• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be hilarious if there was some side effect like like biting moves losing 50% power or something orz.
I agree with Lopunny, Rayquaza, and Pideot looking amazing.
I like Salamence, but its wings still kind of bug me a bit; still reminds me of a cousin of the Lati Twins, lol.

The anime seems to show that the wings can change shape. Probably different shape for walking/flapping/take off and gliding.
So while I never had a problem with the wings in the first place this just made it better.

Glalie: I hope its jaw can close. If not, it just looks like some sort of spiky nut split in half.
It can't. The Japanese site mentions that the jaw is detached and unable to close.

Last edited:

Rio!

Composer
The anime seems to show that the wings can change shape. Probably different shape for flapping/take off and gliding.
So while I never had a problem with the wings in the first place this just made it better.

Ooh okay, this is the first time I've seen this. Make a bit more sense now. ;o

shadowF

What is the best moveset for Mega sceptile? (according from the data of the leaks).

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
What is the best moveset for Mega sceptile? (according from the data of the leaks).

The mixed set is looking like it's going to be the best thing to make the most use out of Mega Sceptile's abilities. Leaf Storm/Dragon Pulse/HP Fire/Earthquake hits pretty much everything with decent strength, and with his speed he will be able to smack anything without priority with either STAB or super effective coverage.

I'm seriously considering building new teams for every single mega that's been released, there's so much more competitive potential in this bunch compared to XY megas IMO. I'm calling Mega Glalie Ice/Dragon spam to get popular some time after the metagame has settled (IE mega mence is banned lol), that thing looks like a massive threat to stall and defensive cores in general. If it were slightly faster it would literally be one of the best wall breakers in the game.

Last edited:

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
It would be hilarious if there was some side effect like like biting moves losing 50% power or something orz.
I agree with Lopunny, Rayquaza, and Pideot looking amazing.
I like Salamence, but its wings still kind of bug me a bit; still reminds me of a cousin of the Lati Twins, lol.

I am quite fond of mega salamence's design. The little corners to tuck away it's front legs is a really cool detail. The space ship shape looks great and it's really fun to realise that bagon's dream is finally realised.

After watching the demo gameplay some thing came up. What attack makes mega sceptile shoot it's tail? it's not frenzy plant or leaf blade so what attack could it be? a brand new attack? no because of the dump. leaf storm? doesn't make sense either. beam attacks? again, doesn0't make much sense. there's not a single attack that makes sense with that tail shooting animation. Maybe power up punch? Or iron tail is used as a missile instead of a swipe. It's funny i never thought about this untill i saw the gameplay. What do you think?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Leaf Storm
Earthquake
Dragon Pulse
HP Fire (to hit Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn)

I don't think you'll be seeing pure physical or special sets anymore. :p

phanpycross

God-king
Thank god they actually boosted Sceptile's attack enough for it to be useful, losing out on 75% of it's movepool would have been a massive shame.

NorthernAurora

Frozen in time...
Regarding the M-Glalie's jaw, I'm guessing it's going the use its teeth as an axe rather than biting, kinda like how they theorise Allosaurus attacking it's prey.........long shot as it's not a dino but does go with the vicious look

Hasty

Moonside
Of all the megas revealed, design wise, the ones i don't like much are only camerupt and glalie. camerupt i'll have to see it in motion because it looks like it can't move it's legs at all.

Now that's funny; Mega Camerupt is most likely my favorite of the new Mega's. Although I don't like its artwork, its model is so great, and I think it can very well move its legs just like normal Camerupt (maybe it is not present in the animations though). I really like M-Gallade, M-Beedrill and M-Steelix (I love the gravitation/planet-theme they went with it) as well. M-Slowbro and M-Audino look alright. I wanted a Glalie Mega but I'm dissapointed with its Mega. First I didn't like M-Swampert but now I like it (the battle animations look great). I loved the M-Lopunny artwork, and the idea of Normal/Fighting with Scrappy, but I think its ingame model doesn't do it justice. The ugliest Mega's are M-Salamence (by far) and M-Metagross, imo.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
My favorite new mega is a tie between Mega Salamence, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Swampert. I really like the idea of bulking Swampert up, since it's a water type. I also like that Sceptile gained the Dragon type, since it looks like a dragon. Mega Salamence's sleek design is one of my most favorite. My least favorite mega is probably Mega Slowbro because of his design. (even though I'm still using him).

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Now that's funny; Mega Camerupt is most likely my favorite of the new Mega's. Although I don't like its artwork, its model is so great, and I think it can very well move its legs just like normal Camerupt (maybe it is not present in the animations though). I really like M-Gallade, M-Beedrill and M-Steelix (I love the gravitation/planet-theme they went with it) as well. M-Slowbro and M-Audino look alright. I wanted a Glalie Mega but I'm dissapointed with its Mega. First I didn't like M-Swampert but now I like it (the battle animations look great). I loved the M-Lopunny artwork, and the idea of Normal/Fighting with Scrappy, but I think its ingame model doesn't do it justice. The ugliest Mega's are M-Salamence (by far) and M-Metagross, imo.

I would have to say M-Metagross was meh at first to me, but then it grew on me.
M-Salamence... I don't hate it but I feel it could have been a lot better than Latios + Lunatone attachment.

Btw, Snorunt and Vanilite both will get Water Pulse according to the ORAS dump, so if you are patient, you won't need to trade for them :D

sheerioxo

I still cannot stand Mega Salamence's design. It looks awful to me. The wings are cool, but what the heck happened to its body? It looks like it's wearing a diaper to me.

I absolutely love Mega Gallade's design. It really fits with Mega Gardevoir looking like a princess, and how he looks like a prince. Seriously love it. I just wish that its ability wasn't Inner Focus. Like, ugh.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I still cannot stand Mega Salamence's design. It looks awful to me. The wings are cool, but what the heck happened to its body? It looks like it's wearing a diaper to me.

I absolutely love Mega Gallade's design. It really fits with Mega Gardevoir looking like a princess, and how he looks like a prince. Seriously love it. I just wish that its ability wasn't Inner Focus. Like, ugh.

Now that I've had a bit of time to think about Inner Focus, it's not the best, but it is actually decent. It means that Fake Out leads have to switch out of it (as most are Dark/Normal/Fighting types) and also means Mega Pokemon that rely on that to ME (Mega Medi and Mega Khan) can't use that as an effective method to safely ME. Also, it ruins attempts at Para Hax, forcing a Pokemon to hopefully get lucky with Full Paralyzes instead. So it's actually ok, and I can live with it. Glad it didn't get something even worse, like Rivalry.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Now that I've had a bit of time to think about Inner Focus, it's not the best, but it is actually decent. It means that Fake Out leads have to switch out of it (as most are Dark/Normal/Fighting types) and also means Mega Pokemon that rely on that to ME (Mega Medi and Mega Khan) can't use that as an effective method to safely ME. Also, it ruins attempts at Para Hax, forcing a Pokemon to hopefully get lucky with Full Paralyzes instead. So it's actually ok, and I can live with it. Glad it didn't get something even worse, like Rivalry.

The problem is that it's too predictable. If someone is bringing in a Gallade on Fake Out leads, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what the next move will be. And chances are, the person is either going to predict the M-Evo and go for M-Evo while picking a different move, or switch out to maintain some momentum. It's pretty subpar when you think about it.

ShadowMaster666

Lord of Darkness
My opinions of the revealed Megas:
Sceptile- very nice like the extra blades on its arms
Swampert- Swampert you're supposed to run away from Gamma explosions now look whats happened.
Beedrill- Flying death, so many stingers.
Pidgeot- Pidgeot did you do a fusion dance with Brivary
Slowbro- Goofy but I like it.
Steelix- Looks pretty cool, i really like the gems growing out of it.
Sableye- Fairly fitting for a gem based gremlin thing
Sharpedo- Interesting and unusual but not bad
Camerupt- Has either made a deal with Babidi or Maxie doesn't quite understand subtlety. At first glance I thought it had lost its legs.
Altaria- Cotton candy French Dandy wig and Brazillian dance tail thing. Ampharos now has new rival inf haircare commercials
Glalie- Demonic Pac-man, that is all
Salamance- Very nice like the use of the chest armor to protect front legs from damage in flight.
Metagross- Logical step based on evolutionary family- double its number of legs and give it a spike beard just for the hell of it.
Rayquaza- Badass nothing else needs to be said.
Loppuny- Kickboxing Chun-Li Rabbit... sure why not.
Gallade- He has a cape your point is invalid. Definitely my favorite one.
Audino- Unexpected but nice design making it a doctor look-alike
Diance- Kinda looks like a chandelier but still not bad.

ebevan91

Mega Salamence looks so much better with its landing gear deployed.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I really like Mega Sceptile, it been part dragon makes quite strong against the other two starters although Mega Blaziken can out speed it with Speed Boost and use Brave Bird while one Ice Beam from Mega Swampert could take it out. I also like Mega Salamence, its gonna be quite a powerhouse in my opinion.

I'd like to share my opinions on all the Megas we have in ORAS, if that's OK.

Groudon: I like its mixed-set potential, and its ability is great, too. Having easier access to Fire Blast and Solar Beam is great for it.
Kyogre: Seems a bit unimpressive compared to Groudon. It, too, gets mixed-set potential, but its typing isn't that great and its expected movepool barely changes.
Sceptile: I never saw the point of Lightningrod. I guess it got better in later gens, tho, so it's not entirely bad anymore. Grass/Dragon hates Ice, but it's got some good offense, too.
Swampert: HULK SMASH! GRAWR!!! Totally uber in rain, too.
Diancie: Mythical 'mon getting a Mega... Sad, since I have limited net access to even obtain Diancie, let alone mega evolve it. It's sure pretty, tho.
Audino: Healer gets a lot of flak, but most tournament competitions are doubles, anyway, so it's not that terrible. Normal/Fairy is good defensively, too.
Lopunny: Playboy bunny'mon does kickboxing. Hawt. :3
Metagross: Warp speed, Mr. Sulu! Mega Metagross is absolutely GLORIOUS!!! I want that shiny event one!
Altaria: Very fluffy. Would make a good pillow or blanket on those cold nights in the wilderness. Dragon/Fairy is great defensively.
Salamence: Reminds me of a starfighter, it's pretty rad. I like how the wings are blades, as well as functioning dragon wings.
Camerupt: Reminds me of those old cartoon animals with the stubby legs, just furiously pitter-pattering their way down the street. Altho this one has a giant volcano on its back.
Sharpedo: I admit, this one seems a bit lacking in inspiration. I like its ability, tho.
Gallade: So knightly! Crap ability, tho.
Rayquaza: Freaking GODLY!!! He looks so much like Shenron from DBZ!
Pidgeot: Such an under-appreciated 'mon, I'm glad he's getting some much-needed attention with a powerful Mega. No Guard is a decent ability, too.
Beedrill: So deadly-looking, it'd be really scary to run into one in the wild, let alone a whole hive of them. Adaptability is a sweet ability, and its stats are epic! Another moldy-oldie made into a real goodie.
Steelix: I feel like it's too over-the-top compared to regular Steelix. I'd have preferred a mechanical design as opposed to this alien-looking one. It's not that great statistically, either, and its ability isn't the best.
Glalie: Its face is locked in a permanent "HELL YEAH!!!" I wonder how it eats with an unhinged jaw? I guess it devolves into normal Glalie to eat. It also has a glorious beard. So cool.
Soopa Hoopa: I know it's not a mega, but that fan-dubbed nickname is so funny. Also, it's got some good stats, and Hyperspace Fury sounds like a devastating attack. The design is so epic, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.