• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
Why do all pokemon have to be competitively viable? They'd have to do crazy stuff for stuff such as Unown, Farfetch'd and Delibird. It's just not gonna happen. If you wanna use them, just play NU or an even lower tier.

Yes but then what's wrong with say, having Unown have a really good mega? People who want to use em in lower tiers can and those who want to be able to use em for some success also can. People forget tht megas and the like don't have to be used, and if the pokemon is rubbish as is, it's not like you have to worry about being outclassed in the same tier by its mega.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Instant Tailwind would be amazing! But we can't call it Gale Wings; how about Gale Butt? Gale Tail? IDK.

Lasts 4 turns, activates every time the Pokémon switches into battle, and of course when it Mega Evolves. Same turn use U-Turn when you Mega Evolve, two for one special!!!

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Fair enough. How about some new ability like instant tailwind? The point is Pidgeot deserves something to bump it up to competitive.
He is useful in its tier and i have used my scout to some succes people forget it gets heatwave. Not everythin has to go full Legend tier you know. Look at Maudino, he migth have lost some shine in singles but promises to be decent at Doubles, most of the ither Healer mons have better stuff to do or just cant be accomodated properly on teams. Maudino migth change that without been omfg OP.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
He is useful in its tier and i have used my scout to some succes people forget it gets heatwave. Not everythin has to go full Legend tier you know. Look at Maudino, he migth have lost some shine in singles but promises to be decent at Doubles, most of the ither Healer mons have better stuff to do or just cant be accomodated properly on teams. Maudino migth change that without been omfg OP.

Unfortunately healer is pretty terrible even in doubles. I'd rank it the same as inner focus mega gallade for example. MAudino should still be usable in RU, depends how they split the boosts. Hopefully just straight up defences and spatt.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
i agree that unown should stay as what it is, a gimmick BUT i would like to see them develop the lore around it a little more. I know there's an explaination for the unown in the movies but not in the main games so i would like to see that more explored (HGSS missed the chance to do this). Spinda, now that i think about it should also stay as the pokemon that's never the same. Pinsir, kangaskhan, mawile and medicham all recieved great boosts with megas but there's one pokemon who everyone seem to want a mega or a regular evolution for i but GF doesn't acknowledge it which is dunsparce. It might not be as weak as the ones i previously mentioned but more in the level of charizard, absol or banette. It has a nifty use but it's weak and really screams for something. it's HP is great at 100 and with access to a bunch of moves with secondary effects it could become more defensive with a slight increase to attack and remaining slow. gaining ground as the secondary type would make sense if it retained his underground dwelling nature. It could however gain dragon typing (i know dragons overload) but it can fit if it gains a more dragony look (like the treasure protecting cave dweller dragon). Keep serene grace, put it's stats at
100/100/105/65/100/45.

When you think about it, zygarde is the indirect ultra evolution of dunsparce, just like diancie is for carbink and alomomola is for luvdisk. They look similar but they are way superior.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
i agree that unown should stay as what it is, a gimmick BUT i would like to see them develop the lore around it a little more. I know there's an explaination for the unown in the movies but not in the main games so i would like to see that more explored (HGSS missed the chance to do this).

HGSS did expand on the Unown to an extent. They implied that the Unown are what Arceus draws its power from.

cryuel

To be honest, I'm fine with them being similar though there are still small differences (i.e M-Latios being HUGE in comparison to M-Latias), it would have been nice if they at least had differentiating colors. At the minimum. XD
What makes those pokemon you listed unoriginal and so terrible though? It's no different than say, Empoleon or Torterra that are based of existing animals as well. XD

I'm not saying that Pokemon should be based off animals and not off objects (personally I find Klefki's design interesting for example, especially since it somewhat relates to its competitive use), only that some designs are ridiculous (mentioned designs based off trash bags and stomachs), which of course is a matter of taste. On that note, I might have been persuaded to think that Vanillite is half-ridiculous, half-cute. ;3

I reiterate, they're twins. They Mega-Evolve, and come to look more identical to one another. It's furthering the concept. And their color scheme is purple, which is red (Latias) and blue (Latios) mixed together. It makes perfect sense.

Sure, it's one of the few things that make sense in Pokemon, I'll admit to that. Nonetheless, it's also what can lead to people complaining about there being too many Pokemon. I think it would earn more originality points by more people if it had something distinctively different like different colours, wing shapes, ears, etc. It shouldn't have to be one of those "find the mistake" picture pairs until people realise they have different eye colours. Plus it can lead to the farfetched conclusion that Japan loves being androgynous.. (from being one of the only gendered Legendaries to... looking the same xD)

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
Hey guys!

Lets give Mega/Primal Arceus Protean as its ability!

*hides in corner*

cryuel

To be honest, I'm fine with them being similar though there are still small differences (i.e M-Latios being HUGE in comparison to M-Latias), it would have been nice if they at least had differentiating colors. At the minimum. XD
What makes those pokemon you listed unoriginal and so terrible though? It's no different than say, Empoleon or Torterra that are based of existing animals as well. XD

Hey guys!

*hides in corner*

Actually, that is quite necessary and surely will happen either in OrAs or the Gen4 remakes (if they happen). Whlie I prefer Mewtwo over Arceus as a Pokemon, Arceus is the god Pokemon and should have more total base stats, haha. It would definitely be a new version of Protean though (a Protean ability that influences Judgment).

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Primal groudon looks to be the better of the 2 now. Also, did anyone else realize that primal groudon's signature move is probably a dual type move?? When hitting their respective opponent (blaziken for groudon and swampert for kyogre) they made the same noise during damage, but it was different from the super effective and not very effective sounds, so was neutral. This would mean that kyogre's sig move is water (1X effective on swampert) and groudon's is most likely a dual type ground and fire move (Would make sense, due to extremely strong sunlight boosting fire type moves) since then that would be neutral on blaziken (SE with ground, non SE with fire)

Akashin

Primal groudon looks to be the better of the 2 now. Also, did anyone else realize that primal groudon's signature move is probably a dual type move?? When hitting their respective opponent (blaziken for groudon and swampert for kyogre) they made the same noise during damage, but it was different from the super effective and not very effective sounds, so was neutral. This would mean that kyogre's sig move is water (1X effective on swampert) and groudon's is most likely a dual type ground and fire move (Would make sense, due to extremely strong sunlight boosting fire type moves) since then that would be neutral on blaziken (SE with ground, non SE with fire)

They didn't make the same sounds; Precipice Blades hit Blaziken for SE damage, and Origin Pulse hit Swampert (it was Swampert wasn't it?) for neutral damage.

For extra measure, the official site confirms that it's a Ground-type move.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Hey guys!

*hides in corner*

Better yet, is there a feasible way that they could buff Protean? If so, then give it that.

Magnamew

Mega/Primal Arceus
Type: Normal
Ability: Obliterate-Changes all normal type moves into the most super-effective type.

With super-effective coverage there is no need for the 30% boost (especially since Arceus gets ExtremeSpeed). Since it would choose the most super-effective type they are 5 situations that the opponent would be immune. A pure electric type with levitate/air balloon; a fire/steel type with levitate/air balloon; fire/ground under Desolate Land; a fire/rock with levitate/air balloon under Desolate Land; a bug/steel and grass/steel under Primordial Sea.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I'm rewatching the third movie, and I've just though, damn, I'd love a Mega Entei similar in design to that of the one in the book, much more fur and majestic, bit bulkier too I know that's just the normal Entei styled a bit differently, but the elements such as that tail or whatever it is. Staying pure-Fire though, although the image makes me feel like it could make a great Fire/Flying type.
800px-Entei_Book.png

I'm rewatching the third movie, and I've just though, damn, I'd love a Mega Entei similar in design to that of the one in the book, much more fur and majestic, bit bulkier too I know that's just the normal Entei styled a bit differently, but the elements such as that tail or whatever it is. Staying pure-Fire though, although the image makes me feel like it could make a great Fire/Flying type.
800px-Entei_Book.png

I'd go along with that if it also means a mega Suicune. I love me a Suicune.

SilentZ

Entei-Therian anyone?

SilentZ

That would be awesome, maybe with magic guard, so he doesnt get shreeded by stealth rock ?

I haven't given much thought into it, since there's no obvious reason for it to exist in the first place, BUT magic guard would surely come in handy and would also (in some way) underline s2daam's idea of a bulkier version. (Or Fur Coat, for the lolz)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'd go along with that if it also means a mega Suicune. I love me a Suicune.

I'll co-sign for Raikou, my favorite of the three. Although I really would like to see all three of them get a push.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Yeah, having the trio with Megas would be great. I love Suicune too, so it'd be great to have them with them. Then Mega Ho-Oh too. Oh, the possibilities are endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.