• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

new mixed tier team (needs improvements)

dpdude

teehee
this is a new mixed tier team ive been experimenting with and its done ok in wifi battles, but it could definitely use some help lol. ive found two major flaws with my team so far, and they are: no u turn on staraptor and no ice beam on gorebyss. why? I don't know but I guess I was experimenting with a gimmicky kinda team.

Staraptor@leftovers
jolly nature
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
brave bird
close combat
roost
substitute

this is kind of a gimmicky lead raptor, with hopes that he will be able to take down some common leads with two powerful moves. roost and substitute because I had seen it in use before but not as a lead. as a lead I really feel he needs u turn to get out of sticky situations and to damage psychic type leads. I also feel he needs something to boost his physical prowess without limiting him to one move or damaging him further. something like a muscle band.

Gengar@choice specs
timid nature
252 spatk, 252 spe, 4 def
shadow ball
focus blast
HP ice
thunderbolt

kind of a standard set, minus trick. I felt he needed t bolt for the water and flying types seeming how hes not gonna stay in very long anyway. kind of a revenge killing gengar. being the fastest member on my team, not much is gonna outspeed him but I did just lose a match to a starmie when it came down to the wire.

Slaking@choice band
jolly
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
earthquake
night slash
retaliate
return

I feel like I need a different coverage move on him, maybe ice punch over return since hell only come in after a pokemon has died to deal outstanding damage with his monstrous 419 attack. yeah I know hes a pokemon hindered completely by his ability but slaking has always interested me as a sweet revenge killer. and since he was the first member of my team, hes the only one im not wanting to get rid of.

Gorebyss@white herb
calm
252 hp, 24 spdef, 232 spe
shell smash
baton pass
surf
substitute

I really want to get rid of substitute for ice beam. I recently got locked into a one on one match with a dragonite and lost because my only attacking move, dragonite resists. and gorebyss isn't really gonna stay alive long enough to set up her sub and be able to pass it. other than that, standard smash- pass gorebyss.

Roserade@expert belt
timid
252 spatk, 252 spe, 4 spdef
leaf storm
shadow ball
sludge bomb
extrasensory

standard roserade set. moves give outstanding coverage. only thing is, I didn't get HP ground or fire so I was stuck with extrasensory, which is ok I guess because it can take out other roserades and poison types.

Metagross@life orb
adamant
252 atk, 164 hp, 92 spe
bullet punch
hammer arm
meteor mash
zen headbutt

metagross is generally the receiver of the smash- pass that gorebyss gives out. and he is an absolute monster when received. but if metagross is already KOed, I can pass it to roserade and she does fine. moves are pretty standard I guess lol and nature and EVs give it max attack and survivability.

well theres my new team. it does ok at best but mostly its because of my conservative scared to overpredict playstyle that ruins it. feel free to fix, comment, make changes to whatever you see fit.