• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Base 100 speed is nothing to laugh at. It outspeeds a wide portion of the metagame. Though I would like more speed, I am fine with Base 100.

Speaking of other boosts, I would like it to get a Defense boosts so it can take attacks and hit back hard.
The power creep wasnt good to base 100.
I still remember the DPPT era where base 80 was acceptaple base 90 was cool base 95 made lucario suffer and base 100 was amazing for bulky offense.
Base 110-115 was overkill and base 125-130 was for leads antileads and swellow sets

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Or...they are launched like mini torpedos and regrow like Sceptile's tail, they just do not appear except when using a ranged attack.

Pretty sure this is the case, only appearing when taunted or when using certain moves. It also doesn't help that the camera in Gen VI pans in on the opponent during certain attacks, so you don't get to see the Pokemon's movements. It very well could be deploying the blades during Crunch and we just can't tell.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I dont want to break your bubble it was SE on blaziken making it a ground type move.

U sure? I hear the same sound from blaziken getting hit as the origin pulse hitting swampert, which is neutral. I went to XY to see if it's the neutral sound and it is. that last "blade" sounds like it's a SE sound but the move is actually neutral. well as i said, rock is still an option. Weird not being same type but if it has better acc and power compared to stone edge i'm good.

Akashin

U sure? I hear the same sound from blaziken getting hit as the origin pulse hitting swampert, which is neutral. I went to XY to see if it's the neutral sound and it is. that last "blade" sounds like it's a SE sound but the move is actually neutral. well as i said, rock is still an option. Weird not being same type but if it has better acc and power compared to stone edge i'm good.

Than you're not listening closely enough; Precipice Blades definitely hit Blaziken Super Effectively. And Rock isn't an option, since Fighting resists it.

Klay

Titan Tamer

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Anyone else hears percipice blades being super effective on blaziken? I replayed the trailer again and again and i still hear the exact same sound as swampert being hit with origin pulse.

Photonkrios95

Zoldakin

Anyone else hears percipice blades being super effective on blaziken? I replayed the trailer again and again and i still hear the exact same sound as swampert being hit with origin pulse.

try headphones? It's definetley super effective. It might be a little hard to pick up over the music.

I believe they're meant to be like Typhlosion's flames. Only appear with certain attacks.

Yea, I don't think they would release the art and remove the spikes the day after in the video, Especially since the models in game were probably made a long time ago and the scans are technically not supposed to be out yet so if anything, the model would have it and the scans wouldn't. I'm pretty sure they planned this well. We only got one attack in the video and the camera panned away from megapedo. It definetley comes out at some point, No need to worry.

Last edited:

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Mega Gallade just blows my mind. At first glance I didn't really care about him too much but when I got a look at his official artwork in CoroCoro I really have changed my mind about him. Yesterday's announcement of the new trailer was just the cherry on top. The way Mega Gallade moves his cape when he Mega Evolves is simply amazing. His design is very cool and has also a lot in common with Mega Gardevoir as most of Mega Gallade's body turns pure white.

Inner Focus may not be the best Ability on him, but with the increase in his Attack and Speed stat I think he will become a great Pokémon. I also think he will be able to utilize a Swords Dance set better. Standard Gallade has a little trouble with Swords Dance since he lacks some Speed. Hopefully Mega Gallade will change this.

I actually like Mega Camerupt's design too. It actually looks like an actual volcano now since its body becomes more round. I just really like the idea of that since it matches Camerupt's concept of a volcano very well. I don't really know if Sheer Force is that good of an Ability on him since his typing is very bad defensively and there fore I think it would be better off by keeping its Solid Rock Ability.

Mega Sharpedo is OK but not that great to me, since its design is somewhat.. boring. Some yellow markings on his skin has been added as well as some spikes on his mouth and nose. I think he looks good but there is not that much of a surprise element about him. It kind of reminds me of Mega Aerodactyl which I think looks great visually, but the artwork is kind of boring like Mega Sharpedo's. Mega Sharpedo still looks good in-game, though :)

Lugar

Does Primordial Sea/Desolate Land prevent Desolate Land/Primordial Sea from being activated?ie if i have Primal Groudon on the field and someone sends in Primal Kyogre will it remain strong sunlight?And since Air Lock can already negate the weather effects what would Primal Rayquaza new ability do?Maybe it will outright reset the weather to normal?

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Quite ironic how Primal Groudon now has a much easier time against Wallace than Primal Kyogre. At least with just their moves they come with, without the use of TMs.

Lugar

Primal Kyogre is still stronger. Check pokemon.com.

I am so excited to see the power of Origin Pulse and so forth. Primal Quaza is pretty much confirmed now.

Who are you responding to?Because i didn't mention power i was just questioning the new abilities-weathers and by the way if strong sunlight is on then Primal Groudon definately has the upper hand vs Kyogre 'cause the latter movepool si pretty shallow with only water,ice,electric with 2 of them out of the picture he's done.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Does Primordial Sea/Desolate Land prevent Desolate Land/Primordial Sea from being activated?ie if i have Primal Groudon on the field and someone sends in Primal Kyogre will it remain strong sunlight?And since Air Lock can already negate the weather effects what would Primal Rayquaza new ability do?Maybe it will outright reset the weather to normal?

That's a good question. Perhaps it works like the normal weather conditions where the Pokémon that comes out last is the one that gets its weather up :)

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Who are you responding to?Because i didn't mention power i was just questioning the new abilities-weathers and by the way if strong sunlight is on then Primal Groudon definately has the upper hand vs Kyogre 'cause the latter movepool si pretty shallow with only water,ice,electric with 2 of them out of the picture he's done.

Huh? Primal Kyogre will cancel Desolate land.

Lugar

Huh? Primal Kyogre will cancel Desolate land.

Not sure if you're being dumb on purpose right now because that is what i asked in the first place and second whoever has the weather on his side will have the advantage over the other so Kyogre is not stronger than Groudon in the match up,they're basically even and only to make things clear i wasn't even taking sides it was alphabetical order g,h,i,j,k.Moving on i'm wondering if strong weathers can cancel moves like aqua ring as well or is it just damaging moves?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.