• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Primordial? Desolate? Precipice? My my my, Game Freak. What big words you're using.

Parabolic, Flux, Deluge, Disarming... GF is clearly dipping into the thesaurus this gen. At least a lot more than Quick and Attack. The hardest word thus far is Façade; i guarentee people are saying "Fay-Cade". I wonder how much of the intended audience is pronouncing the words correctly...

For those of you still discussing the nose aspect of Mega Sharpedo, several forum members have already brought up that we have not seen all of Mega Sharpedo's attack frames, and the blades may be retractable. Similar to how Typhlosion's fire only sprouts during certain attacks, and Florges only uses her vines during Vine Whip.

Last edited:
gender differences for mega sharpedo -_- thats my guess

The flavor text mentions that Mega Sharpedo's nose horns can regrow countless times. I doubt that they would make its most prominent trait a gender difference.
Besides, GF is unfortunatly moving away from "small" gender differences. None of the ones that previously had them, like Garchomp, Venusaur etc keep them when Mega evolving.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I swear to god battling in 5th gen without a clan of friends who said "screw weather lets have fun with nonweather mons". Was like listening song of storms 10hrs version in ytube.

Make it rain!

I gotta say i loved those bros fun battles happened there.

I got a warning for the admins so i cant compare stuff to diseases but ill say that PSS will go down to hell with these kids using their newly aquired Primal toy online. Im just gonna stick to my friends in order to battle.

ayeaye! here's what i also think of the new abilities: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4_zCb0kMiY&list=UUKOnM_lSgM8vlw9MTM2J7Hw

Parabolic, Flux, Deluge, Disarming... GF is clearly dipping into the thesaurus this gen. At least a lot more than Quick and Attack. The hardest word thus far is Façade; i guarentee people are saying "Fay-Cade". I wonder how much of the intended audience is pronouncing the words correctly...

For those of you still discussing the nose aspect of Mega Sharpedo, several forum members have already brought up that we have not seen all of Mega Sharpedo's attack frames, and the blades may be retractable. Similar to how Typhlosion's fire only sprouts during certain attacks, and Florges only uses her vines during Vine Whip.

that could be the case i guess. i like mega sharpedo better with the blades.

Mega Gallade is most probably screwed because Talonflame exists. No matter how fast he gets, The Brave Bird will strike him down.

If we are going by Smogon (and I don't know that much about competitive) won't Gallade end up in a completely different tier than Talonflame? From what I know, Talonflame is considered a staple while it looks like Gallade is going to end up in mid tier.

tictactucrac

If we are going by Smogon (and I don't know that much about competitive) won't Gallade end up in a completely different tier than Talonflame? From what I know, Talonflame is considered a staple while it looks like Gallade is going to end up in mid tier.

Mega Gallade will probably end up in OU with Talonflame if he gets a boost in speed and attack, because stab Close combat with 100+ bs speed and 140+ bs attack is just too good, + shadow sneak, Bulk up/W-o-w and high special defense, sabotage, EQ, stone edge, leaf blade, sword dance... Really Gallade has one of the best movepool in the game, he just needs better stats to shine.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Mega Gallade is most probably screwed because Talonflame exists. No matter how fast he gets, The Brave Bird will strike him down.
Same with anything that has a weakness to something faster than it? Just carry Tyranitar or something to counter Talonflame; remember, Breloom is 4x weak to Brave Bird and it's still OU (albeit its abilities are miles better than Inner Focus, so that helps it).

XXD17

Draco rex
As someone said (edit:lol it's right above, sorry tsukuyomi56) the ability being nullified doesn't stop the weather condition that was summoned when groudon/kyogre primal evolve. But there's still the question of air lock/cloud nine and obviously if these new weather conditions can be overwritten or if they nullify each other. In any case, faster or slower, speed will play the key role in the weather wars.

Are any previous megas different based on gender? I still don't know what happened there, it sounds strange that it was an incomplete model but we'll see.

I was thinking about the physical fire moves that groudon can use but could percipice blades be a dual type move (fire/ground). I listened to the effectiveness sound in the trailer and the move it's just normal effective. If it was a ground move it would be supper effective. So i think groudon get's a dual type move, which will be interesting to see if it can hit flying types. Or it could just be a rock type move in which case groudon seriously lacks in the physical fire attacks department. flare blitz sounds a little unplausible so besides fire punch there's heat crash which i'm surprised he doesn't have it yet due to it's weight and it's the best fitting move. Sacred fire and V-create are exclusive and don't fit groudon.

Heat crash would be a very appropriate move for primal groudon...

Joth

Back from the Dead
The flavor text mentions that Mega Sharpedo's nose horns can regrow countless times. I doubt that they would make its most prominent trait a gender difference.
Besides, GF is unfortunatly moving away from "small" gender differences. None of the ones that previously had them, like Garchomp, Venusaur etc keep them when Mega evolving.

C'mon now, we don't want to anger the Femenazis :p Don't get me wrong, I am all for equality between men and women, but nothing more and nothing less.

Anyhow, on topic, I'm very glad that Groudon and Kyogre will be shoved even further up the Uber ranks, as I don't play Ubers. I only play OU and under.

I'm rather disappointed in Megallade's ability. I was holding out for Friend Guard, as it would make him an excellent partner in Double Battles. But otherwise, I love his Paladin-esque appearance. Megarupt is hilarious, and Megapedo is a Digimon. But take away the spikes, and he looks like a regular Sharpedo. I do think that the M and A on Camerupt and Sharpedo is brilliant, though. I think that the only way Megapedo will make OU is if he gets some SERIOUS defense boosts and a reasonable Attack boost. It just isn't quite enough as it is. He would be great if he got even small defense boosts, as Mega Absol can see success despite it's famous frailty with it's great ability and it's devestating and swift attacks. [/BIAS] Megarupt will be great with Trick Room and Sheer Force. If they do Megallade right, I think he could be just as good as his sister, but his sister might surpass him a bit with Pixilate and Fairy typing.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well gallade only need to get 165 atk as mirror abd he beats his bro gardevoir since CC is 120 and pixiliate is 117 without stabs. Of cours pixiliate hypervoice ignores substitute thats a realky good bonus if you ask me.

Joth

Back from the Dead
I saw Mega Camerupt and before my brain fully processed it I thoguth I had my mega torkoal. I just about fell into a depression.

imgres

I know the feel, bro.

I expected Megarupt, but I still think that Torkoal needed it more. Sharpedo just needed to be revamped, and by the looks of it, it got exactly what it needed (Not design wise, though.) I'm still holding out for it because of the gym leader CoroCoro leak, though!

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Something I think would be neat is if they brought back gym leader rematches, each gym leader would get a mega of their own. Mega Probopass anyone? Slaking? MEGA WAILORD?

But most importantly mega torkoal, of course.

XXD17

Draco rex
C'mon now, we don't want to anger the Femenazis :p Don't get me wrong, I am all for equality between men and women, but nothing more and nothing less.

Anyhow, on topic, I'm very glad that Groudon and Kyogre will be shoved even further up the Uber ranks, as I don't play Ubers. I only play OU and under.

I'm rather disappointed in Megallade's ability. I was holding out for Friend Guard, as it would make him an excellent partner in Double Battles. But otherwise, I love his Paladin-esque appearance. Megarupt is hilarious, and Megapedo is a Digimon. But take away the spikes, and he looks like a regular Sharpedo. I do think that the M and A on Camerupt and Sharpedo is brilliant, though. I think that the only way Megapedo will make OU is if he gets some SERIOUS defense boosts and a reasonable Attack boost. It just isn't quite enough as it is. He would be great if he got even small defense boosts, as Mega Absol can see success despite it's famous frailty with it's great ability and it's devestating and swift attacks. [/BIAS] Megarupt will be great with Trick Room and Sheer Force. If they do Megallade right, I think he could be just as good as his sister, but his sister might surpass him a bit with Pixilate and Fairy typing.

Just curious...where is the A on mega sharpedo? I know the M is on camerupt's forehead but I can't seem to find the A on sharpedo...

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Sacred Fire would be another good option for it.
Oh god please no...we have enough with regeneratir turkey spamming that...No more Sacred fire users in ubers please...

Changing a The Simpsons Quote.

"Please think of the balance!!"

"Can anyone please think of the Balance?!"

Im ok with heatcrash its power variates and can hit hard or be a letdown but sacred fire is just plain overkill.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Plus Sacred Fire doesn't seem like a move Groudon would use in flavor.

Heat Crash though, would work, and with Groudon being the heaviest Pokemon, it's arguably always going to be at Max Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.