• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New member not used to this [RMT]

I just recently made a Serebii account though I have been playing D/P/Pt for some time now and have owned every generation of pokemon since R/B/Y. I was wanting some help in crafting my team (which I will breed in game). At the moment I am missing my 6th member pick but I lick what I have now.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Adamant
252hp/236atk/12def/8spd
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Lead Metagross that uses Stealth Rock, Bulk and Explosion to lay the traps and then take almost anything else out that stands in the way for my team. With Bullet Punch he can easily be anti-scarf. The strategy is to first scout out their Lead, if it's typically a Sashed lead then the first attack is to Bullet Punch, then to Stealth Rock. from there Metagross lays down EQuakes untill finally Exploding for massive damage.

Glicsor @ Life Orb
Jolly
252hp/40atk/216spd
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roost

A stat-upping Gliscor that can sit behind high defenses and Roost in order to up to 2x Sword Dances and then let loose with Life Orbed, STABed Equakes, or harsh Stone Edges. Stone Edge + Earthquake offer a wide range of moves that can hit almost everything for atleast neutral. Roost heals back and life loss from Life Orb as well as that incurred while Dancing.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4hp/252s.atk/252spd
Tri Attack
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Shadowball

My Special Revenge-killer, with Scarf and a wide range of moves, including the Bolt-Beam he can come in fast and kill something then switch out. Super STAB TriAttack nukes almost everything except those resistant to Normal, Shadow Ball for the Ghost/Psychic coverage and ofcourse BoltBeam needs no explaination.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
240hp/216def/52s.atk
Substitute
Focus Punch
Ice Beam
Hidden Power: Fire

This is a somewhat unique Swampert set in that he's set up as a Sub-Puncher. With 101 Subs, his Subs live through Seismic Toss and retaliate with a Focus Punch to Blissey's face. According to damage calculation of 256 atk (Max IVs no EVs) vs. Blissey's 119 def (Max EVs + IVs):

Swampert vs. Blissey Focus Punch deals 78% dmg to Blissey.

That means that with Stealth Rock dealing 25% damage to Blissey on the switch in, Blissey retaliating with Siesmic Toss, and then getting OHKO'd by SubPert. The slot of HP: is sceptical because based on calcs, it can only do about 55% dmg to Scizor with HP:Fire. or 80% with Stealth Rock, making it a 2HKO at best.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
188hp/252def/68spd
Wish
Toxic
Surf
Protect

A Phys Tank with Wish Pass support, he performs double duty in that he can Toxicstall enemies by using Wish. The strategy is to Wish and then use Toxic, at this point you can start mixing in Protects every other attack so you give ample oppurtunity in order to let Toxic tick away and Wish to heal any damage Leftovers doesn't.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Crunch
Stone Edge

S.def Tanking Tyranitar with Dragon Dance for sweeping potential. Regardless of what Tyranitar's suited roll is, this set offers the the viability of a hard to faint pokemon with high def and higher Sp.Def due to Sandstorm. Stone Edge for it's main STAB. The main strategy is to wall Sp.Atk based attackers like Gengar.

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
Add a sixth Pokemon or this gets closed.

If you can choose 5/6 Pokemon, you can choose a sixth.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
You should probably have a stealth rock lead such as jirachi. The rest of your team is fine. For jirachi, use trick, SR, iron head and T punch.

Zbynek

hmm I wouldnt put Life orb on a SUBbing Kingdra, it will die quickly I think

I added a sixth but I needed the help in figuring out who it was. Also I still need help rounding out the team. Plus this team will be made in game and so I cannot use Jirachi (unless I hacked one)

Before I rate this in a more in-depth fashion, I'd like to alert you to the fact that you have no Electric or Ground resists on your team. Electric and Ground are two of the most common attacking types, so it's very important that you can have something to switch into those attacks.

Gliscor resists both of those types, and you could have it as a Stealth Rock lead instead of Metagross, if you give it Taunt. However, if you did that, you'd have no Rock and Flying resist, which is also quite bad. Flygon could also replace Metagross, but you'd still have no Flying resist, and it's not as good a lead.

Anyway, I want to give you advice on your team, not make it for you, but I really recommend that you get a more balanced set of Pokemon. My best suggestion would be swapping Porygon-Z for Latias.

Yeah I really don't want to have it made for me. I like the idea of Gliscor and if I made added Gliscor as a SR/Taunting lead

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish
252hp/40def/216spd
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Roost
Earthquake

Another question is do I need a Flying Resist? Scizor is neutral to Flying and nothing else on the team is weak to flying either.

Also I need options for other @'s to hold, mainly because I cant really use 3x Leftovers

Well, a Flying resist isn't essential, but it is helpful.

Having an Electric and Ground immunity on your team is far more important than having a Flying and Rock resist, so, Gliscor for Metagross wouldn't be too shabby an exchange in this case. However, while you can probably get away with nothing resisting Flying, I'm not sure if you can do with Rock. Many physically orientated Pokemon carry Stone Edge, although Dusknoir fares okay against such Pokemon, with Will-O-Wisp, and Pressure.

Gen. Empoleon

Parasect-sect
I honestly don't see how a Flying-type resist will be helpful in any way. Flying-type attacks are rarely used in the current OU metagame. Also do not replace your Lead Metagross with Gliscor, that would be a mistake. I would suggest a sweeper Gliscor though, as it is extremely helpful and can win matches

Glicsor @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
Hyper Cutter
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Roost

With this Gliscor plays like a mini Garchomp with the ability to heal off damage. Replace this over Dusknoir as it is pretty much complete *** and won't help your team in any way.

Also you can use as many leftovers as you want, no one can tell you that you can't.

Last edited:

Addie

(•✖•)
Dusknoir shouldn't really be taking special hits, as it'll die from most boosters and can't do much back. Most of your other Pokemon can take on special attackers like Heatran well, so I suggest changing it to something that utterly outclasses Dusknoir, Rotom-H, who can Will-O-Wisp and hit back with more power. But, since you said you're using this for Wifi, you could try using a Special Defense oriented Tyranitar to take on special threats like Gengar, Alakazam, Azelf, Heatran, and others, as well as handling Cresselia, who otherwise walls this team. For reference, the set for a Specially Defensive Tyranitar is this.

"JibakuTar" @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I don't know where to put the Gliscor that Gen and others mentioned, but you could try it over Scizor and see how it works, as you already have a revenge-killer in Porygon-Z.

Oh god, Gen Empoleon is here on Serebii. Welcome to Sppf, Gen Empoleon.

@OP: Why you write your description in quotes? Just wondering.

I'll rate tomorrow.

Here is my current, updated team.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Adamant
252hp/236atk/12def/8spd
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Lead Metagross that uses Stealth Rock, Bulk and Explosion to lay the traps and then take almost anything else out that stands in the way for my team. With Bullet Punch he can easily be anti-scarf as well

Glicsor @ Life Orb
Jolly
252hp/40atk/216spd
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roost

A stat-upping Gliscor that can sit behind high defenses and Roost in order to up to 2x Sword Dances and then let loose with Life Orbed, STABed Equakes, or harsh Stone Edges.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4hp/252s.atk/252spd
Tri Attack
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Shadowball

My Special Revenge-killer, with Scarf and a wide range of moves, including the Bolt-Beam he can come in fast and kill something then switch out.

Lucario @ Choice Band
Adamant
4hp/252atk/252spd
Extremespeed
Close Combat
Agility
Shadow Claw

A very debatable slot, I don't know what to use as #6 but this Lucario is designed as a Wall Breaker, by coming in and taking Walls out.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
188hp/252def/68spd
Wish
Toxic
Surf
Protect

A Phys Tank with Wish Pass support, he performs double duty in that he can Toxicstall enemies by using Wish and Leftovers between his Protects while that Toxic eats things up.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Careful

Substitute
Dragon Dance
Pursuit
Stone Edge

S.def Tanking Tyranitar with a SubDancing set, Stone Edge for it's main STAB, with Pursuit for those trying to run away from it. with high HP/Def it is able to drop out difficult Subs that are hard to deal with.

Last edited:

Addie

(•✖•)
Uhh...

There is absolutely no point in using the defensive EVs if you're sacrificing your HP for Substitutes. Also, the moveset you gave is poor. Using Pursuit as a sweeping move...

Just use the one given.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Adamant
252hp/236atk/12def/8spd
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Glicsor @ Life Orb
Jolly
252hp/40atk/216spd
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roost

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4hp/252s.atk/252spd
Tri Attack
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Shadowball

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
240hp/216def/52s.atk
Substitute
Focus Punch
Ice Beam
Hidden Power: Fire

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
188hp/252def/68spd
Wish
Toxic
Surf
Protect

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Careful
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Crunch
Stone Edge

Updated the team with my new better #6 poke, Mix.. no SubPert offering amazing Blissey beatdown potential. Swampert then swings from the opposite end with Special moves in addition to the Physical.