• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Moves Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer11

At least HMs have been replaced with hidden techniques, such as the "Diagonal Cut" and "Water Walk" techniques. They don't count as moves, so they don't take up move slots.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
The new special move from Pikachu is a great one as it can use it against Ground types. Electric's most disadvantage type.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
A new video came out which revealed new moves:
Veevee Volley, Pika Papow, Splishy Splash, Bouncy Bubble, Sizzly Slide, and Buzzy Buzz. Alliteration at its worst.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Okay, why are all the names for these moves unfathomably horrible?

I mean, come on! The Japanese names could have totally stuck! Why not just keep those?

slowkingsley

Okay, why are all the names for these moves unfathomably horrible?

I mean, come on! The Japanese names could have totally stuck! Why not just keep those?

The original Japanese names of the moves had an onomatopoeic naming style, so they were always going to struggle with creating decent English localizations of the moves. The naming aside I like the additional new moves. However, I hope it extends beyond your starter pokemon only and other notable pokemon like Gym Leader pokemon or pokemon like Ekans and Koffing possibly getting new moves as well.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The original Japanese names of the moves had an onomatopoeic naming style, so they were always going to struggle with creating decent English localizations of the moves.

Ah. I understand, but still, why make the names that elementary?

I do understand that the games are for a different audience, but I doubt this audience watches Sesame Street during snack time. Luckily, I don't really plan on battling with Eevee, so I won't really have to deal with it. At least the moves look nice.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
The new moves’ names sound so stupid and extremely childish even for Pokémon. Flare Burn and Splash Surf sound perfectly fine and could easily have been used for the English names but instead we get things like Sizzly Slide and Splishy Splash. Those sound like names toddlers would come up with.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, the names of these moves are absolutely atrocious. I thought Splash Surf was a bad name, but Splishy Splash? Really? Why? Just why?

Aetius

Naming aside, I think that these moves are actually kinda cool, given the fact that they allow Pikachu and Eevee to have coverage moves and make up for their low stats.

Sabre_King

I hope Eevee and Pikachu somehow keep these moves in future games maybe through special move tutors, it would be unfortunate if the only way to keep these moves is by potentially importing the starter Eevee or Pikachu to future games. Also it would be interesting if only the starter Eevee and Pikachu only obtain these moves and not the catchable Eevees and Pikachus in the game.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
From Meltan's entry:

"Most of Meltan’s body is made from liquid metal, and its shape is very fluid. It can use its liquid arms and legs to corrode metal and absorb it into its own body."

GameFreak, please implement a Steel-type absorbing move that is super-effective against other Steel-types.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I could imagine that one being a draining attack where it only drains HP from Steel-type Pokémon while being super effective against them. Not only that the move itself is very powerful.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Double Iron Bash hits twice, but not enough to knock out an Onix.

gtS1L4s.png

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

I'm Curious if it'll be it's signature move. If so, very underwhelming name, and a move that seems like others could have. So I hope they debut another move for it specifically.

Last edited:

gtS1L4s.png
While it didn't knock Onix out, that's still a lot of power for one attack assuming both Pokemon aren't candy trained. In comparison, Metagross's Meteor Mash does a similar amount of damage assuming both Pokemon are uninvested.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
While it didn't knock Onix out, that's still a lot of power for one attack assuming both Pokemon aren't candy trained. In comparison, Metagross's Meteor Mash does a similar amount of damage assuming both Pokemon are uninvested.
But it does have a potent side affect as it has a 10% chance of raising its Attack. I expect that Double Iron Bash will have a high chance of flinching, somewhere around 30%.

Status
Not open for further replies.