• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Moves Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm still waiting for Acid Rain to be come a real move. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet.

It would just be a Poison-type weather effect that damages pokemon each turn, and deals double damage to Water, Grass, and Steel-types. It would be a real game changer, for sure.
I do like the idea of Acid Rain being a move but I think that doing double damage on Grass-types considering Grass is weak to Poison and on a Ludicolo for example, it will do 8x damage due to the weakness of Grass to Poison and the 2x damage bonuses for Ludicolo being both a Grass and Water type, not saying that Whimsicott counts because it is naturally double weak to Poison because of its Grass/Fairy typing. Perhaps Game Freak can mitigate this effect by making Acid Rain have the additional effects of being super effective on Water and Steel.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I dont know if im posting in the right area, however the one thing i am praying Gamefreak gives ME is Jigglypuff with Baby Doll Eyes! Like really? Really Gamefreak? You create a defensive status move..... with priority.... called Baby Doll Eyes.... and you dont make this move accessible to the Jigglypuff family in any way shape or form? this needs to happen! my helping hand friend guard jigglypuff would love this to be a part of her arsenal! TYVM

Also as for new moves, I always thought that maybe something like "Twilight" would be an interesting weather mechanic. It would essentially boost the effects of any cosmic related move. For example Cosmic Power would boost 2 stages instead of just 1, and wish would heal max hp, and meteor mash, solarbeam and moonblast would do 1.3x the amount of power, and etc.

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Heres one I always thought should be a thing.

Shield Smash: 90bp: Physical Steel attack. Harnessing its defensive might the user slams into its foe. Uses this Pokemons Defense stat to determine damage instead of its attack stat.

Orphalesion

"Twilight" would also make for an interesting weather effect too boost Fairy moves. Or alternatively something like "Starry Night" or "Sacred Night".

Or maybe a more general "Astral Night" that boosts Fairy, Ghost and cosmic moves?

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
"Twilight" would also make for an interesting weather effect too boost Fairy moves. Or alternatively something like "Starry Night" or "Sacred Night".

Or maybe a more general "Astral Night" that boosts Fairy, Ghost and cosmic moves?

I totally dig the idea of ghost type moves being boosted because of a mechanic like this! shadow ball being the strongest ghost type move at 80bp is just sad, its not like ghost type attacks have the greatest coverage like ice beam or dazzling gleam do. Also i think it shouldnt count as a weather mechanic or like a terrain move. I think if it worked more like magic room, tailwind or trick room do, that'd be extra cool!

Also another idea for a new move would be "Attentuate"

at·ten·u·ate
adjective.
reduced in force, effect, or physical thickness.

It would work similar to mirror move or counter except instead of dealing damage it reduces the amount of damage taken as well as reducing the base power of that specific move. The only drawback is that in order for this to happen the pokemon has to use Attentuate before the opponent attacks. So for example if a Cresselia manages to use Attentuate before the next earthquake, the damage taken is reduced as well as reducing the base power of earthquake until that pokemon switches out.

Last edited:

Luthor

One of the images seems to show the Pikachu with double kick. Hope that sort of thing continues.

Last edited:

Nockturne

One of the images seems to show the Pikachu with double kick. Hope that sort of thing continues.
I think that'll just be a one off to make sure you have something for Brock if you get the Pikachu version. Like Charmander getting Metal Claw in FR/LG only.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think it's kind of weird to go with Double Kick though. Pikachu barely even has legs, why can it suddenly use fighting moves with them? Just give it Iron Tail instead and nerf Iron Tail's base power a bit in this game so it's not OP at that stage of the game. And all the anime fans will love Pikachu getting Iron Tail like in the show. You could also give Eevee Iron Tail.

Last edited:

DatsRight

How about a high power scratch/swipe move so a lot of my favourites like the Meowth/Sandshrew/Sneasel lines have a hard hitter equivalent to Gen 1 Slash again?

I’d like to see a few current moves either become or regain a TM status.

The following are the moves:

Moonblast
Pay Day
Recycle
Inferno
First Impression
Smelling Salt
Wake Up Slap
Force Palm
Darkest Lariat
Sacred Sword
Vacuum Wave
Ominous Wind
Silver Wind
Fury Cutter (with a slightly higher 50 base power but 90% accuracy with a max cap of damage cause to be 120 not counting resistance and weakness)
Follow Me
Spotlight
Giga Drain
Dragon Breath
Hone Claws
Beat Up
Barrage (I’ve always pictured Chansey using this move by hurling dozens of eggs in a frenzied fashion thus diffierentiating Barrage from Egg Bomb)
Sky Attack

If any become Move Tutors, I’d be happy with it as well.

Being an avid Meowth fan, I kinda like it being it's exclusive signature, though I'll accept it as tutor/TM move again so long as they bulk it up in some way, boost it to 50 or 60 so it can truly manipulate Technician boosts or even just reconfigure it to an all target move.

Last edited:

Luthor

I think that'll just be a one off to make sure you have something for Brock if you get the Pikachu version. Like Charmander getting Metal Claw in FR/LG only.

In Which case they might give the same move to Eevee, so both are balanced.

Kage-Pikachu

I think we need an Electric priority move, especially since lightning is one of the fastest things in the world after all.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
I'm not sure LGPE will be a game that introduces new moves (although if so, cool). Maybe reshuffles some TMs around to account for pokeride that I believe is coming with it and give pokemon access to new things like pikachu with double kick. I mean, it's not outside of the realm of possibility, just I don't think that will happen.

I'm pretty sure Gen8 will be where we'll see some actual new moves.

Kage-Pikachu

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'd like to see a damage-dealing one too since so many slow Electric types could use it.

erickexl

I just got the idea based on this 7 Hour Analysis video of ORAS I started watching.

What if we got moves that change the surface of the arena?

The video I'm watching questioned things like how could we use Ground-Type moves (i.e Dig) while surfing on water a top of a pokemon?

I was thinking there could be moves similar to Electric Terrain.

Such as a move that can flood the surface with water, negative Ground-Type moves for 4 turns.
Thinking about it now, it can create a new category and moves like Gravity and Magnet Rise can be placed in said category.

I think more moves like these would be great and can sort of impact the Meta in an interesting way.

Azhdarcho

I’d like to see Feint get a buff to be like Pursuit – doubles power if the opponent is using a blocking move. It’s not powerful enough right now to have any disruptive effect on the meta game.

DatsRight

I’d like to see Feint get a buff to be like Pursuit – doubles power if the opponent is using a blocking move. It’s not powerful enough right now to have any disruptive effect on the meta game.

Even just getting it back up to pre-Gen 6 power would be an improvement. I get making Feint always land made more risk of it breaking the game, but 50 isn't exactly too powerful (Technician Smeargle or Persian might be a threat, but they aren't exactly heavy hitters) and 30 just isn't worth using on the gamble the enemy MIGHT use Protect and not a dangerous attack.

Acer11

Special moves used respectively by Eevee and Pikachu in the recent Pokenchi featuring Junichi Masuda.

Status
Not open for further replies.