• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
The only think I'm going to say about MegaQuaza is that I love his delta tusks

It isn't unusual for GF to insert legendaries from other regions into remakes and people have been talking about Mega Evolutions for the Regis... Do you think they would put Regigigas in the game somehow? It's not as if I want a Mega Evolution for any of the Regis or Gigas and it wouldn't make that much sense for Regigigas to be in Hoenn instead of Sinnoh but in HG/SS we did have Kyogre/Groudon who made no sense lore-wise being where they were either. I think it's possible of only as a post game I lockable quest after catching all three Regis.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What's the basis for Mega Rayquaza's design? It looks cool, but I kinda want to know about the mythology behind it!

It is a mixture of the myths behind the Draco constellation and the Delta constellation.

Mega Rayquaza's fancy lines are taken from the sashes or feathers of various wind deities, but they more closely resemble a wind chime or the tail of a comet.

Luthor

Now we know Rayquaza get's a mega i think it could be a pokemon that get's two forms this time. I could easily see GF hold back it's primal form to be hidden in game. I don't have a problem if it doesn't get a primal form i just get a feeling theres more coming...

Axelsaurus

Now we know Rayquaza get's a mega i think it could be a pokemon that get's two forms this time. I could easily see GF hold back it's primal form to be hidden in game. I don't have a problem if it doesn't get a primal form i just get a feeling theres more coming...

I really don't think so, I quote my previous post:

"Second megas really don't fit Groudon or Kyogre. Their primal already done what could be possible with their concepts, they're much more specific and limited than Mewtwo as legendaries. A sort of double choice would've been much more fitting for Rayquaza, making a mega-quaza omega to obliterate Groudon (maybe boosting special attack and physical defense) and a mega-quaza alpha for Kyogre (boosting physical attack and special defense), but this official mega with a linear boost in every stats bar speed with a perfect ability just doesn't allow any more mega/primal-quazas. Other than that, the story itself doesn't need any added megas to this trio."

Navarch

Anyone else not liking Mega Rayquaza's jaw? I think it looks rather silly. Other than that, I like his design, and I think the highlight of it is the awesome looking orange streams coming from his body.

Axelsaurus

Anyone else not liking Mega Rayquaza's jaw? I think it looks rather silly. Other than that, I like his design, and I think the highlight of it is the awesome looking orange streams coming from his body.

If you're referring to the protuberances under its head, they're "tusks", not the mandible. If you look at it from behind, you'll see it better.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

It isn't unusual for GF to insert legendaries from other regions into remakes and people have been talking about Mega Evolutions for the Regis... Do you think they would put Regigigas in the game somehow? It's not as if I want a Mega Evolution for any of the Regis or Gigas and it wouldn't make that much sense for Regigigas to be in Hoenn instead of Sinnoh but in HG/SS we did have Kyogre/Groudon who made no sense lore-wise being where they were either. I think it's possible of only as a post game I lockable quest after catching all three Regis.

I would love to see that, catch the regi trio and then you can access a location where reegigigas is. After you catch it, like mewtwo, you would get the item that makes it primal revert. I said it b4, primal reversion makes sense since it's been sleeping for a long time and even it's ability means that he's been inactive.

Skobby

Fairy Slayer
Love mega Rayquaza, predicted it a while ago, hope the shiny one is black as well.

TheMaster327

I would love to see that, catch the regi trio and then you can access a location where reegigigas is. After you catch it, like mewtwo, you would get the item that makes it primal revert. I said it b4, primal reversion makes sense since it's been sleeping for a long time and even it's ability means that he's been inactive.

I'd say Regigigas would be found in the Sealed Chamber (where you do the whole Wailord/Relicanth business), but won't react until you've gathered the other 3 Regi and bring them back to Sealed Chamber. Also Sealed Chamber would be an appropriate place to put the Regi Mega stones (if they were to exist)...

Yurimin

Snowflake Trainer

Not sure about the Regi Megas (which would be cool - but seriously, I think there are enough Megas at the moment... well for ORAS anyway) - but I think it is almost certain that Regigigas will be in the game. It would be interesting if the Regi plot was more intense (not sure if this is the correct word), but it would probably be something along the lines of catch the Regis, bring them back to the Sealed Chamber, a secret cavern opens up - voila Regigigas

PearlDex

I like the idea of a Regigigas mega, but not the other Regis. I agree with the people saying there are already a ton of megas, and many of those are legendary (not a majority, by any means, but still a lot). I would like if they saved some mega legends for the future - but I also like the idea of only the regi "leader" having a mega.

.Aerodactyl.

I actually want more megas! More options for megas are only gonna improve battling in my opinion, and we still lack ice and ground types. Though, I do agree that I don't want them all revealed before release. I want some surprises left for the game! Maybe two or three more revealed. I'm hoping the amount they introduce will be similar to the amount they have in X/Y

Last edited:

DanteKoriyu

I'm going to assume that we're getting around ~30, just like in X & Y. We're currently at 14 revealed, at least 1 more expected in the demo, the 2 "hidden" Latis and Primal Groudon and Kyogre if you want to count them (they are practically the same thing with a new coat of paint per say). That brings us to 19. So still a little ways to go till we hit X & Y's officially revealed 28.

With maybe 9 slots left to fill, I'd really like to see Milotic, Flygon, Wailord and Tropius get Megas. Then save at least Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Lugia and Ho-Oh for post game surprises, due to the Emerald ties with the Johto Starters and the Johto Mascots on Navel Rock. Since we won't be getting a Johto remake any time soon, this is the best time to bring those Pokemon up to the same "level" as the Kanto Starters, Mewtwo, the Hoenn Starters, and the Weather Titans.

.Aerodactyl.

I'm going to assume that we're getting around ~30, just like in X & Y. We're currently at 14 revealed, at least 1 more expected in the demo, the 2 "hidden" Latis and Primal Groudon and Kyogre if you want to count them (they are practically the same thing with a new coat of paint per say). That brings us to 19. So still a little ways to go till we hit X & Y's officially revealed 28.

With maybe 9 slots left to fill, I'd really like to see Milotic, Flygon, Wailord and Tropius get Megas. Then save at least Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Lugia and Ho-Oh for post game surprises, due to the Emerald ties with the Johto Starters and the Johto Mascots on Navel Rock. Since we won't be getting a Johto remake any time soon, this is the best time to bring those Pokemon up to the same "level" as the Kanto Starters, Mewtwo, the Hoenn Starters, and the Weather Titans.

Didn't realize there was that many! Yeah, I'm okay with no more mega reveals until release then. I want surprises for the rest. I'd be okay with all of your choices for megas except maybe the legendaries, just cause that would bring us to nine and probably cap us off for megas. I want at least one more ice mega, if not two, and a poison and ground mega. They are so underrepresented. But, if they did over thirty then sure, lugia and Ho-oh too! I don't think we'd get them any other way cause they probably won't do another gen 2 remake. Come on mega johto starters! I'm counting on you!

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Reading through the last few pages, there was something about Rayquaza's Mega-Evolving being translated as roughly, "It reacted to the prayer!". Is it possible Rayquaza will take more than one turn to Mega-Evolve? The first turn could be to send the prayer, and the second turn would be to activate the mega evolving.

In the trailers it only showed it mega evolving, so I'm sure if it was two-turn they'd have shown that as well - but it would be interesting and fit the idea of it taking more than just a mega stone.

.Aerodactyl.

Reading through the last few pages, there was something about Rayquaza's Mega-Evolving being translated as roughly, "It reacted to the prayer!". Is it possible Rayquaza will take more than one turn to Mega-Evolve? The first turn could be to send the prayer, and the second turn would be to activate the mega evolving.

In the trailers it only showed it mega evolving, so I'm sure if it was two-turn they'd have shown that as well - but it would be interesting and fit the idea of it taking more than just a mega stone.
I actually think he's only gonna evolve without a stone once maybe twice, then when we enslave him he will have to abide by the same rules as every other Pokemon that mega evolves.

Cause I mean like, reacting to Kyogre and Groudon is one thing, that would be a serious prayer for world safety, but I don't think he's gonna mega evolve for me just cause I want to beat some poor ten year old in battle and take all of his money.

If it is though, I will laugh. "Rayquaza, whom I've now captured and renamed 'lolyouredead', hear my prayer and transform to protect me from the terror of this child's Linoone, whose Slash attack leaves me defenseless and vulnerable, unable to defend myself with any of the remaining Pokemon in my party'

Last edited:

Hasty

Moonside
Saw this on r/pokemon; quite interesting.

Basically, the Strange Souvenir and Mega Rayquaza may have a connection.

But the Hiker that gives you the Strange Souvenir says that the region he comes from is not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova nor Kalos. Doesn't he?

EDIT: Actually it's a Backpacker. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.