• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Movesets - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Tin-Tin-Alt

Every generation the pokemon of the previous generations have the potential to recieve updates to their existing movesets via move tutors, changes to breeding mechanics and changes to the available TM's.

What additions to the current Pokemon's movesets would you like to see in Generation 9?

Some ideas:

Blastoise: Zap Cannon.
Beedrill: Cross Poison.
Bellsprout line: Heal Bell.
Dewgong: Hydro Pump.
Chikorita line: Cotton Guard.
Espeon: Power Gem.
Lapras: Shell Smash.
Teddiursa line: Cosmic Power.
Lugia: Silver Wind.
Froslass: Perish Song.
Victini: Victory Dance.
Haxorus: Stone Axe.
Kyurem: Mountain Gale.
Dragalge: Petal Dance.
Oricorio: Nasty Plot.
Turtonator: Fire Punch.
Dubwool: Explosion.

Kangaflora

Would love Bellossom to learn Petal Blizzard and Politoed to learn Extrasensory.

Luthor

Bastiodon
Body Press
Foul Play
Night Shade
Recover/Wish

These above moves are chosen given its offensive stats are not great hence it getting 3 moves that don't rely on them. Recover/Wish helps it stick around to use them. Its needed something ever since it lost toxic.

Chris02

Name: Staraptor
Moves: Dual Wingbeat, and Lash Out
Reasons: As you all know, Staraptor is not in Sword/Shield, so it does not get to learn any of the moves from the TRs or the Isle of Armor move tutor. I think Staraptor should learn Dual Wingbeat and Lash Out. I think it should learn Dual Wingbeat because it learns Wing Attack, and it should be able to perform Dual Wingbeat as well. Another reason is the fact that most other winged Pokemon can learn Dual Wingbeat. I think Staraptor should learn Lash Out because in the Brilliant Diamond Pokedex entry, it says that Staraptor has a savage nature, and in the Platinum Pokedex entry, it says that Staraptor will not stop attacking even when it is injured.

Last edited:

Luthor

Onix & Steelix
Moves- Glare and Coil
Onix and Steelix are based on snakes and yet can't learn either of these two snake inspired moves Glare or Coil. I think giving them the moves would benefit both Pokemon and make them a bit more versatile. I'm sure they could both Coil up or Glare and it would make easy thematic sense.

Trillion

Onix & Steelix
Moves- Glare and Coil
Onix and Steelix are based on snakes and yet can't learn either of these two snake inspired moves Glare or Coil. I think giving them the moves would benefit both Pokemon and make them a bit more versatile. I'm sure they could both Coil up or Glare and it would make easy thematic sense.
coil would be great on steelix. the accuracy boost would make teaching it iron tail and stone edge safer, that's for sure

i could see remoraid and octillery getting snipe shot. the move fits them even more than inteleon tbh

and wave crash would be perfect for gyarados

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I actually want to see some moves return to some Pokémon. For example, Water Gun is an egg move for Phanpy but only in Crystal while moves such as String Shot, Sucker Punch and Twister are available by move tutor only in PtHGSS and Soft-Boiled is accessible to the Cleffa and Togepi lines only through Emerald. At this point it is very tedious to be transferring Pokémon through the generations.

Luthor

Serperior and Spinda
Move- Superpower
As contrary Pokemon it makes sense to give them access to some moves that lower their stats and make them more versatile. Serperior has only had leaf storm to take advantage and often has very little in terms of type coverage which holds it back a bit. Spinda used to get superpower via dream world but since that has closed its become hard to get one with a move to take advantage of its ability.

Tin-Tin-Alt

There are many physical ghost-type Pokemon that can't learn Phantom Force like AlolanMarowak, Sableye, Dusclops/Dusknoir, HisuianZoroark, Aegislash and Basculegion that could benefit from it.

Also, i would like for Gastrodon to learn Gastro Acid for obvious reasons.