• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
If there will be no Mega Masquerain, I'm definitely having Mega Gallade. Altaria is amazing but I rather like Mega Gallade's coolness. The fact that I could run a gimmicky skill swap set with it is quite amusing.

A base stat like this 68/175/65/65/125/120 is ideal for me.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I just realised that most of the Pokemon that appear in the trailers get a mega , coincidence?

Considering that most of them only appear in trailers after they got Megas, it wouldn't say that it is a coincidence.

But yes, so far we haven't seen any incidental fully-evolved Pokémon re-revealed, like Mightyena or Grumpig.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Not sure if you're being dumb on purpose right now because that is what i asked in the first place and second whoever has the weather on his side will have the advantage over the other so Kyogre is not stronger than Groudon in the match up,they're basically even and only to make things clear i wasn't even taking sides it was alphabetical order g,h,i,j,k.Moving on i'm wondering if strong weathers can cancel moves like aqua ring as well or is it just damaging moves?

I would assume all moves which besides aqua ring there's nothing non damaging usefull.

Since both abilities summon "super weather" i assume they will overrite each other. Also abilities like cloud nine and air lock seem to be able to cancel out this weather since

"The Desolate Land Ability, which only Primal Groudon has, changes the weather condition to extremely harsh sunlight. It is not possible to change the weather condition during extremely harsh sunlight (leaving aside the efforts of an exceedingly small number of Pokémon)."- from the pokemon website.

That means either only themselves and rayquaza can overrite/negate the weather condition or weather negating abilities do work. That leaves a total of 4 pokemon lines (golduck, altaria, lickicky and rayquaza) which 7/721 is a exceedingly small number of pokemon.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
^ Cloud Nine wont work to cancel the super weather, only each other and whatever Rayquaza will get.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
[ACE] Zero;17406230 said:
^ Cloud Nine wont work to cancel the super weather, only each other and whatever Rayquaza will get.

Source for this?

As far as I know the only thing they said wouldn't work was weather changing moves.

Akashin

[ACE] Zero;17406230 said:

Are we making assumptions, or is there something I've missed? The official site has said nothing about Cloud Nine and Air Lock.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
being the third of the Hoenn trio, I would assume Rayquaza's Air Lock would cancel them out, but seeing as how CLoud Nine does the same thing, I'm not so sure...

lavanda

Really feeling it
W-Wait, Mega Sharpedo has no nose blades in the trailer? So that's why I strangely thought of its design as more acceptable when I watched it...
That's strange, there are no indents for the blades to come out from, and I definitely don't think it's a gender difference. I'm going with either being the final version.

Carcara

I don't think Cloud Nine should be able to nulify Primal Kyogre/Groudon's ability. It kinda beats the purpose. ButAir lock should definetely be able, unless Primal Rayquaza also has an upgraded ability. Hmm...

I don't think the nose blades are retractable. The flavor text mentions that they can be regrown countless times. So I guess they just regrow and then fall off, similar to Mega Sceptile's tail. However it is weird that attacks like Crunch would not cause them to regrow, as the move actually uses (nose) teeth.
I'm pretty sure that the nose blades will appear on the game model, they are a very distinct trait of the Sugimori art and are mentioned in its description too. But I'm not sure how often they will appear.

However I would also like to mention that there are no holes on Bisharp's arms' for its blades to come out of either, but they are retractable.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Source for this?

As far as I know the only thing they said wouldn't work was weather changing moves.

Are we making assumptions, or is there something I've missed? The official site has said nothing about Cloud Nine and Air Lock.

I only quoted what's in the pokemon site. "The Desolate Land Ability, which only Primal Groudon has, changes the weather condition to extremely harsh sunlight. It is not possible to change the weather condition during extremely harsh sunlight (leaving aside the efforts of an exceedingly small number of Pokémon)."- from the pokemon website. When they say exceedingly small, i assume they don't mean only 2 other pokemon right? the only thing i said is from how the text is it implies that either the opposing weather, air lock and cloud nine will work against the weather (cloud nine's nullifying effects = no weather) or only the opposing weather and air lock which is only in 2 pokemon. No specific details, i'm just assuming from what they say.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I don't think Cloud Nine should be able to nulify Primal Kyogre/Groudon's ability. It kinda beats the purpose. ButAir lock should definetely be able, unless Primal Rayquaza also has an upgraded ability. Hmm...

Its a copy paste skill that does the same and it isnt lusted in the ones that fail. Lore aside it does.

Kingudora

My favourite
I don't think the nose blades are retractable. The flavor text mentions that they can be regrown countless times. So I guess they just regrow and then fall off, similar to Mega Sceptile's tail. However it is weird that attacks like Crunch would not cause them to regrow, as the move actually uses (nose) teeth.
I'm pretty sure that the nose blades will appear on the game model, they are a very distinct trait of the Sugimori art and are mentioned in its description too. But I'm not sure how often they will appear.

However I would also like to mention that there are no holes on Bisharp's arms' for its blades to come out of either, but they are retractable.

It will probably use its nose blades for its tackling attack animation, not the biting attack animation like in the trailer.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
It will probably use its nose blades for its tackling attack animation, not the biting attack animation like in the trailer.

Loving this.
Step 1 grow frontal spikes
Step 2 go give your enemy the backside
Step 3 plunge yourself to your enemy with aquajet

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I will be sad and angry if rayquaza doesn't get a usable ability. it would be cool if you switch in rayquaza against a primal pokemon, negate the weather and then transform in primal rayquaza, gaining either a brand new ability or at least an existing decent one. In this age of 5-8 turn weather, maintaining air lock is not a good ability for the primal form. So, i think mold breaker/aerialate/intimidate/pressure or a new aerialate/gale wings but for dragon type attacks. That rayquaza is gonna be the most uber.
Just imagine, 175/100/175/100/125, with priority dragon draco meteor and outrage/dragon claw, oh god, the most terrifying thing.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I will be sad and angry if rayquaza doesn't get a usable ability. it would be cool if you switch in rayquaza against a primal pokemon, negate the weather and then transform in primal rayquaza, gaining either a brand new ability or at least an existing decent one. In this age of 5-8 turn weather, maintaining air lock is not a good ability for the primal form. So, i think mold breaker/aerialate/intimidate/pressure or a new aerialate/gale wings but for dragon type attacks. That rayquaza is gonna be the most uber.
Just imagine, 175/100/175/100/125, with priority dragon draco meteor and outrage/dragon claw, oh god, the most terrifying thing.
Why do people want the most?
Meh im fine with pressure/airlock or trollfocus as long as he keeps extremespeed swords dance.

Galewings brought a new cancer to theory mons...

lavanda

Really feeling it
Bisharp's blades are much more thin and less noticeable in its design, but sure, looking at Sceptile I can easily see them coming out and regrowing during battle. Maybe they come out when Mega Sharpedo first takes direct damage, and regenerate when the battle ends / upon switching. I wonder if Mega Camerupt will have a similar gimmick.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Why do people want the most?
Meh im fine with pressure/airlock or trollfocus as long as he keeps extremespeed swords dance.

Galewings brought a new cancer to theory mons...

My point was that i would be satisfied just for pressure/intimidate. i agree, gale wings is possibly the equivalent of gen 5's weather.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
My point was that i would be satisfied just for pressure/intimidate. i agree, gale wings is possibly the equivalent of gen 5's weather.

I swear to god battling in 5th gen without a clan of friends who said "screw weather lets have fun with nonweather mons". Was like listening song of storms 10hrs version in ytube.

Make it rain!

I gotta say i loved those bros fun battles happened there.

I got a warning for the admins so i cant compare stuff to diseases but ill say that PSS will go down to hell with these kids using their newly aquired Primal toy online. Im just gonna stick to my friends in order to battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.