• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Movesets - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Names: Unfezant and Sirfetch'd
Moves: Slash (both) and Double-Edge (Unfezant)
Reasons: I think both Unfezant and Sirfetch'd should learn Slash and Unfezant should learn Double-Edge. First, this will probably raise questions because most bird Pokemon can't learn Slash with the exceptions of Rufflet, Braviary (both), and Farfetch'd, but my reason for Unfezant to learn Slash is that Unfezant is capable of learning Night Slash and can also learn Aerial Ace. Also, one of Unfezant's abilities is Super Luck. Next, my reason for Sirfetch'd to learn Slash is that Sirfetch'd is capable of learning Night Slash, Leaf Blade, and Fury Cutter. Finally, my reason for Unfezant to learn Double-Edge is that Unfezant is capable of learning Brave Bird and Giga Impact.
Night Slash is essentially an upgraded version of Slash which gives Sirfetch’d a better coverage option for Psychic and Ghost types.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Hopes for Cetitan

Icicle Crash
Ice Hammer
Water Spout
Brine
Body Press
Horn Drill

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
With the latest trailer revealing two new moves (Tera Blast and Shed Tail) who do you think they will be on?

Tera Blast is confirmed to be a move that can be learnt from a TM and seems to be a universal move for Pokemon that can use TMs.

Shed Tail looks to thematically fit Slowpoke though looks somewhat awkward on its evolved forms. Could also see it appearing on the movesets of lizard-like Pokemon.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
With the latest trailer revealing two new moves (Tera Blast and Shed Tail) who do you think they will be on?

Tera Blast is confirmed to be a move that can be learnt from a TM and seems to be a universal move for Pokemon that can use TMs.

Shed Tail looks to thematically fit Slowpoke though looks somewhat awkward on its evolved forms. Could also see it appearing on the movesets of lizard-like Pokemon.
I think Tera Blast will replace Hidden Power as it is intended to guarantee that each Pokémon has a Stab move for it’s Tera type. I just wonder if the move will have a physical/special counterpart? Otherwise it will fall flat.

Shed Tail will definitely not be available for Slowpoke. A combination of Substitute + U-Turn is quite broken, and they definitely know this, considering that the move costs half of the users max HP. Slowpoke’s evolutions have access to Regenerator, which would circumvent the steep price of this move.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I think Tera Blast will replace Hidden Power as it is intended to guarantee that each Pokémon has a Stab move for it’s Tera type. I just wonder if the move will have a physical/special counterpart? Otherwise it will fall flat.

Shed Tail will definitely not be available for Slowpoke. A combination of Substitute + U-Turn is quite broken, and they definitely know this, considering that the move costs half of the users max HP. Slowpoke’s evolutions have access to Regenerator, which would circumvent the steep price of this move.
The move description for Tera Blast states it works like Photon Geyser and Shell Side Arm using the user’s higher attacking stat for damage calculation.

Kingudora

My favourite
I could definitely see it for the Treecko line. Mega Sceptile is even depicted as shooting off its tail as a projectile, so Shed Tail seems very fitting.

Luthor

Plus now I think on it, given that if a Kantonian Slowbro loses its Shellder according to lore it should supposedly become a Slowpoke again (which presumably it would if it used Shed Tail). For that reason they might not give it to slowpoke.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Potential moves for Ceruledge and Armarouge respectively

Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Slash
Psycho Cut

Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon
Zap Cannon
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Child, imagine a Klawf with Baton Pass and Weakness Policy. Talk about OP. lol

I'm also thinking about having a Tera-Water Volt Absorb Jolteon with Rain Dance and Thunder. Its ability is often overlooked because, up to this point, it's been pretty much useless. I doubt anyone will remember. :cool:

Luthor

Name-Heracross
Moves- X-Scissor, Poison Jab & Drain Punch
Reason- Heracross is a pretty good Pokemon so it doesn't need too much but a few more options wouldn't hurt. X-Scissor gives it a more reliable option (but weaker) over megahorn, Poison Jab is to give it an option for Fairy types (plus it already gets Venoshock). and Drain Punch is to give it a healing move so it could be run a bit more defensively.

Tin-Tin-Alt

Since there are already rumors of datamines, here's a list of all the suggestions we've made in this thread so far:

Venusaur: Flower Shield.
Squirlte/Wartortle/Blastoise: Snipe Shot. Wave Crash, Zap Cannon.
Beedrill: Cross Poison.
Fearow: Slash.
Pikachu/Raichu: Knock Off.
Sandslash: Dire Claw
Igglybluff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff: Sweet Scent.
Parasect: Poison Jab.
Primeape: Lash Out.
Poliwrath: Flip Turn.
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel: Heal Bell
Tentacool, Tentacruel: Power Gem.
Golem: Shell Smash. Steel Roller.
Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking: Shed Tail.
Dewgong: Aurora Veil, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump, Iron Head,Recover.
Onix/Steelix: Body Press (Only Learn In Sw/Sh) Coil.Glare.
Cubone, Marowak, AlolanMarowak: Victory Dance,
Kantonian Marowak: HeadSmash, Ice Punch.
Alolan Marowak: Phantom Force.
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra: Snipe Shot.
Scyther, Scizor, Kleavor: Bug Bite. Fly. Victory Dance
Pinsir: Mega Horn.
Gyarados: Fly. Wave Crash.
Lapras: Shell Smash
Eevee: Veevee Volley. (Only LetsGo Move)
Vaporeon: Bouncy Bubble.
Jolteon: Buzzy Buzz.
Flareon: Sizzly Slide.
Aerodactyl: Brave Bird, Head Smash.

Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium: Cotton Guard
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr: Wave Crash.
Ledian: Cosmic Power, Foul Play, Iron Defense, Seismic Toss.
Xatu: Esper Wing
Soodowoodo: Iron Head
Politoed: Extrasensory
Espeon: Glitzy Glow. Power Gem,
Umbreon: Baddy Bad.
Galarian Slowking: Mystical Fire.
Forretress: Body Press. Shell Smash,
Dunsparce: Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang.
Heracross: Drain Punch. Posion Jab. X-Scizzor.
Sneasel/Weavile: Mountain Gale. Knock Off.
Teddiursa/Ursaring/Ursaluna: Cosmic Power
Remoraid/Octillery: Octolock. Snipe Shot,
Phanphy/Donphan: Watergun. (Egg Move Only in Gen 2). Steel Roller.
Lugia: Esper Wing. Silver Wind.

Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile: Shed Tail
Blaziken. Pyro Ball.
Migthyena: Psychic Fangs.
Linoone: Wild Charge.
Swellow: Dual Wingbeat, Esper Wing.
Shedinja: Shell Smash
Sableye: Phantom Force
Mawile: Jaw Lock.
Sharpedo: Fishious Rend. Jaw Lock.
Spinda: Superpower
Zangooze: Agility. Cross Poison. Cut. Dire Claw.
Banette: Bitter Malice
Dusclops/Dusknoir: Phantom Force
Snorunt/Glalie: Mega Horn. Mountain Gale.
Relicanth: Iron Head.
Salamence: Iron Head.
Regirock: Rock Wrecker.
Regice: Body Press.

Infernape: Pyro Ball.
Staraptor: Dual Wingbeat, Lash Out, Payback. Revenge, Smart Strike, Slash.
Bastiodon: Body Press, Foul Play, Night Shade, Recover, Wish.
Pachirisu: Stuff Cheeks.
Gastrodon: Gastro Acid.
Mismagius: Eerie Spell.
Skuntank. Dire Claw.
Garchomp: Acrobatics. Air Slash. Dragon Dance. Dual Wingbeat. Fly. Sky Attack. Steel Wing.
Carnivine: Snap Trap.
Snover/Abomasnow: Mountain Gale.
Electivire: Bulk Up.
Yanmega: Fly.
Leafeon: Sappy Seed.
Glaceon: Freezy Frost. Mountain Gale, Surf.
Gliscor: Crunch. Dire Claw. FLy.
Froslass: Mountain Gale. Perish Song,
Uxie: Blizzard. Power Gem.
Mexpist, Azelf: Power Gem.
Heatran: Scald.

Victini: Victory Dance
Serperior: Superpower
Emboar: Close Combat. Coaching.
Samurott: Shell Smash.
Stoutland: Double-Edge.
Musharna: Strange Steam.
Tranquill/Unfezant: Close Combat. Double-Edge. Double-Kick, Lash Out, Peck, Nasty Plot, Play Rough, Slash, Smart Strike, Wing Attack.
Zebstrika: High Horsepower, Lash Out, Rising Voltage, Thunder Cage, Triple Axel.
Swoobat: Esper Wing
Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile: Fake Tears. Jaw Lock.
Escavalier: Gyro Ball.
Hisuian Zoroark: Phantom Force
Swanna: Aqua Jet, Calm Mind, Dual Wingbeat, Esper Wing, Life Dew, Payback, Smart Strike,
Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus: Stone Axe.
Galarian Stunfisk: Gyro Ball. Play Rough. Psychic Fangs. Seed Bomb. Wild Charge.
Druddigon: Dire Claw.
Pawniard, Bisharp: Stone Axe.
Kyurem: Mountain Gale.

Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught: Drum Beating.
Delphox: Eerie Spell
Gogoat: Grassy Glide, Head Smash, Rock Wrecker.
Aegislash: Phantom Force
Swirlix, Slurpuff: Lick.
Dragalge: Petal Dance.
Heliolisk: Tri-Attack.
Aurorus: Power Gem.
Sylveon: Sparkly Swirl.
Dedenne: Recycle.
Noivern: Dragon Tail.

Dartrix, Decidueye: Curse.
Litten, Torracat, Incineroar: Dig.
Toucannon: Bolt Beak.Dual Wingbeat,
Gumshoos: Trump Card.
Crabominable: Ice Shard, Mach Punch. Mountian Gale,
Oricorio: Nasty Plot.
Lycanroc: Dig. Dire Claw
Wishiwashi: Wish.
Mareanie/Toxapex: Barb Barrage
Comfey: decorate.
Golisopod: Wave Crash
Minior: Meteor Beam.
Komala: Drum Beating.
Turtonator: Fire Punch.
Komoo-o: Victory Dance
Nihilego: Hypnosis, Mind Reader.
Magearna: Power Gem.

Scorbunny/Raboot: Pyro Ball.
Inteleon: Camouflage, Lock-On.
Greedent: Recycle
Dubwool: Explosion.
Applin: Apple Acid/Grav Apple.
Obstagoon: Wild Charge.
Sirfetchd: Slash
Frosmoth: Mountian Gale.
Stonjourner: Blaze Kick.
Zamazenta: Body Press.
Kubfu, Urshifu: Victory Dance.
Kleavor: Accelerock. Bulldoze. Cross Poison. Crunch. Iron Defense. Iron Head. Low Sweep. Lunge. Recover. RockPolish. Roost. Skitter Smack.
Basculegion: Hydro Pump. Phantom Force. Poltergeist.
Enamorus: Fly.

Sprigatito: Energy Ball.
Fuecoco: Fire Fang. Fire Punch. Flamethrower. Slash.
Quaxly: Surf.
Klawf: Baton Pass.
Armarouge: Aura Sphere. Flamethrower. FlashCannon. ShadowBall. Zap Cannon.
Ceruledge: Leaf Blade. Night Slash. Psycho Cut. Slash.
Cetitan: Body Press. Brine. Earthquake. Horn Drill. Ice Hammer. Icicle Crash. Icicle Spear. Water Spout.
Koraidon: Agility. Flame Wheel. Gear Grind. Gear Up. Psycho Shift.

Last edited:

Marzbar

Crobat: memento / parting shot
Umbreon: parting shot, scary face
Pinsir: lunge
Appletun: belly drum
Klefki: Gravity (needs a prankster setter)
Roserade: snarl, draining kiss, vacuum wave… heck just give it SOMETHING to use with its Technician ability and give it some niche purpose

Luthor

Name-Kabutops
Move-Earthquake & Bulldoze
Reason- Despite being a physical attacker it gets Earth Power but not earthquake. It does get dig so physical moves should be possible.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
speaking of movesets... will some of TMs and TRs in Sword and Shield be carried over to Scarlet and Violet or will they be revamped altogether? I hope some of them stays... there are few useful ones...