• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Just realized that Mega evolving Beedrill might be hard to pull off.. Since its frail and that base stat 70 speed isn't really fast enough. The only thing I can think of is running Protect for the very first turn.. U-turn is gonna hit hard though.

tictactucrac

Just realized that Mega evolving Beedrill might be hard to pull off.. Since its frail and that base stat 70 speed isn't really fast enough. The only thing I can think of is running Protect for the very first turn.. U-turn is gonna hit hard though.

Protect
U turn
Poison jab
Drill run/Sabotage

Sounds good enough to me with 150 atk and 145 spe. No Megahorn though, that's a shame, that 'mon is litteraly made of horns/spikes/stings.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Should have understood that Milotic wouldn't receive a Mega, after "Sootopolitan Wallace's" Milotic didn't have that mega-stone.

Seriously, that was the perfect chance to bring Milotic and Flygon. I wonder why they've decided to skip them.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Should have understood that Milotic wouldn't receive a Mega, after "Sootopolitan Wallace's" Milotic didn't have that mega-stone.

Seriously, that was the perfect chance to bring Milotic and Flygon. I wonder why they've decided to skip them.

I do agree - Milotic Mega in ORAS would of been ideal. But at the same time, I suppose they need to hold back some Hoenn Megas for the future?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I do agree - Milotic Mega in ORAS would of been ideal. But at the same time, I suppose they need to hold back some Hoenn Megas for the future?

I agree but, we've been given lots of hints that these ones will get the Mega. First, Aarune and Lisia's Flygon and Altaria were revealed. We've learnt that Altaria's getting a mega evolution afterwards. (I don't mean Lisia will trigger the M-Evolution though) Then, Steven came up with Mega-Metagross and most of the people thought why there shouldn't be a Mega-Milotic since Wallace could very well be the post-game champion or etceteras.

I think this pretty much confirmed that we're indeed getting R/S remakes, instead of Emerald. Excluding the fact there will be a little additions to the game from Emerald. I'm still keeping my hopes until the next issue before the games are released because otherwise, I believe the hype will turn into a disappointment.

jse

Pokémon Imaginer
I have a feeling Volcanion will have a Mega, do you believe it as if Volcanion has a Mega, it will make up a Legendary Mega-trios for Kalos Pokemon.

tictactucrac

Thanks Game Freak for giving Earthpower and Hyper voice to Aurorus.

Thanks Game freak for giving Power gem to Aur.... Oh wait you didn't. Keep trolling.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
By the way, I'm sure I saw it earlier, what is the height/weight for Mega Glalie & Mega Steelix?

Luthor

Any idea what the bits floating around megasteelix are supposed to be? i'm really glad there is one i just don't get it yet.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Hyperdimention form hoopa looks really cool. 80+ BST means form change and that means magician can be usefull, with some usable items, mainly tanga berry (although knocking it off is way safer). But i guess, due to it's not great speed, you can prevent getting 1HKO'ed by megahorn/X-scizor/U-turn and then you steal the item. Now the only thing that's missing is mega volcanion in Z. I'm not a big fan of legendary megas but new forms for them it's fine. But i can understand why mewtwo and diancie got megas instead of a new form. Can you imagine those monsters with 20 less BST but with access to an held item? that would simply break the game.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
What is all this talk about Hoopa? We haven't even seen it yet, and it gets a Mega?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
What is all this talk about Hoopa? We haven't even seen it yet, and it gets a Mega?

To be fair, the same thing is kind of happening with Diancie. And we don't know if it's a Mega. For one, it doesn't get the same stat increase as Mega's do, so it could just be a new forme.

Erchamion

Wow M-beedrill is everything i hoped for, still frail but with those offensive stats It will surely have a niche

M-Gallade is exactly as I predicted earlier "awesome sweeper stats to compensate mediocre ability", with such an large movepool and those stats it is going to be great ^^

M-Salamence and M-Metagross seems ridiculously overpowered as expected

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Overpowered Salamence-M and Metagross-M are just what I was hoping for. Looking foreward to use these Pokemon!

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
About Hoopa, it is in the demo iirc. There have also been leaks about Mega Hoopa, with an enormous Base 160 Attack and Base 170 Special Attack stat.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Bird Jesus! That's a lot of firepower! It is probably gonna be nerfed by something though

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Status
Not open for further replies.