• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Mega Audino looks pretty good. Love the idea of a nurse evolving a doctor. Would've been way better as a cross-gen evo, but I know GF is most likely sticking solely with Megas, which leaves me very asspained, as I think there are some pokémon I'd prefer having actual evos than Megas, but then again, Gen 4 happened and while I liked a bunch of them, I know a lot of people didn't so I pretty much have no choice but to deal with it.

Slowbro's Mega looks silly and I don't know whether to dislike or love said sillyness. On another note, I would've liked if the tail wasn't poking out just so it could look like the Shellder is eating it. Would've made sense with the sad face, as if Slowbro just realized it. I know it sounds a bit edgy, but it would've been funny to me, ok?

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
I wonder what shiny mega audino looks like :3 and I her that there's gonna be a suprise that will be either today or tomorrow, what do you guys think its gonna be?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That's assuming they want to continue with Mega Evolutions in Gen7.. They could simply enforce the stupid rule that you can't transfer items again between generations. Hence, you can't transfer the Mega Stones and if GameFreak doesn't want Mega Evolutions in further generations (quite simply because the flaw we are already witnessing and Excitable Boy pointed out so painstakingly clear) then they can simply choose not to.

It's rather scary how such a simple thing can mean that a thing so incredibly defining for one generation can be excluded from the next so easily.

if that's the step back they have to take for their steps forward, then I'm all for it

I wonder what shiny mega audino looks like :3 and I her that there's gonna be a suprise that will be either today or tomorrow, what do you guys think its gonna be?

if it's anything, it's probably just what got leaked today

R_N

The "Surprise" will be Masuda's video message gamescom this week
the smart money would be mega slowbro &/or mega audino, although either/both could also be revealed if Masuda is also at the championships later this week ala Mega Kangaskhan

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
While I understand the merits of Shell Armor, I still think Regenerator is more useful. Critical Hits normally have a 6.25% chance of happening, so the ability only comes into play during that 6.25%. Regenerator heals up to 1/3 of Slowbro's max HP everytime. Being able to avoid critical hits is helpful when you start setting up since your defense increases won't get bypassed, but I feel that it's just too situational. Even though Slowbro does have Slack Off for recovery, the massive amount of passive recovery that Slowbro gets when you switch to a pokemon that is better against the opponent's is too good to pass up for an ability that may or may not be useful in the battle especially when there are entry hazards set up. That's not even considering that Slowbro can hold either Leftovers for even more passive recovery or Rocky Helmet to deal passive damage to physical attackers. That being said, I will definitely try out a Calm Mind MegaSlowbro since I've always like the notion of Calm Mind Slowbro but haven't been able to get my hands on a Renegerator Slowpoke to use (and even if I do, I'll still try out MegaSlowbro to see how well it does).

I can foresee it being a staller, but that lack of passive healing is undesirable.
Never used Slowbro competitively anyway, so I am not really bothered much.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
The "Surprise" will be Masuda's video message gamescom this week
the smart money would be mega slowbro &/or mega audino, although either/both could also be revealed if Masuda is also at the championships later this week ala Mega Kangaskhan
ah okay that makes sense, thank you

McYerba

I... I just don't get M-Slowbro.

The whole thing with Slowbro is that the evolution makes sense, "animal"-wise. Shellder gets to travel outside water, and Slowpoke becomes bipedal. Wich works, even for a game about superpowered animals. And now the M-Evolution (wich made Charizard and Salamence more adept for flying, Sableye and Aggron more defensive, etc) takes off his hind legs, forces it to stand up in THE TIP of his tail (i mean... why? Couldn't the just nail it to the ground like Ferroseed, at least?) and gets the head surrounded by huge, sharp teeth. Wich fortunately aren't inwards, but if M-Slowbro were to trip (and he likely will, because defeat animation (?)) they could cause some severe damage.

I mean... what the flip-flop, Gamefreak?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I... I just don't get M-Slowbro.

The whole thing with Slowbro is that the evolution makes sense, "animal"-wise. Shellder gets to travel outside water, and Slowpoke becomes bipedal. Wich works, even for a game about superpowered animals. And now the M-Evolution (wich made Charizard and Salamence more adept for flying, Sableye and Aggron more defensive, etc) takes off his hind legs, forces it to stand up in THE TIP of his tail (i mean... why? Couldn't the just nail it to the ground like Ferroseed, at least?) and gets the head surrounded by huge, sharp teeth. Wich fortunately aren't inwards, but if M-Slowbro were to trip (and he likely will, because defeat animation (?)) they could cause some severe damage.

I mean... what the flip-flop, Gamefreak?

Simple, Mega Slowbro will not faint. It's an everlasting wall..

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
I've used a Slowbro on my ingame team before. >= But then again, I pretty much use whatever I want on my ingame teams and don't pay much attention to strength since I feel like I can win regardless.

So, the main reason I'm posting though. Me and my sister where just chillin' on the couch watching the anime D Gray Man on Netflix when I opened up my laptop to Serebii and saw the new mega evos, which I of course immediately showed her:

holy__by_dragonflylite-d7uw0ix.png

The excellent timing invited instant comparisons. O-o

Actually the one on the right looks more like...

MEGA CLOYSTER/FORRETRESS CONFIRMED

AuraStorm13

Undaunted Explorer
That's assuming they want to continue with Mega Evolutions in Gen7.. They could simply enforce the stupid rule that you can't transfer items again between generations. Hence, you can't transfer the Mega Stones and if GameFreak doesn't want Mega Evolutions in further generations (quite simply because the flaw we are already witnessing and Excitable Boy pointed out so painstakingly clear) then they can simply choose not to.

It's rather scary how such a simple thing can mean that a thing so incredibly defining for one generation can be excluded from the next so easily.

I'd say the likelihood of GF removing Mega Evolution is about as likely as them removing Giratina-O and Skymin by removing the Griseous Orb and Gracidea from the game. The thing is with Megas, there'd be alot more collateral damage if they were removed, as Pokemon like Mawile need their Mega to even be considered in any serious Competitive Play, so removing all Megas can have some negative effects. Could the Megas eventually start to become ignored in favor of another feature later down the road? Sure. Could some Megas/Abilities do with a nerf? I can see it happening. But removing them outright strips some Pokemon of the very thing they need to be viable in Competitive play.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I'd say the likelihood of GF removing Mega Evolution is about as likely as them removing Giratina-O and Skymin by removing the Griseous Orb and Gracidea from the game. The thing is with Megas, there'd be alot more collateral damage if they were removed, as Pokemon like Mawile need their Mega to even be considered in any serious Competitive Play, so removing all Megas can have some negative effects. Could the Megas eventually start to become ignored in favor of another feature later down the road? Sure. Could some Megas/Abilities do with a nerf? I can see it happening. But removing them outright strips some Pokemon of the very thing they need to be viable in Competitive play.

I am assuming you mean Shaymin right?

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Skymin, it's a phrase used to describe Shaymin-Sky in short.

OH!! Hm? Never heard that one. I thought for a second you were saying Skyrim for some reason.

Tytanium18

Itinerant

No more megas in gen7? I'm ok with this idea actually.

Klay

Titan Tamer
M-Slowbro design will take a lot of time to grow in me....or probably it will never...
It doesnt give that "Solid/bulky" feeling by standing on its tail

Thats my point of view tho..
I thing the chance of having a M-Slowking is high (but we never know with gamefreak), so i hope if slowking get one it will b alot better than slowbro

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
now I'm seriously wondering if Game Freak's going to not bother with patching the new Megas into XY and just make each game have exclusive Megas

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I think that people aren't talking about enough about Mega Audino is that its the first Gen 5 pokemon to get a mega evolution! Meaning that 5th gen will finally get some megas. I would love to see a Grass/Fairy mega Lilligant, a Water/Steel Mega Samurott, and a Dragon/Steel mega Hydreigon. Though Zoroark...I don't know how that would work because of Illusion

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I think that people aren't talking about enough about Mega Audino is that its the first Gen 5 pokemon to get a mega evolution! Meaning that 5th gen will finally get some megas. I would love to see a Grass/Fairy mega Lilligant, a Water/Steel Mega Samurott, and a Dragon/Steel mega Hydreigon. Though Zoroark...I don't know how that would work because of Illusion

We have talked about that the moment it came out, sorry that you oly came here now.

On that topic, gief my mega Krokoodile, Scrafty and Galvantula.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
now I'm seriously wondering if Game Freak's going to not bother with patching the new Megas into XY and just make each game have exclusive Megas

I don't think they will. We already know M-Blaziken is in both games. Plus that would not make much sense (At least ot me). Plus I don't know about you but I play to bring my Megas over from x and Y to join in the fun in Hoenn, so I really hope its not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.