• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
mega beedrill, man. I can't wait to train that thing. Its stats look insane, combined with it's ability, it's gonna be incredible. I AM SO PUMPED. Hopefully there'll be some new move tutor moves for mega pidgeot, so it has more than just heat wave and hurricane.

LinksOcarina

The true master
Or, knowing the demo would be data-mined like regular games before it, they intentionally created a beta-version that left out a select few things from the regular games, and gave us that as the demo.

The problem is why keep Hoopa in there, and the form or mega or whatever it is?

I agree they may have possibly left some mega's out intentionally, but keeping Hoopa in there is a major spoiler really.

The flipside to this is the demo will be updated constantly with more Mega's added as the weeks go on, tying into the idea of playing the demo weekly or whatever they said. That might be more likely. We shall see in the end though.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
mega beedrill, man. I can't wait to train that thing. Its stats look insane, combined with it's ability, it's gonna be incredible. I AM SO PUMPED. Hopefully there'll be some new move tutor moves for mega pidgeot, so it has more than just heat wave and hurricane.
We already know all the move tutors, and there is nothing new for Pidgeot unfortunately. :(

Abysmal Flames

The flipside to this is the demo will be updated constantly with more Mega's added as the weeks go on, tying into the idea of playing the demo weekly or whatever they said. That might be more likely. We shall see in the end though.

Precisely what I was thinking as well. With mega evolution making its debut in XY, and with ORAS containing more revelation about the secrets of mega evolution, I suspect either the exact same number of Megas introduced in XY or more. Anything less would be sad... I'm not convinced that the ORAS demo has "everything" in it. GF could have stripped some megas as well.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

I agree they may have possibly left some mega's out intentionally, but keeping Hoopa in there is a major spoiler really.

At times is better to just leave leftovers data inside, in order to not take the risk of creating unnecessary bugs or glitches which would then need to be fixed. That's why a lot of games have a lot of data which can't be obtained through regular methods.

It's most likely that they programmed Hoopa some time ago and didn't bother to remove it in order to not further delay the demo and/or the games, since it's likely that they use the same base. I mean, what would be the point to create a demo from scratch if they can simply tweak the most developed product?

So, with that said, I think that we could have more Megas than what the demo may tell us.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why are you guys debating new megas at this point? I see you guys hoping for megas when we know there are no more megas or am I missing anything?

ebevan91

Why are you guys debating new megas at this point? I see you guys hoping for megas when we know there are no more megas or am I missing anything?

I think some people are in the denial stage right now. They refuse to believe that the demo contains ALL of the data for the full game. Like GF took a good chunk out of it or something.

It's not a mega, it's "Soopa Hoopa." xD It's been confirmed to change formes with a key item, so it can still hold regular items, or no item at all, as it needs an empty item slot to use Magician. Yeah, it is a major spoiler for data miners to discover it before base-forme Hoopa's been officially revealed, but claiming that it either does or doesn't mean the end of ORAS mega evolutions is kind of a stretch either way.

The "playing every day" part has been confirmed to simply be daily quests that unlock things like packs of Pokéballs, Heart Scales, etc., that can be transferred to ORAS in addition to your caught Steelix/Glalie and their respective mega stone. Besides, since when does a game's demo get weekly DLC? Full-version games, I can understand, but not demos; there's just no precedence for it to draw such conjectures from.

My opinion on the whole thing is, hackers don't know when to quit, and it's tragic that this demo's been fully data mined already, with so much content being spoiled that it's blowing up the entire internet. I hate hackers... so, so much... but at least all the wondering about certain things has been put to rest. People still demanding for their favorites to get Megas, or still holding out hope for the return of the BF or Mirage Island, are really just grasping at straws at this point. No amount of Outraging and rampaging on a fansite will convince GF to bow to your will; they don't even read what we post on here unless it violates their copyrights.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It's most likely that they programmed Hoopa some time ago and didn't bother to remove it in order to not further delay the demo and/or the games, since it's likely that they use the same base. I mean, what would be the point to create a demo from scratch if they can simply tweak the most developed product?

So, with that said, I think that we could have more Megas than what the demo may tell us.

wouldn't the most developed product have every Mega Evolution present in the final game?

the data in the demo is probably pretty damn close to what's in the final game, considering ORAS is probably within a week of going gold; why do people here insist that Game Freak would include a full script, move tutor lists, encounter tables, Trainer teams, and complete updated data for every other Pokemon we know of in the game plus one we didn't, yet they would intentionally leave out a whole list of new Mega Evolutions that would have to have already gone through full testing and be 100% complete at this stage, all so they could pull the wool over the eyes of a few thousand people on the Internet by disappointing their initial expectations based on what they saw in the hacked data from a demo, then completely validate their hopes and dreams by putting that last .01% of the data into the full game

that's not just delusion, that's narcissism

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The history of the ESRB leak repeats itself.
People for the longest time denied it's legitimacy because their favorite character didn't make it in.
The same thing is happening here.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
wouldn't the most developed product have every Mega Evolution present in the final game?

the data in the demo is probably pretty damn close to what's in the final game, considering ORAS is probably within a week of going gold; why do people here insist that Game Freak would include a full script, move tutor lists, encounter tables, Trainer teams, and complete updated data for every other Pokemon we know of in the game plus one we didn't, yet they would intentionally leave out a whole list of new Mega Evolutions that would have to have already gone through full testing and be 100% complete at this stage, all so they could pull the wool over the eyes of a few thousand people on the Internet by disappointing their initial expectations based on what they saw in the hacked data from a demo, then completely validate their hopes and dreams by putting that last .01% of the data into the full game

that's not just delusion, that's narcissism

Not necessarily, especially if there is something which still needs to be tested and fixed. Otherwise, we may end up again with the Lumiose glitch, and I think that GF will make sure to reduce the risks to a minimum.

And about the data which has been inserted already... well, maybe that's the data which is easier/harder to program or is most stable in terms of coding, or they simply follow a certain order which we don't know about which thing is programmed first and which thing is left for later. Programming is quite hard, and if you mess up a single step, you may end up having to program it again, at times even from the beginning.

So what if they programmed the Tutors, Megas and other stuff first? There could still be something that needs to be fixed or added, but isn't fixed or added in the demo because there is absolutely no need to do so, especially for things that can't be normally seen without hacking. Like the Dark Pulse thing: why bother to correct the TM/Tutor mistake if you can't get it normally in the demo? It's better to just fix it directly on the final games, don't you think?

I'm not denying the possibility that what we got is all what we'll get, but I simply don't take things for granted. Once we'll get the hands on the full games, we'll know for sure if it is all.

Abysmal Flames

Also, given the incompatibilities between ORAS and XY, it's very well possible that the only firewall to protect data from leaving the demo and entering into the real games are the use of Pokemon Link to transfer the Mega-Evolution. Just how Gamefreak locked only certain items to leave the Demo, there may be other things. I'm just speculating though. I'm not going to go crawl into a cave and cry if there are no new megas from this point forward, especially since a lot of these newer megas are great (imo) compared to XY.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
Not necessarily, especially if there is something which still needs to be tested and fixed. Otherwise, we may end up again with the Lumiose glitch, and I think that GF will make sure to reduce the risks to a minimum.

And about the data which has been inserted already... well, maybe that's the data which is easier/harder to program or is most stable in terms of coding, or they simply follow a certain order which we don't know about which thing is programmed first and which thing is left for later. Programming is quite hard, and if you mess up a single step, you may end up having to program it again, at times even from the beginning.

So what if they programmed the Tutors, Megas and other stuff first? There could still be something that needs to be fixed or added, but isn't fixed or added in the demo because there is absolutely no need to do so, especially for things that can't be normally seen without hacking. Like the Dark Pulse thing: why bother to correct the TM/Tutor mistake if you can't get it normally in the demo? It's better to just fix it directly on the final games, don't you think?

I'm not denying the possibility that what we got is all what we'll get, but I simply don't take things for granted. Once we'll get the hands on the full games, we'll know for sure if it is all.

I agree with you, who said that they put all of the game's updated info/new information in? There's still a chance to get a few more megas.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I agree with you, who said that they put all of the game's updated info/new information in? There's still a chance to get a few more megas.

But that's just it, they've already left damn near everything important from the final game in here.
Move tutors
Egg moves
Artwork
Hoopa's form
Mega evolution base stats
Ect.

Mega evolutions is one of the last things you remove from your demo when like 85% of the full game is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.