• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Moves Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepigfan

So... I noticed we don't have a thread for moves yet so, I thought I would start one :) so uh... I guess stay civil please? Yeah, stay civil.

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, or broke some sorta rule, I haven't been on Serrebi since sun and moon came out, so yah.)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If we get new moves, it might just be a couple for the new legendary forms.

If we get new Alolan forms or whatnot, then they could probably add new moves.

This assuming that Ultra Sun/Moon get different forms than just the new legendary forms.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
at most i would expect signature moves for Necrozma and his "fusions"
possibly some new signature z moves

Hopefully we get a bunch of move tutors and overhauls to egg moves. The gen 6 and 7 pokemon generally have crappy/low counts of egg moves.

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

I think we will get z-moves for Lycanroc, Mimmikyu and Togedemaru, and that's what we were seeing in the trailer.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I also only expect new moves for the Legendaries.Same generation tends to mean not much in the way of new attacks. I suppose Marshadow will be distributed for this game at some point and so we'll get access to its Z-Move, but data for it already exists.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I am hoping for a new move or two that is exclusive to the Ultra Beast, I am not sure how they'll work but at the same time I believe they could make so the moves always do damage based on their type combination, so basically something like Hawlucha's Flying Press

Aetius

I believe that what we saw in the trailer were just cutscenes and not Pokèmon using their own peculiar Z-move.
Despite me saying this, I'm sure that they will add without fail new peculiar Z-moves and, of course, new moves, as it is plausible that Necrogaleo and Necronala will be given signature moves.

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I believe that what we saw in the trailers were just cutscenes and not Pokèmon using their own peculiar Z-move.
Despite me saying this, I'm sure that they will add without fail new peculiar Z-moves and, of course, new moves, as it is plausible that Necrogaleo and Necronala will be given signature moves.

I agree, I think those scenes of Mimikyu, Togedemaru and Lycanroc were part of the opening animation from the title screen and not actual gameplay.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Copying from other threads: I definitely want better movepools for several Pokémon, both gen 6 and gen 7. We need tutors/more moves/something!

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I just can't wait for Move Tutors/New Egg Move. So many Gen 7 pokemon seemed to lack moves they definitely should have gotten (though this isn't uncommon, look at Ice Punch Kyurem Black!)

Akashin

Copying from other threads: I definitely want better movepools for several Pokémon, both gen 6 and gen 7. We need tutors/more moves/something!

Tutors are almost a given, but I'd also like to see them follow Gen VI's example and spread the Starter signature moves around a bit.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Does anyone know if Light of Ruin is still in the data for Sun and Moon? If so, do you think there's a chance that we'll get some sort of release for it? I kind of doubt that they'd have the Eternal Flower Floette given at this point, but hey, they made Zygarde have a minor thing in Alola, so I don't know.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Does anyone know if Light of Ruin is still in the data for Sun and Moon? If so, do you think there's a chance that we'll get some sort of release for it? I kind of doubt that they'd have the Eternal Flower Floette given at this point, but hey, they made Zygarde have a minor thing in Alola, so I don't know.

It might be possible. I'm not sure if it is in the game's coding but... There is a chance.

Akashin

Eternal Flower Floette and Light of Ruin are both still in the game's coding, yes. Whether they'll be released or why they were kept if they won't be is anybody's guess.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
ORAS has proven new moves can be added in the middle of a generation, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a few new ones here. But since ORAS only did it for legends, I expect the same here with only Ultra Solgaleo and Lunala getting new moves (and MAYBE the Ultra Beasts, but's a bit of a stretch). There's also a very high possibility for new exclusive Z moves too, but again, I don't see that many being added.

I also think changes to Pokémon's movepools is likely to happen as well. Given that move tutors are pretty much inevitable, I'll be interested to see if some Pokémon get better just from certain moves alone.

raichu27

I'd like to see Dig return as a TM/Move Tutor move. I think Frost Breath should've been replaced instead of Dig, imo. I think Frost Breath is hardly any use compared to Ice Beam, imo. Frost Breath also has the STAB damage, as a non-Ice type learning Ice Beam.

It'd also be cool to see Bubblebeam and Dragonbreath to return as a Move Tutor move.

I think it's also be nice to see Tapu Koko to learn a good powerful physical Electric and Fairy move. I think also think a Electric and Ice variant of Blaze Kick would be nice to see.

It'd also be cool to see a Poison move that's super effective against Steel types, and a damaging Steel move that has a change to burn a opponent.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
It'd also be cool to see a Poison move that's super effective against Steel types.

That would be pretty cool. I've always thought Acid and Acid Spray should've been changed to do this in Gen VI, since IRL metals react quite strongly with acid. We've already got Freeze-Dry, after all.

(And now all I can think of is "Vinegar used Acid! It's super effective! The wild Baking Soda exploded!")

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
ORAS has proven new moves can be added in the middle of a generation, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a few new ones here. But since ORAS only did it for legends, I expect the same here with only Ultra Solgaleo and Lunala getting new moves (and MAYBE the Ultra Beasts, but's a bit of a stretch). There's also a very high possibility for new exclusive Z moves too, but again, I don't see that many being added.

I also think changes to Pokémon's movepools is likely to happen as well. Given that move tutors are pretty much inevitable, I'll be interested to see if some Pokémon get better just from certain moves alone.

ORAS was the exception in that GF decided to finally give the weather trio signature moves which they were lacking compared to all other legendary pokemon. Considering Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma already have signature moves. It's very unlikely there will be any new moves. If that, they will only be new signature Z-Moves

Sulfurian

I'd like to see a z move trigger a form change. Yes its basically mega evolution but c'mon, all that energy only grants basic Stat increases? It seems kinda odd.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'd like to see a z move trigger a form change. Yes its basically mega evolution but c'mon, all that energy only grants basic Stat increases? It seems kinda odd.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not have a move be forced into a moveset just to have a form. There's a reason why Pirouette doesn't see much usage. Again, though, that's just me. Knowing GF, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.