• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I KNOW that it has never been done before, and I know that there are all sorts of patters and formulas and what have you that people have come up with, but I still don't fully understand why new Pokemon can't be introduced mid gen? I understand as to why previously, but now ..Not so much... I mean, if they are going to have to patch X/Y to include the newly released megas in ORAS, why can't they simply include the new Pokes in the patch as well?

Well my thoughts on this question comes in 2

1. new Pokemon in the form of new Evolutions for old Pokemon- Sadly I don't think they will be doing these at all anymore expect for maybe new Eeveeolutions. I have a feeling Mega Evolutions will be replace new evolutions for old Pokemon now, though I am hope I am wrong about this.

2. Totally new Pokemon- My guess is that their logic is that Mid Generation (either Remake or 3rd title) is that there is no new region to explore so why have totally new Pokemon. I guess they won't to save them for new regions is why we don't see totally new Pokemon miod generation.

Those are my thoughts as to how to best answer your question.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Uhhh can I just say... I'm a little excited that I've finally produced an idea that not only people are talking about, but think is cool

#winningtonightwithhypno

Serebii's forums are prone to interpersonal quips with little regard to other peoples' posts. I personally try to respond to other individuals, but sometimes the topic isn't all that stimulating, which I realize is hypocritical. You can never go wrong with a hot Hypno topic. It has more clout than topics about Ampharos' hair.

Navarch

I think people are forgetting that Slowbro is a Psychic Type. Him balancing on his tail isn't too farfetch'ed (pun totally not intended). Psychic Types, balance... It kinda makes sense.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think people are forgetting that Slowbro is a Psychic Type. Him balancing on his tail isn't too farfetch'ed (pun totally not intended). Psychic Types, balance... It kinda makes sense.

Mm, astute observation. I like that. A lot.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
Mega Sceptile - I actually think Grass/Dragon is a pretty cool typing. I'm picking Treecko as my starter too in Omega Ruby, so I'm excited to see what potential Mega Sceptile has to offer. :)

Mega Swampert - It lifted weights. Nothing special here, imo.

Mega Slowbro - It looks like the shell got hungry and ate Slowbro. I've seen some pretty funny pictures circulating the internet in regards to Mega Slowbro though, so that's a plus.

Mega Sableye - I'm happy Dark types are getting more love with Mega Sableye getting a Mega Evolution. :D I'm excited to use this mega in my gym for an RP I'm in, assuming I'm still holding it when the OR/AS changes get implemented in. :3

Mega Altaria - It got more fluffy, and more adorable. I approve.

Mega Salamence - gg no rematch, salamence just effed up the meta game, ahahahaha.

Mega Metagross - It sounds useful. Nice to know we'll get a shiny from Steven in the games~

Mega Lopunny - Ehhh, I've never been a fan of Lopunny really, & the mega hasn't really changed that for me.

Mega Audino - It fits its "healer"ish role more now with the mega, & it gets the ability, which is just as fitting, ahaha. It could probably replace Chansey in Pokemon Centers!

Mega Diancie - It looks pretty, but that's about all I can say. Haven't really gotten an actual Diancie yet, so I couldn't really tell you whether or not I liked it.

Rampharos

I've seen a lot of people complaining about mega slowbro's ability, but I actually think it's a good sign. Megas that aren't simply the same thing but better give a lot more variety.
Mega Slowbro can be used as a set-up pokemon a lot better because of the better stats and no crits. It is better for 1v1 scenarios and battle formats where switching is not ideal. I think this is pretty cool.
I think Mega Sableye is great for similar reasons.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just sayin......If Audino is the only 5th gen Mega, so help me peanut butter

I doubt it will be. We'll probably end up getting around the same amount that we got from X/Y or at least a little over half that. I'd expect maybe 3 more from Unova and about 2 more from Sinnoh.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I doubt it will be. We'll probably end up getting around the same amount that we got from X/Y or at least a little over half that. I'd expect maybe 3 more from Unova and about 2 more from Sinnoh.

I wonder if they will give way more focus to Unova in OR/AS in order to balance it comparing to the other regions (excluding Kalos). Hoenn Pokémon getting a lot of attention is a given, though.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That automatically throws off the balance here.

considering the discrepancies between the popularity of various monsters, the varying number of fully-evolved Pokemon per generation, lack of correlation between generation of introduction and competitive viability, potential for new ideas, and precedent set by XY, I would assume that Game Freak (rightfully) does not care in the slightest about any of your "balance" fanterms

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
considering the discrepancies between the popularity of various monsters, the varying number of fully-evolved Pokemon per generation, lack of correlation between generation of introduction and competitive viability, potential for new ideas, and precedent set by XY, I would assume that Game Freak (rightfully) does not care in the slightest about any of your "balance" fanterms

"Fanterms" lol

Anyway, X/Y pretty much proved that already. :rolleyes:

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I can't even believe people think there's going to be a balance with Megas. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Gen II will probably have the least with Gen I and III having the most. I expect more Gen IV, V and VI with the next installment.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I can't even believe people think there's going to be a balance with Megas. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Gen II will probably have the least with Gen I and III having the most. I expect more Gen IV, V and VI with the next installment.

Obviously no one means something like having the same number of Mega evolutions in every region. They rightfully expect them to compensate Unova and Kalos in OR/AS.

Unova having one Mega and Kalos another one is more balanced than both having zero.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

There will most likely never be a balance. One will always have at least 1 more or 1 less than another Generation.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Thank you. In fact, even if every family got a Mega, it still wouldn't be balanced because the generations themselves are not balanced. There's more 1st, 3rd, and 5th gen Pokemon than there are 2nd, 4th, and 6th gen Pokemon, so by default, it's already not balanced.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
yeah, I can totally see Game Freak inventing designs and implementation of Mega Evolutions to fit the notion of "compensating" games

they need to; it's what the fans want and expect, and fans are never wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.