• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
There are loads of new Megas I'd like to see in these new games. For one, I'd really like to see a Mega Pidgeot with Gale Wings as it's ability to take Talonflame out of the limelight a bit. It could get a big boost to it's special attack and minor boosts to everything but attack to give it a powerful priority Hurricane and it'd even have Mirror Move giving it an interesting trick to separate it from Talonflame even further. All it would need is maybe a couple special attacking coverage moves and some stats kind of like these and Mega Pidgeot a very viable Pokemon:

Mega Pidgeot:
Normal/Flying or pure Flying
Gale Wings
HP: 83
ATK: 70+10=80
DEF: 75+5=80
SpATK: 70+50=120
SpDEF: 70+15=85
SPD: 91 +20=111

It'd be a bit slower than Talonflame with much more bulk, a higher attacking stat, and the potential for some crazy Mirror Move shenanigans. A boost like this would make the iconic original starting bird a force to be reckoned with. Design wise they can simply make it's hair and tail feathers more elaborate and 'fabulous' looking and extend it's eye markings into a sleeker and more intricate pattern. The Bird Jesus fans would love it!

I...actually like this idea. Pideot needs more love, and it having a mega could do it. Sure, it got a slight base speed boost (which was much needed) but it still fails to stand out with all the other flying-type competition.

I'm still holding onto hope for a Mega Luxray. I mean, Wynaut? Every other mega mon is going super saiyan, and Luxray is kinda like the Vegeta of Pokemon. XD

Folsom

Why? Well, wynaut?
I agree pidgeot should get a mega evolution

I have a weird feeling torkoal is gonna get it too

Akashin

Ah yes, that would be the last likely candidate, since it is part of the trio. But I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't, as it really doesn't need any sort of boost.

And Groudon and Kyogre did? I really don't think that the necessity of them getting the boost has anything to do with whether or not it will happen...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I agree pidgeot should get a mega evolution

I have a weird feeling torkoal is gonna get it too
While Mega Pidgeot would be nice, I think it would balance things out if they introduce Megas from the other generations (Gen III aside since they're getting their fair share) due to the fact there are more Gen I mega evolutions in general than anything else

Last edited:

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
While Mega Pidgeot would be nice, I think it would balance things out if they introduce Megas from the other generations (Gen III aside since they're getting their fair share) due to the fact there more Gen I mega evolutions in general than anything else

Unfortunately I'm sure Game Freak doesn't take that much into account when talking about how balanced the generations are.

R_N

No it doesn't. What makes you think Electric type makes sense with Aurorus?

The inexplicable learning of Magnet Rise, Thunderwave, Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Thunder and Discharge on an Ice/Rock pokemon?
Which I'm guessing it hasto do with the aurora theme

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The inexplicable learning of Magnet Rise, Thunderwave, Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Thunder and Discharge on an Ice/Rock pokemon?
Which I'm guessing it hasto do with the aurora theme

Magnet Rise would make sense since auroras and magnetism are heavily tied to each other.
As for the remaining electric-type attacks, I think it's just relation to light.

Design-wise, Ice/Rock or Fairy/Rock suits it.
Movepool-wise, Electric/Rock.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Speaking of Primal Rayquaza, what kind of ability do you think it will have? It would be sort of underwhelming for Kyogre to have Origin Rain and Groudon have Origin Sun(or whatever these abilities are called) while Rayquaza just gets Air Lock. The thing is, that ability still does Rayquaza's job and as far as we know has the same effect on the Origin abilities as it did on Drizzle/Drought. Therefore, it's feasible that Rayquaza could remain with Air Lock post-Primal. Or it could get an upgraded version(though the ability works fine against weather as is) or something else entirely as normal Rayquaza's ability will still put a cork in Groudon/Kyogre's, so you can stop their sun/rain without needing to go Primal. Thoughts?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Speaking of Primal Rayquaza, what kind of ability do you think it will have? It would be sort of underwhelming for Kyogre to have Origin Rain and Groudon have Origin Sun(or whatever these abilities are called) while Rayquaza just gets Air Lock. The thing is, that ability still does Rayquaza's job and as far as we know has the same effect on the Origin abilities as it did on Drizzle/Drought. Therefore, it's feasible that Rayquaza could remain with Air Lock post-Primal. Or it could get an upgraded version(though the ability works fine against weather as is) or something else entirely as normal Rayquaza's ability will still put a cork in Groudon/Kyogre's, so you can stop their sun/rain without needing to go Primal. Thoughts?

Maybe something like Aura Break, which turns the boosts of Origin Sun/Origin Rain around on them?

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
Maybe something like Aura Break, which turns the boosts of Origin Sun/Origin Rain around on them?

That seems feasible and actually pretty funny. I was also thinking if something like a Water/Volt Absorb but for rain/sun. Rayquaza would come in, stop whatever weather is on the field and get some type of stat bonus for doing so. Like a boost to speed or something(could be called Jet Stream)?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
That seems feasible and actually pretty funny. I was also thinking if something like a Water/Volt Absorb but for rain/sun. Rayquaza would come in, stop whatever weather is on the field and get some type of stat bonus for doing so. Like a boost to speed or something(could be called Jet Stream)?

Ooh, yes, I quite like that idea, and that's a good name for it, too. And it's more in keeping with Rayquaza's original Ability than an Aura Break-like one would be, so it fits better thematically as well.

Maybe I'm biased, as I have always liked using these guys despite being a bit underpowered, but I would love to see Mega Nidoking/Nidoqueen. I think this would boost their stats into being more usable pokemon. Not sure if a type change would be in order, maybe Poison/Steel or Poison/Dragon. Poison/Steel would make them the ultimate Fairy buster. It seems like Gen I already received many Mega evolutions though, so I doubt this will happen...

Elchar

Well, guys, CoroCoro is coming in few days... I hope we are finally gonna get our Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt... but I am going to be fine with any new Megas :D

Well, guys, CoroCoro is coming in few days... I hope we are finally gonna get our Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt... but I am going to be fine with any new Megas :D

I'm betting we're going to get mega lati@s revealed, maybe two more megas, and some random thing that we aren't going to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept mega sharpedo and camerupt an in-game secret, but you never know.

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
In terms of Mega's in CoroCoro I'm hoping for some info on Mega Lati@s, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camperupt. And I doubt they'll reveal all the mega's before release, just like with X and Y.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
God! Everything is coming out in October this year. Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 3DS, new Mevo events. I know ASOR isn't until November, but the other things will hold us over until then. Really want that Shiny Gengar!

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Maybe I'm biased, as I have always liked using these guys despite being a bit underpowered, but I would love to see Mega Nidoking/Nidoqueen. I think this would boost their stats into being more usable pokemon. Not sure if a type change would be in order, maybe Poison/Steel or Poison/Dragon. Poison/Steel would make them the ultimate Fairy buster. It seems like Gen I already received many Mega evolutions though, so I doubt this will happen...
I think they are fine the way they are. Sheerforce + Life Orb Thunder/Fire Blast/Focus Blast is nothing to play with when you don't have to worry about recoil, even with no STAB.
Unless they got a huge boost as Megas, they would either become outclassed, or just serve a specific role, the latter being fine. I want a Steel/Poison type now, and I must eat my words before when I said it would be a bad type (pre-gen 6), but I don't want it restricted to a Mega Form, as that would limit strategies with things like Black Sludge. Ground is arguably a better coverage type as well compared to Steel.

God! Everything is coming out in October this year. Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros 3DS, new Mevo events. I know ASOR isn't until November, but the other things will hold us over until then. Really want that Shiny Gengar!

My wallet is crying out for mercy :p
I actually don't mind not getting the Shiny Gengar, unless it comes with a special move (that is actually viable. I'm looking at you Vivillon).

My wallet is crying out for mercy :p
I actually don't mind not getting the Shiny Gengar, unless it comes with a special move (that is actually viable. I'm looking at you Vivillon).
This event seems to be similar to the Japanese one, so it is possible that it will get Sludge Wave (which is kind of neat).

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
This event seems to be similar to the Japanese one, so it is possible that it will get Sludge Wave (which is kind of neat).

If it does, then I will definitely care. Although, non-Legendary event Pokemon aren't subject to the "3 perfect IV Rule" so it'll take a lot of soft resetting for it to be useable in competitive play, unless they decide to arbitrarily do that for it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
If it does, then I will definitely care. Although, non-Legendary event Pokemon aren't subject to the "3 perfect IV Rule" so it'll take a lot of soft resetting for it to be useable in competitive play, unless they decide to arbitrarily do that for it.

Nope only nonbredeable mons like legends or baby forms get the 3iv treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.