• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Moves Speculation & Discussion Thread

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
That might be a bit too similar to Shore up. It might be easier to make that move more common.

I forgot that move was a thing. Yeah, make it more easily distributable across Pokemon that are affiliated with sand.

Shore Up is a sand-based move, it makes no sense for pokémon like Registeel. Shore Up could be used for some more Ground-types like Flygon, Sandslash, and Claydol, but I don't see all that many Rock or Steel types fitting it.

I think that's a good thing. Recovery moves aren't given to many defensive Pokemon for balancing purposes.

DSDark

Breeder
I really want a non-normal version of False swipe

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Currently, there’s Mega Pinsir and the very rare Mega Altaria with the move from Gen III and V. But they both count as non-normal False Swipes. Other than that, Pancham and Pangoro with Scrappy is the best we’ve got for hitting ghosts. But I agree, a Fighting-type False Swipe would help; something like Restraint Attack, or Subtle Attack if there’s a character limit I’m not aware of.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
But a Fighting-type False Swipe wouldn't be any better at dealing with Ghost Pokémon than the regular False Swipe. Any other type would do.

Creyk

Maybe a ghost type? It could be called something like "cruel torture" where it inflicts pain but never enough to make the opponent faint.

NeedsAName

Maybe a ghost type? It could be called something like "cruel torture" where it inflicts pain but never enough to make the opponent faint.
I think that works better as a dark-type. However, I think False Swipe works as normal type because it's not super effective against anything. I personally think they should make it that False Swipe is not resisted by rock and steel types and so ghost types aren't immune.

DSDark

Breeder
Currently, there’s Mega Pinsir and the very rare Mega Altaria with the move from Gen III and V. But they both count as non-normal False Swipes. Other than that, Pancham and Pangoro with Scrappy is the best we’ve got for hitting ghosts. But I agree, a Fighting-type False Swipe would help; something like Restraint Attack, or Subtle Attack if there’s a character limit I’m not aware of.

Fighting wouldn't give the ghost problem though

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh yeah, and Pangoro has access to False Swipe and can have Scrappy. The Pancham line is confirmed for Sword and Shield too.

Orphalesion

It might be worth it to revive the ???? type for False Swipe...or just make False Swipe ignore type resistance...

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Meh, I don't think it should become too easy. False Swipe already kind of cheats the game of having to get their health down without fainting. And it's kind of overrated anyway, anything in red health is effectively the same as far as catching odds are concerned, those last few hitpoints are insignificant to the catching odds.

Orphalesion

Meh, I don't think it should become too easy. False Swipe already kind of cheats the game of having to get their health down without fainting. And it's kind of overrated anyway, anything in red health is effectively the same as far as catching odds are concerned, those last few hitpoints are insignificant to the catching odds.
I've never actually used false swipe, but well, clearly False Swipe isn't for you (or me), but for people who want to use it to catch stuff. Nobody touches your precious "difficulty" by giving other people an option.

You could make a second False Swipe move with a different type.

Well my point was that it's not necessary to make another move when you can just alter the existing one. Just like Freeze-Dry is super effective on water types despite being an ice move, False Swipe could be altered to affect ghosts, imho. It's just for catching anyway, so it's not like it'd change balance much.

Luthor

I'd like some more rolling moves. Like an electric one called Rolling Thunder. There's only 2 moves that work like that.