushing Mega Evolutions onto too many Pokémon. There are far too many that actually deserve regular evolutions more than anything, and I think Audino was one of them. I think the lack of a hold item (Apart from its Mega Stone, obviously) is going to be far too big of a handicap for it to function well, especially seeing as it won't even have Regenerator any more, and Audino lacks any really usable recovery moves. Not to mention that pretty much every other defensive Mega Pokémon has atleast decent offensive stats, whereas Mega Audino will probably have next to none. I can't really imagine many people would use it over other Mega Pokémon, even if it probably would have great mixed bulk.
I do really like the design, however.

Mega Slowbro is almost in the same boat, except it'll probably be saved by an actual offensive prescence and the fact it gets Slack Off. Can't think of much else to say about it really. The design is ok, but nothing too special, and its ability is too situational to be of any real use. The stats will definitely be what determines if it gets used or not.

Overall, really confused about the decision to create these Mega Pokémon.

Yeah, I'm on the same boat with you for Mega Audino. Baenette is a prime example of a pokemon that deserved a regular evolution to become a Dusknoir counterpart again. What really frustrates me personally is the fact that regular Audino is just a normal type whilst Mega Audino finally gains its Fairy typing alongside the fact that it has virtually the worst ability you could possibly imagine for a Mega Evolution (it should have stuck with regenerator). I'm pretty sure Audino was Fairy enough for it to have the Fairy typing. However, Mega Audino could end up being the feared "Fairy Type Blissey" if its defences are similar to Blisseys special defence and it actually gets reliable recovery outside of Wish and Rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.