• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Movesets - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Unfezant line
Moves: Double Kick (Tranquill and Unfezant only), Close Combat (Unfezant only), Wing Attack, Peck, Nasty Plot (to help with the line learning mostly special moves), Play Rough, just any strong physical attacks. Smart Strike and Lash Out too because pheasants are aggressive.
Staraptor
Moves: Revenge, Lash Out, Smart Strike, and Payback because of its aggressive nature, since from the dex entry mentioned, it sounds like Staraptor will fight even to the point of it dying or being severely injured (this is very true with many raptor birds as they will fight to their deaths against other competing predators).
Zebstrika line
Moves: Rising Voltage, Thunder Cage, and Lash Out and Triple Axel
Swanna line
Moves: Calm Mind, Life Dew, Dual Wingbeat, Aqua Jet, Smart Strike, and Payback. Calm Mind because swans are seen as a peace symbol. Smart Strike and Payback and possibly Revenge because swans are known to be super aggressive and territorial and like the raptors on which Staraptor is based on will fight til death. Could also see Swanna in particular learning Esper Wing.
Toucannon
Moves: Dual Wingbeat and Bolt Beak. Bolt Beak well look at the size of its beak. Dual Wingbeat because well other Flying types learn it.
Swellow line
Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Esper Wing. If they don't learn it already Brave Bird.

Bolt Beak Toucannon is too good....

raichu27

I would love to see:

Espeon: Power Gem
Azelf/Mespirt/Uxie: Power Gem
Magearna: Power Gem
Heatran: Scald (Hot pipes can shoot steam)
Tentacool/Tentacruel: Power Gem
Aurorus: Power Gem (Has higher special attack)
Swirlx/Slurpuff: Lick (seen it lick in the anime)
Onix/Steelix: Coil
Lycanroc: Dig
Litten evolution line: Dig (since Meowth can learn it, since Gen. 3)
Electivire: Bulk Up

Those are the ones that come to mind. A damaging Steel move that has a chance to burn an opponent would be nice to see, too.

Luthor

Galarian Stunfisk
Moves-Gyro Ball/Iron Head, Play Rough, Wild Charge, Psychic Fangs, Seed Bomb
Gyro ball is pretty easy to explain- it needs a good steel STAB move (its best is currently metal claw), Iron head could also work but given its lack of speed Gyro ball seems fun.
Play Rough, Wild Charge, Psychic Fangs, Seed Bomb probably all seem much more random and in a way they are however these are 4 Physical moves it should get due to its ability Mimicry. Play Rough is for Misty terrain (when its a fairy type), Wild Charge for Electric terrain(when its an electric type) Psychic Fangs is for Psychic Terrain (when its a Psychic type) and Seed Bomb for Grassy Terrain (when its a grass type). I tried to pick 4 moves that seem plausible for it so it can actually be good with its ability. Seed bomb is probably the least fitting but given the number of non grass types that can learn it its seems possible,

Last edited:

Chris02

Name: Emboar
Moves: Close Combat, and Coaching
Reasons: I think Emboar should learn Close Combat and Coaching. My reason for Close Combat is that the White Pokedex entry states that Emboar has mastered fast and strong fighting moves. Emboar can learn Hammer Arm, Arm Thrust, Superpower, Focus Punch, Brick Break, Low Sweep, and Low Kick, but not Close Combat. Another reason is that there are other Fighting-type Pokemon from previous generations that couldn't learn Close Combat but now could in Sword/Shield. Three examples of these Pokemon are Poliwrath, Scrafty, and Bewear. My reason for Coaching is that the Black Pokedex entry states that Emboar cares deeply about its friends. Also, there are a lot of Fighting-type Pokemon that can learn Coaching.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Name: Emboar
Moves: Close Combat, and Coaching
Reasons: I think Emboar should learn Close Combat and Coaching. My reason for Close Combat is that the White Pokedex entry states that Emboar has mastered fast and strong fighting moves. Emboar can learn Hammer Arm, Arm Thrust, Superpower, Focus Punch, Brick Break, Low Sweep, and Low Kick, but not Close Combat. Another reason is that there are other Fighting-type Pokemon from previous generations that couldn't learn Close Combat but now could in Sword/Shield. Three examples of these Pokemon are Poliwrath, Scrafty, and Bewear. My reason for Coaching is that the Black Pokedex entry states that Emboar cares deeply about its friends. Also, there are a lot of Fighting-type Pokemon that can learn Coaching.
Coaching makes sense as it is sort of based on a wrestler and Emboar does seem to look like the type of Pokémon that will train other Pokémon how to fight.

Kangaflora

One move I would like to see is a new move called Confusion Punch.

Type: Psychic (Fighting if used against a Dark type)
Stat: Physical
PP: 20
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%

If used against a Dark type, the move becomes a Fighting type move. It may also leave the target Confused.

Basically a powered up replacement for Dizzy Punch.

Orphalesion

I want a new Fairy move. I dont mind if its special or physical
Something with hearts will be super cool.. like Sailor Moon style
We desperately need more physical fairy moves. Galarian Rapidash, in addition to having a typing that was too common to let it stand out, basically had nothing except Play Rough! (and Psycho Cut, but that's not Fairy typed)

Tin-Tin-Alt

What about the Let's Go Eevee's signature moves for the eeveelutions:

Vaporeon: Bouncy Bubble.
Jolteon: Buzzy Buzz.
Flareon: Sizzly Slide.
Espeon: Glitzy Glow.
Umbreon: Baddy Bad.
Leafeon: Sappy Seed.
Glaceon: Freezy Frost.
Sylveon: Sparkly Swirl.

and obviously, Veevee Volley for Eevee.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
One move I would like to see is a new move called Confusion Punch.

Type: Psychic (Fighting if used against a Dark type)
Stat: Physical
PP: 20
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%

If used against a Dark type, the move becomes a Fighting type move. It may also leave the target Confused.

Basically a powered up replacement for Dizzy Punch.
The problem with a move like this is that Dynamic Punch exists. I know it only has 50% accuracy but it has the same effect as what you’re proposing.

ShadowForce720

The problem with a move like this is that Dynamic Punch exists. I know it only has 50% accuracy but it has the same effect as what you’re proposing.
I mean to be fair the move Kangaflora is suggesting also has the advantage that when it’s used against Dark type Pokémon it becomes a Fighting type move. This basically means that an opponent can just switch in a Pokémon that is immune to the move unlike Dynamic Punch which Ghost type Pokémon are able to switch in to.

Sure maybe if Dynamic punch had been 70% or 75% accurate I could see it, but in all honesty with what they described and considering that Dynamic Punch while more powerful in terms of power is only 50% accurate and can easily be walled by Ghost types Confusion Punch seems like the better move.

Orphalesion

What about the Let's Go Eevee's signature moves for the eeveelutions:

Vaporeon: Bouncy Bubble.
Jolteon: Buzzy Buzz.
Flareon: Sizzly Slide.
Espeon: Glitzy Glow.
Umbreon: Baddy Bad.
Leafeon: Sappy Seed.
Glaceon: Freezy Frost.
Sylveon: Sparkly Swirl.

and obviously, Veevee Volley for Eevee.
Who named those moves, Dr. Seus?

Tin-Tin-Alt

Yes, Baddy Bad sounds ridiculous, even for me since english is not my native language, but there are real moves.
In Spanish, the move is called Umbreozona, something like Umbreon Zone or Shady/Dark Zone, it's a wordplay.

It's weird how different the translations are.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Yes, Baddy Bad sounds ridiculous, even for me since english is not my native language, but there are real moves.
In Spanish, the move is called Umbreozona, something like Umbreon Zone or Shady/Dark Zone, it's a wordplay.

It's weird how different the translations are.

yeah I know,if I had thought you made them up I would have been nicer about it :p

But they all sound ridiculous, the only one that kinda works is "Sparkly Swirl"

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
yeah I know,if I had thought you made them up I would have been nicer about it :p

But they all sound ridiculous, the only one that kinda works is "Sparkly Swirl"
The only reason that one works is because it’s a fairy type move.

I also wonder why they never gifted both Partner Pokémon for linking a Let’s Go game. But they are now lost to the past like Cosplay Pikachu and Spiky-eared Pichu.

Orphalesion

The only reason that one works is because it’s a fairy type move.

I also wonder why they never gifted both Partner Pokémon for linking a Let’s Go game. But they are now lost to the past like Cosplay Pikachu and Spiky-eared Pichu.

Those cosplay Pikachus were hideous!

Orphalesion

I strongly disagree. Pop Star Pikachu was very cute, and Pikachu Belle was especially beautiful
You mean the ones that look like a hooker and her madam? (I am only making a joke about two cartoon animals in clothes here, nobody else)
All except Rock Star Pikachu visually.
I admit, that one was the least hideous. I think the whole thing with the clothes and wigs and accessories and what looked like freaking mascara just anthropomorphized them too much for me. They looked like characters from a cartoon spin-off where a whole bunch of human-like Pikachus live together in a village or something.

Last edited:

Luthor

Inteleon
Moves-any fighting move, Camouflage and Lock-on.
Reasons-
any fighting moves-Inteleon is supposed to be based on spies and a lot of spies in media are good at fighting.
Camouflage- Its partially based on a Spy and a chameleon. Both seems like it should camouflage.
Lock-On- Its based on a sniper so a move like lock-on seems to suit it well.