• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrybluecat

If there is one pokemon game freak should have made a mega evolution for, it is flygon, it didn't really impress in gen 3 because why pick flygon when you have salamence? gen 4 destroyed Flygon, it brought about Mold Breaker which means Flygon's Levitate becomes worthless, and brought about a pokemon that outclasses it in every way: Garchomp. gen 6 was yet another nail in Flygon's coffin when the fairy type was introduced, not to mention Flygon sunk further into mediocrity because Mega Evolutions were introduced which further shifted Flygon down the food chain, when ORAS was introduced, I was hopeful that Flygon would get a mega evo but instead that coveted slot went to the far more dominant Metagross and Salamence. So now we're left with a niche pokemon who needs a new niche because it sucks in it's original one.

Pls we need mega Flygon.

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't want this

Rio!

Composer
If there is one pokemon game freak should have made a mega evolution for, it is flygon, it didn't really impress in gen 3 because why pick flygon when you have salamence?

Immunity to T-wave and resistance against Rock-types, immunity to Sand, something Salamence doesn't have?
Maybe some other time; we have what we have now. /shrug.
I never really understood the hype-train for Flygon/Milotic, to be honest. =/

My issue with flygon is that its weird that it was the only gen 3 dragon not to get a mega. Would have been great to have had mega salamance/altaria/flygon revealed at the same time.

Akashin

My issue with flygon is that its weird that it was the only gen 3 dragon not to get a mega. Would have been great to have had mega salamance/altaria/flygon revealed at the same time.

And Torkoal is the only Gen III Fire type to not have a Mega. So what?

Sprinter1988

TBH I never felt that Salamence needed a mega anyway - I prefer it when they power up a pokemon that needs it (like Flygon) rather than something that is strong enough already.

Illusio

No words, only rage
TBH I never felt that Salamence needed a mega anyway - I prefer it when they power up a pokemon that needs it (like Flygon) rather than something that is strong enough already.

Salamence fell off this generation, hell, it's even in the same viability ranking as Flygon is in OU. The problem is that, while it needed to get pulled out of the gutter, they also gave it a penthouse suite in the best hotel in town.

To be honest though, I have to agree with Rio that Mega Flygon is kind of overhyped lately. Not that it wouldn't be nice to see it, but people seem to be pushing it a lot more then it needs to be.

Rio!

Composer

To be fair, it got nerfed in the worst possible way with fairies, as it had no usable STAB against it; not mention the lack of bulk it has *opposed to Dragonite*. At least Flygon has Earthquake/Earth Power. Though something similar could be said of Hydreigon/Scrafty but that's for another day.. ;P
Two Dragons *three if you count Rayquaza* were plenty for Hoenn IMO.

Rio!

Composer

NotABeginningTrainer

I wouldn't say they messed up with him. They just took a different route. Standard Garchomp is a physical sweeper, but Mega Garchomp is a mixed wall breaker capable of destroying many physical walls with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. They drop in speed isn't as important for this role. And it only gets better under sand.

I wouldn't say they messed up with him. They just took a different route. Standard Garchomp is a physical sweeper, but Mega Garchomp is a mixed wall breaker capable of destroying many physical walls with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. They drop in speed isn't as important for this role. And it only gets better under sand.

But GF also nerfed weather this generation, so sand isn't really used. I agree though, Mega Garchomp is too different to normal Garchomp to really say which one is better. It depends on what role it needs to fill.
Flygon should have gotten a Mega though. I mean... Slowbro. Was that... necessary?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
The concept of Mega Flygon will have a prolonged discussion mostly concerning it never happening this gen.
I'm sure GameFreak has more concern about Japanese fan favorites rather than International fans' cries and complaints.
GameFreak isn't gonna cater to the fans all the time, so just deal with it.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
This is also true.
I feel bad for forgetting the poor guy since GF kinda messed him over with that. xD

I don't see how it got screwed over with that, it's a wallbreaker not a sweeper like regular chomp.

But it's not worth the mega slot so I guess that's the problem. XD

Rio!

Composer
I don't see how it got screwed over with that, it's a wallbreaker not a sweeper like regular chomp.

But it's not worth the mega slot so I guess that's the problem. XD

That's what I'm talking about; great wall-breaker capabilities, but lowered speed so it's at the point where it's simply middling. Not notably faster than anything, and far too high of a speed for Trick Room. It probably didn't help much it came along-side Mega Tyranitar. xD

Speaking of Sand teams, has anyone seen any Mega Steelix roaming around Battle Spot? I have yet to see any.
It's a shame some of these guys are getting weather-boosted abilities *outside I guess the occasional Tyranitar/Garchomp* but they can't make a whole lot of use out of them because of nerfed weather.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I wouldn't have minded a Mega Flygon initially but people have whined about it so much that I hope that it never gets a mega now. It would only remind me of all the petty complaining that has been going on for months now.

Rio!

Composer
I wouldn't have minded a Mega Flygon initially but people have whined about it so much that I hope that it never gets a mega now. It would only remind me of all the petty complaining that has been going on for months now.

Argh it's like Frozen in that regard, hah.
Now when it does come out I won't be as excited, and I'll purposefully make sure I come out with every way possible to grind it into the dirt. :I

HM02gon

Waiting...
Argh it's like Frozen in that regard, hah.
Now when it does come out I won't be as excited, and I'll purposefully make sure I come out with every way possible to grind it into the dirt. :I

As much as I love Flygon, if it gets a mega, I probably won't use it. I've already claimed Ampharos as my Mega. And I'm willing to put money of the fact that at least one of these things will happen to it-

-It will get Bug typing. Because... absolutely no logic reason
-It will become a special attacker-1... because it just a "Garchomp wannabe". Shut up Flygon came first. If anything Chompface is the wannabe.
-It will become a special attacker-2, forcing everyone to breed a new one, which I will not replace my baby.
-It's design will be the ugliest thing ever. I've seen some amazing ideas for it, some that are downright terrifying, and some that are just... ugh. The design, if done right, should be cool looking while keeping Flygon's inherit cuteness.
-It will be stronger than MGarchomp. Okay that's a fact. But anything is stronger than MGarchomp anyway. That thing just failed at mega evolution- except it's shiny form, then it just becomes a joke. Not that it already wasn't one in the first place.

Last edited:
-It will be stronger than MGarchomp. Okay that's a fact. But anything is stronger than MGarchomp anyway. That thing just failed at mega evolution- except it's shiny form, then it just becomes a joke. Not that it already wasn't one in the first place.
Mega Garchomp isn't bad by any means and can still be a formidable opponent. It's just that regular Garchomp is already extremely good. Just because Mega Garchomp doesn't see as much use as regular Garchomp doesn't mean it's a bad pokémon in general and it's not really a fact that a potential Mega Flygon would be better than it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.