• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Mega Evolutions Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Personally, I'd be a little irate in having to open/waste a spot on my Uber-level team just to open it up for a very specific Pokemon that may or may not work. Mega Rayquaza is more like team-project if you ask me, so there isn't a single, consistent counter to it.

I had to sacrifice like three Pokémon to actually take it down.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
It sucks, obviously. A Mega would probably have made it competitively viable again (Defog is pretty trash in OU).

Paralititan

Mega Flygon would have been pretty amazing. I bet there's a lot of potential in his design to make it even more awesome.
The only current Mega designs I dislike are Mewtwo's and Manectric's. They are a step back from the original IMO. My favorites are probably Mega Steelix, Rayquaza, Swampert and Aggron.

I'm hoping for a Mega Tyrantrum. Steel/Dragon type would be amazing (since it's the King, and it has a crown it could be Steel type IMO). Mix some gold into it's design maybe.

Hoping for something like +50 attack, +10 def -10 spa +40 spd +10 speed. Hard hitting tank, with great typing. Add some dragon and steel biting moves to abuse strong jaw and you have a strong pokemon.

I would love to see a Mega Crobat or Mega Dugtrio

Mega Crobat
Ability- Aerialate or Adaptability (Aerialate to get stab and boosted power on Return or Giga Impact and Adapatability to boost moves like Cross Poison and Aerial Ace)
Stats
HP- 85
Atk- 120
Def- 90
Sp.Atk- 100
Sp.Def- 90
Spd-150
BST-635

Mega Dugtrio
Ground/Rock type- So it can get stab on Stone Edge. Also with the boosted stats and ability this makes it more balanced by giving it more weaknesses.
Ability- Huge Power
Stats
Hp- 35
Atk- 80 (160 with Huge Power)
Defense 100
Sp Atk- 70
Sp Def- 100
Spd- 120
BST- 505

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I would love to see a Mega Crobat or Mega Dugtrio

Mega Crobat
Ability- Aerialate or Adaptability (Aerialate to get stab and boosted power on Return or Giga Impact and Adapatability to boost moves like Cross Poison and Aerial Ace)
Stats
HP- 85
Atk- 120
Def- 90
Sp.Atk- 100
Sp.Def- 90
Spd-150
BST-635

Mega Dugtrio
Ground/Rock type- So it can get stab on Stone Edge. Also with the boosted stats and ability this makes it more balanced by giving it more weaknesses.
Ability- Huge Power
Stats
Hp- 35
Atk- 80 (160 with Huge Power)
Defense 100
Sp Atk- 70
Sp Def- 100
Spd- 120
BST- 505

Just so you know, that's not how Huge Power works. The Base stat is not doubled, the actual attack value is doubled (the way you mentioned how it works would actually be worse).
Example: Adamant Medicham Attack stat at lvl 50 with correct Huge Power modification is 246.
Adamant Medicham Attack stat at lvl 50 with your Huge Power modification is 189.

If you don't believe me that it's worse, Rampardos has a base attack of 165, which Adamant Rampardos' Attack stat at lvl 50 is 238. So a Pokemon with a base attack of 60 (Medicham) and Huge Power beats out a Pokemon with 165 attack.

That's a huge difference. I'd also say no to Huge Power on Dugtrio because Huge Power/Pure Power is only a fair ability as of now due to how only relatively slow Pokemon can use it (Base 78 and below, which isn't fast) and the fact that Dugtrio is already base 120 which outspeeds a fair bit of the meta anyway, AND get's Sucker Punch on top of that... essentially makes it only revenge kill-able/ forced to priority attack it, which is really lopsided. It would be a lot weaker than M-Mawile, but Ground is such a good type that I don't think it would matter, and the speed tier.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo X/Y, Mega Latias, Mega Latios, Mega Charizard X, Mega Salamence, Mega Metagross, Mega Garchomp, Mega Aggron, Primal Groudon and Mega Lucario are my favorites. Primal Kyogre is pretty cool too and Mega Aerodactyl is neat as well.

mutete

So, what would you think of:

Mega Arbok
Poison/Dark
Strong Jaw
PS: 60
Attack: 125
Defense: 84
Sp. Attack: 65
Sp. Defense: 94
Speed: 110

The combination of Intimidate before megaevolving + better stats + just one weakness and one immunity thanks to a new great typing + 120 base power (before STAB) Crunch + lots of good coverage moves would certainly rescue Arbok from the pits of NU. What would you think?

As for its design, it should have an even fiercer/darker belly pattern plus a new one on its back, like actual cobras do. Maybe a stronger jawline and a longer body. It could also have a mimetic tail like the snake in the pic, but one that resembles the belly pattern. Or maybe they could leave that for a new poké design.
snake_1457252c.jpg

And also:

Mega Octillery
Water or Water/Dark
Mega Launcher
PS: 75
Attack: 105
Defense: 100
Sp. Attack: 145
Sp. Defense: 100
Speed: 55

The design should incorporate vampire squid elements. It should be curled inside out like this with its mouth/launcher sticking out beneath the tentacles:
http://www.capital.es/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/vampyroteuthis1-284x300.jpg

CyberD888

Travelling Trader
So, what would you think of:

Mega Arbok
Poison/Dark
Strong Jaw
PS: 60
Attack: 125
Defense: 84
Sp. Attack: 65
Sp. Defense: 94
Speed: 110

The combination of Intimidate before megaevolving + better stats + just one weakness and one immunity thanks to a new great typing + 120 base power (before STAB) Crunch + lots of good coverage moves would certainly rescue Arbok from the pits of NU. What would you think?

As for its design, it should have an even fiercer/darker belly pattern plus a new one on its back, like actual cobras do. Maybe a stronger jawline and a longer body. It could also have a mimetic tail like the snake in the pic, but one that resembles the belly pattern. Or maybe they could leave that for a new poké design.
View attachment 14886

And also:

Mega Octillery
Water or Water/Dark
Mega Launcher
PS: 75
Attack: 105
Defense: 100
Sp. Attack: 145
Sp. Defense: 100
Speed: 55

The design should incorporate vampire squid elements. It should be curled inside out like this with its mouth/launcher sticking out beneath the tentacles:
http://www.capital.es/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/vampyroteuthis1-284x300.jpg

I think that Mega Arbok would be decent, as it could provide a small niche with Intimidate support early game and cleaning up mid to late game. Its poison STAB would also be useful now that Sylveon and Clefable are running rampant, both in OU and Doubles. Wouldn't be a widely used Mega for sure but it has its uses I guess.

Mega Octillery, however, feels too similar to Clawitzer which may not warrant a Mega slot. Aside from better bulk and Dark STAB, I don't see it seeing much action over Clawitzer. Even Trick Room Team would rather go for Mega Mawile or even Mega Ampharos.

Last edited:

Paralititan

I like those Mega's Mutete!

What do you guys think of this hypothetical Mega Tyrantrum?

Mega Tyrantrum
Steel/Dragon
Strong Jaw
HP: 87
Attack: 171 (+50)
Defense: 119
Sp. Attack: 59 (-10)
Sp. Defense: 99 (+40)
Speed: 91 (+20)

With a new Steel and Dragon type biting move to abuse it's STAB + Strong Jaw boost and a higher attack it would become a very hard hitter. And with some extra speed and special bulk it has a lot more oppurtunities to attack. And it's new typing would give it far more resistances.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I like those Mega's Mutete!

What do you guys think of this hypothetical Mega Tyrantrum?

Mega Tyrantrum
Steel/Dragon
Strong Jaw
HP: 87
Attack: 171 (+50)
Defense: 119
Sp. Attack: 59 (-10)
Sp. Defense: 99 (+40)
Speed: 91 (+20)

With a new Steel and Dragon type biting move to abuse it's STAB + Strong Jaw boost and a higher attack it would become a very hard hitter. And with some extra speed and special bulk it has a lot more oppurtunities to attack. And it's new typing would give it far more resistances.

Good combo but loses stab for Head Smash though. I would of given it Tough Claws instead of Strong Jaw but the stats are fine.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
That greninja doesn't look like a mega, it's too little of a change for that. But if not then what? What a few pages of a magazine can do for the hype. The new game is coming, i can feel it.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That greninja doesn't look like a mega, it's too little of a change for that. But if not then what? What a few pages of a magazine can do for the hype. The new game is coming, i can feel it.

CoroCoro only mentions that Greninja gets a new form and did not explicitly say it was a Mega.

If you look really carefully, it really does resemble Ash, whom the form is named after.
The spiky part besides its eyes resemble his hair. The red colors on its head is to resemble his cap.

It's actually more like a variant similar to AZ's Floette and the Spiky-eared & Pikachu-colored Pichus.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
yeah, that could be a different one like those. Shofu mentioned it could have something to do with the protean ability, so it could be kind of an anime only thing, like the possessed red pikachu.

Grei

not the color
Mega Rayquaza is the strongest in my opinion and not even steel, fairy or ice could stand up to it. BST of 780 and the powerful Dragon Ascent move makes Mega Rayquaza a dangerous foe. Delta Stream is a fantastic ability and it can hold items such as life orb. Now that is what you call a mega evolution.
And there's no way this isn't in some way biased, yeah?

Akashin

yeah, that could be a different one like those. Shofu mentioned it could have something to do with the protean ability, so it could be kind of an anime only thing, like the possessed red pikachu.

Regardless of what the reasoning for its appearance change is, it seems weird that they would base Mega Greninja on Ash, so I really doubt it's a Mega.

Did I wake up to some serious dragon ball z ****?

If by that you mean waking up to the words "Cell" and "Perfect" and your subsequent decision to focus on them for reasons unknown, yes.

Unless you have a strong correlation between Zygarde and Cell that I'm missing.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
And there's no way this isn't in some way biased, yeah?

it isn't biased. I just think Mega Rayquaza is the best because of how Game Freak made it. But Mega Mewtwo X and Y is pretty powerful too. Anyway, I wonder if we'll get z mega evolutions of Charizard and Mewtwo since we got X and Y.

Paralititan

Good combo but loses stab for Head Smash though. I would of given it Tough Claws instead of Strong Jaw but the stats are fine.

Losing stab on Head Smash would be a small bummer, but gaining all the resistances would make up for it. Plus, with some new biting moves Strong Jaw would work just fine. I really hope that happens, since Strong Jaw was Tyrantrums and Tyrunts signature ability once. Plus, powerful jaws are basically the defining point of Tyrannosaurus. A Dragon and Steel biting move would be sweet.

it isn't biased. I just think Mega Rayquaza is the best because of how Game Freak made it. But Mega Mewtwo X and Y is pretty powerful too. Anyway, I wonder if we'll get z mega evolutions of Charizard and Mewtwo since we got X and Y.

Mega Ray is the strongest to date indeed. There´s a reason it´s banned even from Ubers.

I doubt we´ll get more Mega´s for Mewtwo and Charizard. Would be really unfair that they get so much more than other pokemon.

That being said, I think Arceus may be another candidate to get 2 Mega´s in the future.

Another point regarding Mega Ray, I think it may return to Ubers in the future when there are more strong Primal or Mega pokemon (or similar formes) that can counter it. Maybe Mega Lugia, Ho-Oh, Palkia, Dialga, Arceus, Giratina, Xerneas, Yveltal etc. could counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.