• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucille

I think Raichu should get a Mega Evolution eventually... It would be great to use that line competitively. I hope it would look something like this:

Mega Raichu
Type: Electric
Ability: Fur Coat
HP:60(0)
ATK:120(+30)
DEF: 70(+15)
SATK:120(+30)
SDEF: 90 (+10)
SPD: 125 (+15)

Not sure about a type change since Electric has only one weakness

.Aerodactyl.

I think Raichu should get a Mega Evolution eventually... It would be great to use that line competitively. I hope it would look something like this:

Mega Raichu
Type: Electric
Ability: Fur Coat
HP:60(0)
ATK:120(+30)
DEF: 70(+15)
SATK:120(+30)
SDEF: 90 (+10)
SPD: 125 (+15)

Not sure about a type change since Electric has only one weakness

Ooo... Like the fur coat ability. I think more Mon should get it as hidden abilities :) I could see them adding fighting to mega raichu, just because, but I could also see it staying electric. Adding a secondary type might prevent fur coat from becoming to OP. But then again, furfrou has one weakness and he's not unstoppable, so who knows.

I'm actually really surprised mega raichu isn't a thing yet. I suspect the would try to give him a more pikachu-like mega design. Even though raichu isn't the signature mascot Pokemon, he is the evolved signature Pokemon and they do like their pikachu clones. We get at least one pika clone every generation.

I wonder if we're gonna see any surprise mega evolutions in the new Pokemon mega evolution special act 2 episode coming out in November? I kind of wouldn't mind seeing pikachu evolve into raichu in the anime and then watching ash and him mega evolve throughout their adventures. Not that I actually watch the anime or anything, I just always wanted pikachu to evolve one day.

PearlDex

Conceptually speaking, Relicanth isn't very compatible with Primal Reversion. The idea there is that Groudon and Kyogre are regaining power that they once had, but lost over time, whereas Relicanth is based on a fish that was thought to have not evolved for about 400 million years, and thus represents the absence of change over time.

OOOOO good point. I did not actually believe Primal Reversion would be used with any other Pokemon (although Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina would also make good candidates) but I just thought Relicanth would fit the bill if they did. You're right, though, it is supposed to be exactly the same as it was.

Axelsaurus

I was thinking about a cool design option for Mega Relicanth: turning it into a Dunkleosteus! While coelacanths and placoderms aren't related, in the pokémon's world it could still works, and Relicanth already has some inspiring details about that (the head armor in particular). In this sense, Relicanth's Mega would be a massive top predator armored fish, it could retains its typing or turning it into water/steel, rock head would fit perfectly with its original typing, a water/steel would need something different (Sheer Force? Solid Rock?). For the easier water/rock version with rock head, stats like 100/150/130/45/95/65 maybe sound not too menacing, but a waterfall/head smash/EQ/rock polish set could be fearsome, and I don't see any other option (boosting too much its speed would be nonsense conceptually).

fairyofblood

what would be awesome if mega evolution increase power like the move return cause the bond with trainer is said make it happen in the first place.

R_N

what would be awesome if mega evolution increase power like the move return cause the bond with trainer is said make it happen in the first place.

Honestly not a terrible idea if only for flavor. Even if it just maxed out Return's power, if they feel giving ever mega a 102++++ normal attack is too much.

I get why they emphasize the bonds thing (To excuse why only a handful of trainers get it) and also why they don't make this an actual mechanic (because it would be obnoxious for every mega you want to use) but the total lack of overlap between the two is weird

Lucille

Mega Hydreigon
Type: Dark/Dragon
Ability: Multiscale
HP: 92(0)
ATK: 125 (+20)
DEF: 100 (+10)
SATK: 145 (+20)
SDEF: 110 (+20)
SPD: 128 (+30)

If Hydriegon were to get a Mega I think this would help combat his Fairy weakness

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ Lucille

If Hydreigon were to loose it's Levitate, I'd like to see it get Dark Aura. It's one of those Pokémon who should be as Pseudo Legendary as possible. I know the ability is signature to Yveltal, but Hydreigon and it's line are all that is dark, and just as close to oblivion as Yveltal. Multiscale would have clear competitive use, but flavor wise, Dark Aura needs to go around.

Rio!

Composer
Mega Hydreigon
Type: Dark/Dragon
Ability: Multiscale
HP: 92(0)
ATK: 125 (+20)
DEF: 100 (+10)
SATK: 145 (+20)
SDEF: 110 (+20)
SPD: 128 (+30)

If Hydriegon were to get a Mega I think this would help combat his Fairy weakness

Love the idea of Hydreigon getting a Mega, but if anything, I'd rather him go on the more offensive side (Speed, Attack, Sp. Attack) thus being able to get a-head of a lot more of the fairies (). I think it would help too if he had some sort of boosting move as well, tbh. The lack of even Agility is a little disheartening. XD

If Hydreigon were to loose it's Levitate, I'd like to see it get Dark Aura.

That or something like Sheer Force. Maybe. I wonder if hoping for something that halves Fairy-types Attacks asking for too much (whoops there goes my full on offensive preference).
All that keeps coming to mind are Dazzling Gleam-carrying Psychics/Ghosts that can no longer be reasonably checked by Hydreigon. ;_;

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Hydreigon does get Work Up, Focus Energy, and Tailwind. Those may not be much compared to Swords Dance on other Dragons, but people forget that critical hit Draco Meteors deal the same damage consecutively, essentially the same damage as a single Work Up with no special attack decrease, unless your opponent is MegaBro. So does Superpower. AND Tailwind fits nicely with Hydreigon's propensity to U-Turn out to a hard counter, something that Salamence, Garchomp, Goodra, nor Dragonite can claim.

Unfortunately, Dark Aura does not currently decrease damage from Fairy-type moves against the user. So if you wanted Hydregion to be more defensive, GF would have to go with Multiscale, Intimidate, etc. But outside of Roost and Levitate, this thing is meant to destroy sh!t, furiously! So let's hope for a Mega that continues that trend.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I'm glad Absol didn't get Fairy upon mega evolving, actually. I prefer it's pure Dark even if its Mega design does perhaps leave room for the Fairy type(A design that I honestly wasn't too pleased with as up to that point Absol had been one of my favorite pokemon and its new look didn't feel like Absol for me. It's since grown on me but its not back to where it was.)

I don't know what it is about people and Mega Absol. Of all the Megas thus far, it is probably the most relevant and fitting incarnation. You should see the crap on dA about an possible Absol pre-evolution and evolution! Mega Absol is simultaneously down-to-earth and yet still badass enough to not be another "what were they thinking?" mon. It already had the Emo Bob haircut before, the wings are not that pronounced, and it maintained it's same color scheme and overall body features.

People are just hyper sensitive because it reminds them of mallrat weeaboos. Give it up! Want to critical hit 100% of the time, fly with regular Absol. Want to bounce back Thunder-Waves and Will-o-Wisps on a whim; dance with prim and fab MegAbsol. The mighty death angel doge awaits your Pokémaster orders.

I don't like Mega Absol either to be honest, I think they should have gone in a different direction with it. The "wings" that aren't actual wings seems very random. Its emo hair wasn't that prominent in the original, at least I never though of it like that. I also don't like how they made the slick scythe into ..something. One thing I do like about the mega is that it kept the typing, because Absol is a really good example of a classic pure Dark pokemon. Absol is also one of the pokémon that think should have gotten an actual evolution instead too, oh well.

I'm actually somewhere in between love and hate for it. I love the wings and the new ability but i don't like the haircut much and i really hate that they regressed the awesome scythe to something that's not a scythe. Absol is still one of my favorite pokes of all time but the mega...not really that much, it's just ok to me.

That or something like Sheer Force. Maybe. I wonder if hoping for something that halves Fairy-types Attacks asking for too much (whoops there goes my full on offensive preference).
All that keeps coming to mind are Dazzling Gleam-carrying Psychics/Ghosts that can no longer be reasonably checked by Hydreigon. ;_;

Sheer force is a cool option as hydreigon has a huge movepool with a variety of really strong moves of various typesto ke advantage of sheer force. Fairires will always be the bane of hydreigon, no matter how stronget it gets. 4X weakness is really hurting it, just like poor scrafty.

I love megas because besides gaining new abilities and best stats it made me like pokemon that i didn't liked b4. I really don't like regular manectric. the stupid mane and the lack of ears just put me off of it. But mega manetric is a 180º turn, when i first saw him it immediatly become one of my favorite pokemon. It jumped automatically for my top 20, without any growing on me. This is what i want to happen more often, turn a pokemon i don't like much into one i love.

As for fusions i loved the idea back when i saw the gastly episode but now,with 721 pokemon i'm not so sure. I rather have them kept separate (with some exceptions, that already exist, of course) and have old or weaker pokemon to have a new form by mega evolution. What do you guys think of GF giving megas to regional birds/bugs/roedents or any pokemon that has a tradition of appearing in almost or every gen? I'm not sure about this since there's so many of the same pokemon. that would either benefit a particular one and the others are left with nothing or they had to make a bunch of megas for the same kind of pokes which could turn the designs boring.

Last edited:

Pilpulp

美的
OOOOO good point. I did not actually believe Primal Reversion would be used with any other Pokemon (although Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina would also make good candidates)

No and 'meh'. I could kind understand if they made Giratina's Origin Form it's Primal Form (if such change ever happened) because the Grieseous Orb could just act like the Red/Blue (and possibly Jade) orbs. I suppose they could do the same for Dialga and Palkia with the Adamant and Lustrous orb, but none of this matters because it probably won't happen. Not all pokemon need a primal evolution, and this game is focusing on Groudon/Kyogre not the creation trio. I do want them to appear in the game though.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
What if mega flygon... still hoping it happens... haha became dragon fairy.

Zoldakin

What if mega flygon... still hoping it happens... haha became dragon fairy.

I love flygon. He's my second favorite pokemon of all time. But I think people are getting too trigger happy with the fairy type. Not everything in existence will get fairy typed mega evo lol. Fairy barely fits into flygon except that it is based on a myth of a desert spirit. Ground works much better since it is based on the antlion. I can see why people would think bug but its fine as ground. I think it just needs better stats to do something garchomp can't and an ability for a niche that it can use. I always liked the idea of tinted lens for it and it woulda been cool, but oh well. Something worthwhile for an ability pls. Levitate is nice but doesn't help a whole too lot for something like flygon. 100/80/100 are great offensive stats. The only reason it was never great is because garchomp did everything it could do better. Ialways thought it would be a nice specially focused mon to set it apart from garchomp. They would just need to work on its special movepool althought it already gets a fairly decent amount of moves to work on. All the common fire moves, draco meteor dragon pulse, earth power, giga drain, and some other weaker options like air cutter, signal beam, and ominous wind. If they gave it sheer force earth power would be great. Actually, sheer force would be great with a lot of these moves.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After seeing that Clemont's going to get Luxio in the anime, I'm really starting to think that they'll now either release Mega Luxray in OR/AS or the third Kalos game

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Clemont is getting Luxio? Hmm...Luxray could definitely benefit from a Mega Evolution... Maybe it could get an ability to power up it's Fangs?

Strong Jaws. I agree with Mega Luxray. That Pokemon can see in the dark very well and gets all elemental fangs as well. Strong Jaws would be perfect.
9999th post!

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I hope that Luxio getting captured does hint at a Mega for Luxray as it's one of my favorite Electric types and I'd love to see that line get a much needed boost. Also, I second it getting Strong Jaws as with it, Thunder Fang would become its best STAB that doesn't involve it hurting itself along with getting great coverage via Crunch, Ice and Fire Fang.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I always saw Luxray Mega getting an ability related to it's eyes since that's mention in all it's pokedex entries something like Tinted Lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.