• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Theory: In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Zinnia will temporarily harness Rayquaza and orchestrate its mega evolution to end the chaos erupting due to Groudon/Kyogre. Then, you will be able to battle her a first time shortly after beating Champion Steven (similarly to the battle with AZ after beating the Champion in X and Y). In the post game, you will be able to battle Zinnia again to earn the Rayquazite.

Another theory: Rayquaza has both a Mega Evolution and a Primal Reversion, but we won't see the Primal Reversion until Delta Emerald. Primal Rayquaza will have a design very similar to its usual form except a bit flashier (just like Primal Groudon and Kyogre) as opposed to its Mega Evolution which is a rather significant design change.

Another theory: Mega Milotic won't be introduced in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, but will be introduced in Delta Emerald. Mega Milotic will be the flagship Pokemon of Champion Wallace's team in Delta Emerald.

Another theory: there will be a Delta Emerald.

tictactucrac

Theory: In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Zinnia will temporarily harness Rayquaza and orchestrate its mega evolution to end the chaos erupting due to Groudon/Kyogre. Then, you will be able to battle her a first time shortly after beating Champion Steven (similarly to the battle with AZ after beating the Champion in X and Y). In the post game, you will be able to battle Zinnia again to earn the Rayquazite.

Another theory: Rayquaza has both a Mega Evolution and a Primal Reversion, but we won't see the Primal Reversion until Delta Emerald. Primal Rayquaza will have a design very similar to its usual form except a bit flashier (just like Primal Groudon and Kyogre) as opposed to its Mega Evolution which is a rather significant design change.

Another theory: Mega Milotic won't be introduced in Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, but will be introduced in Delta Emerald. Mega Milotic will be the flagship Pokemon of Champion Wallace's team in Delta Emerald.

Where is mega Flygon in your theory ?

Rio!

Composer
I still don't know about this whole Delta Emerald business, wasn't Gray copyrighted or something too but nothing came of it?
Making yet another re-make of a game that's already been re-made seems awfully redundant where nothing will significantly change unless someone wants to personally utilize it. Even more so since it looks like we'll already be getting Rayquaza's up-grade/Evolution this game anyway. A third game isn't enough to justify (then what is lol) yet another Hoenn re-hash that isn't going to vary significantly from what was just put out.

It would be like re-making Platinum after Diamond Pearl (possible re-makes where Palkia/Dialga/Giratina have some power-up potential) after a pair of games already released fairly recently.

Where is this 'Delta Emerald' thing coming from?

Last edited:

Poke_Spirit

That would be a sequel not another alternate version..

Poke_Spirit

I still don't know about this whole Delta Emerald business, wasn't Gray copyrighted or something too but nothing came of it?
Making yet another re-make of a game that's already been re-made seems awfully redundant where nothing will significantly change unless someone wants to personally utilize it. Even more so since it looks like we'll already be getting Rayquaza's up-grade/Evolution this game anyway. A third game isn't enough to justify (then what is lol) yet another Hoenn re-hash that isn't going to vary significantly from what was just put out.

It would be like re-making Platinum after Diamond Pearl (possible re-makes where Palkia/Dialga/Giratina have some power-up potential) after a pair of games already released fairly recently.

Where is this 'Delta Emerald' thing coming from?

Delta Emerald's name was copyrighted.. but during FR/LG time they copyrighted waterblue.. unless there's evidence for to theorize a 3rd game remake.. until the games are released people would probably look for hints and signs for Delta Emerald.. but I don't see a point for them remaking it..

tictactucrac

Is there a reason to suspect there will be a Mega Flygon or do you just want a Mega Flygon? (Not being sarcastic, seriously asking)

I definitely want mega Flygon, and i think there are a few reasons to suspect it. Actually if Flygon doesn't get a mega in ORAS, then it has to be in Detla emerald, thus delta emerald has to be a thing.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I definitely want mega Flygon, and i think there are a few reasons to suspect it. Actually if Flygon doesn't get a mega in ORAS, then it has to be in Detla emerald, thus delta emerald has to be a thing.

Double wishful thinking. Delta esmeralddiesnt have to be a thing. And Mflygon inclusion is just a matter of GF team wanting to put it in or dropping the idea of M flygon in 6th completely. Just like kyurem black without a reliable physical ice type attack, Mflygon migth end up being just another thing that will probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

Double wishful thinking. Delta esmeralddiesnt have to be a thing. And Mflygon inclusion is just a matter of GF team wanting to put it in or dropping the idea of M flygon in 6th completely. Just like kyurem black without a reliable physical ice type attack, Mflygon migth end up being just another thing that will probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

Sadly, yeah, and the same with Mega Milotic. Just because fans really want something, doesn't mean that GF have to do it. That said, there's still time for them to put Flygon in, and they said they've put more megas in ORAS than were in X/Y. So don't give up hope on Mega Flygon just yet.

Rio!

Composer
Delta Emerald's name was copyrighted.. but during FR/LG time they copyrighted waterblue.. unless there's evidence for to theorize a 3rd game remake.. until the games are released people would probably look for hints and signs for Delta Emerald.. but I don't see a point for them remaking it..

I see. ;o
I don't see another Hoenn re-make coming either, that would be like beating a dead horse then. XD
If anything if there is a mega flygon, it still has the chance to come up in later games. ;o

Love Black Kyurem but that still bugs me too; makes no sense he doesn't even learn at least Icicle Crash or something goodness. ;_;

Last edited:

Zekrom143

Stop, Goku Time!
Well, does anyone, no offense think that 18 days remaining is gonna be enough time to add 2 more mega evolutions into the games? Also I think we do have enough new mega evolutions, I mean, it's not even a specialized concept for a small number of pokemon now.

Grei

not the color
^ They've finished the games. The games are currently completely done, and are in the process of being manufactured. The concept that they could still add anything is completely ridiculous.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
Well, does anyone, no offense think that 18 days remaining is gonna be enough time to add 2 more mega evolutions into the games? Also I think we do have enough new mega evolutions, I mean, it's not even a specialized concept for a small number of pokemon now.

The games are already done like what he said^ But it just depends if they want to show something new in Corocoro or something

DanteKoriyu

I don't see another Hoenn re-make coming either, that would be like beating a dead horse then. XD

When XY released, the coding revealed hex code for 6 games total in Gen 6 that would be generate Pokemon with the "Kalos pentagon". So far we have 4 with XY and ORAS. This means Gen 6 could likely wrap up with another double version, like with BW2, for Z or whatever it is.

Though, I honestly wouldn't mind if they wanted to throw us another curve ball and release a sequel to XY (possibly Z) alongside a sequel to Hoenn (Delta Emerald?). They have really been trying to break traditions lately, and that would be a major surprise.

Will never happen though. xD

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

The games are most likely already stashed in boxes waiting to be shipped worlwide at this point bro. Do you think they would make over 5 million physichal copies in less than 1 week just because the fans wanted an extra mega?

Nintendo is know for 3 things. Reinventing their games, Nokia 3310 endurance tier consoles and an amazing production schedule. They never disapoint their market even in the mudst of development hell.

The physichal copies are nost likely up and almost ready for distribution.

Rio!

Composer
When XY released, the coding revealed hex code for 6 games total in Gen 6 that would be generate Pokemon with the "Kalos pentagon". So far we have 4 with XY and ORAS. This means Gen 6 could likely wrap up with another double version, like with BW2, for Z or whatever it is.

Though, I honestly wouldn't mind if they wanted to throw us another curve ball and release a sequel to XY (possibly Z) alongside a sequel to Hoenn (Delta Emerald?). They have really been trying to break traditions lately, and that would be a major surprise.

Will never happen though. xD

Wait what does the Pentagon have anything to do with this? Wasn't it simply a marker so it could be easier to tell which pokemon you can use?

DanteKoriyu

Wait what does the Pentagon have anything to do with this? Wasn't it simply a marker so it could be easier to tell which pokemon you can use?
Yes, that is the purpose it serves. But each Gen 6 game uses a different hex code to distinguish which game the Pokemon came from so they know if it should display the pentagon. The fact that they programmed in 6 hex markers is very likely to mean that there are to be 6 games this generation, with those probably being XY, ORAS and then another paired version in the form of X2 & Y2, ZX & ZY or whatever (which works out nicely with Zygarde having two special attacks, maybe meaning 2 new forms).

So even though it won't happen, I was just saying I wouldn't mind if they wanted to use those last two hex codes to surprise us and make single title sequels to the Gen 6 Kalos and Hoenn stories, possibly just as Z and Delta Emerald, instead.

TWN

5326 7398 1244

Reason to make it: easy money, considering they already have over 95% of the game made. Emerald is the first third version to have enough unique features and narrative elements to warrant market appeal in a remake.
Evidence that it will happen: flagship features of Emerald Version such as the Battle Frontier are not appearing in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire according to data leaks, though interviews with Game Freak indicate that the post game will be huge regardless. Why would they choose to not include such significant features of Hoenn unless they were saving them for a remake of the game in which they debuted?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Reason to make it: easy money, considering they already have over 95% of the game made. Emerald is the first third version to have enough unique features and narrative elements to warrant market appeal in a remake.
Evidence that it will happen: flagship features of Emerald Version such as the Battle Frontier are not appearing in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire according to data leaks, though interviews with Game Freak indicate that the post game will be huge regardless. Why would they choose to not include such significant features of Hoenn unless they were saving them for a remake of the game in which they debuted?

Oh this reminds me to gen 5 hoenn confirmed posts. I doubt Nintendo and GF will have it in its schedule to be honest. Only time will tell, but as far as this goes it just feels that some folks just want to say Esmerald confirmed.

Rio!

Composer
Yes, that is the purpose it serves. But each Gen 6 game uses a different hex code to distinguish which game the Pokemon came from so they know if it should display the pentagon. The fact that they programmed in 6 hex markers is very likely to mean that there are to be 6 games this generation, with those probably being XY, ORAS and then another paired version in the form of X2 & Y2, ZX & ZY or whatever (which works out nicely with Zygarde having two special attacks, maybe meaning 2 new forms).

So even though it won't happen, I was just saying I wouldn't mind if they wanted to use those last two hex codes to surprise us and make single title sequels to the Gen 6 Kalos and Hoenn stories, possibly just as Z and Delta Emerald, instead.

The Kalos/Gen 6 thing seems fairly possible but I still feel as though GF would only be shooting themselves in the foot at that point; there is still literally no reason to really justify re-visiting a region a third time on the same platform, it simply doesn't seem to be worth the time and money..
Plus that datamine could still very well have some missing elements in there that isn't displayed. That plus with the possibility of a lot of this content coming in later when we re-visit Kalos.

We'll only know for sure later on (presumably around somewhat early/mid 2015-ish when games are teased).

Status
Not open for further replies.