• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Movesets - Discussion/Speculation Thread

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Actually, Flying Press was on Pikachu Libre. Rock Star Pikachu had Meteor Mash, if memory serves me right.
I should have been more clear. It was two statements. Rock Star Pikachu looked the best while Pikachu Libre was the most useful.

Tin-Tin-Alt

I thought that Gyarados could already learn Fly in Gen 8.
Other users could be Garchomp, Yanmega and Enamorus.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
If Gogoat returns, I'd like it to get Grassy Glide to utilize its Grassy Terrain usage more. As well as Rock Wrecker or Head Smash for coverage.

Ability: Grass Pelt

Moves:

Grassy Terrain
Grassy Glide
Horn Leech
Head Smash/Rock Wrecker

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
You know what, if the Applin line returns, I think it would be great to have Grav Apple and Apple Acid as egg moves for Applin.

If not just to give it some more attack options to use just the way it is.

falconlord

I'm gonna put fake!money down on Fuecoco being a physical type attacker.

And if they are, I want them to learn Fire Punch naturally. No Flare Blitz!

Luthor

Galarian Slowking
Moves-Mystical Fire
Its partially inspired by a Warlock/Sorcerer/Wizard. This is one more for thematic reasons than for a move it would really need but its This move just seems logical and Slowking can already learn fire moves.

Chris02

Name: Primeape
Move: Lash Out
Reason: The reason I think Primeape should learn Lash Out is that Lash Out is a move in which the user lashes out at the target in frustration. Primeape is described as an easily angered Pokemon. Some Pokedex entries state that Primeape will get angry if you even make eye contact with it. Primeape is also known to chase its target even if it just woke up. The Ultra Sun Pokedex entry states that even after Primeape beats its opponents up, it still won't ever forgive opponents that angered it. The Ultra Moon Pokedex entry states that Primeape has sturdy blood vessels in its brain, so it can stay healthy despite constant raging.

Luthor

Onix, Zamazenta, Regice, Forretress
Move-Body Press
Reason- These Pokemon are supposed to be defensive and I think all 4 should have easy access to it as it allows them to focus on their defence. Regice currently has to rely on physical moves (which it isn't good at) or focus blast. Zamazenta is the more defensive Pokemon of its duo and yet doesn't get access to the move that suits its ability. Onix and Forretress are just typical defensive Pokemon and would help (Onix has had Body Press by TR only in Sword and Shiled but didn't get it in BDSP)

Tin-Tin-Alt

I still don't understand why Noivern can't learn Dragon Tail.

Some Ideas:

Venusaur: Flower Shield.
Igglybluff Line: Sweet Scent (Dex Description)
Regirock: Rock Wrecker.
Uxie: Blizzard. (Lives in a Cold Area, and Mexprist can use it).
Sandile Line: Fake Tears. (For the proverb).
Heliolisk: Tri-Attack.
Gumshoos: Trump Card. xD
Wishiwashi: Wish.
Nihilego: Hypnosis, Mind Reader (like the recent Shiny Nihilego in Anime).
Dragapult: Spirit Shackle.

Chris02

Name: Dewgong
Move: Iron Head
Reasons: I think Dewgong should learn Iron Head. One of my reasons is that I noticed that Dewgong can learn Headbutt, Iron Tail, and Smart Strike, but not Iron Head. Another reason is that there are other Ice Pokemon that are not part Steel that are capable of learning Iron Head. Some examples of these Pokemon are Lapras, Glalie, Walrein, Mamoswine, Galarian Darmanitan, Avalugg, and Arctovish.

Luthor

Speaking of Dewgong

Dewgong
Moves: Aurora Veil, Calm mind & Recover
Reason: Given that its a defensive Ice Pokemon these moves are to give it a chance to increase its defensive potential. It already gets aurora beam so its makes sense for it to get Aurora Veil. Calm mind is to give it chance to buff itself. Recover is to help it stick around.

Last edited:

Chris02

Name: Mightyena
Move: Psychic Fangs
Reasons: I think Mightyena should learn Psychic Fangs because Mightyena is classified as the Bite Pokemon in its Pokedex entries. Also, Mightyena is capable of learning a variety of biting moves: Bite, Crunch, the Elemental Fangs, and Poison Fang. Another reason is that there are other Pokemon that are not Psychic-type that are capable of learning Psychic Fangs. Examples of these Pokemon include Arcanine, Aerodactyl, Manectric, Luxray, Stoutland, Tyrantrum, all Lycanroc forms, and Boltund.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Name: Mightyena
Move: Psychic Fangs
Reasons: I think Mightyena should learn Psychic Fangs because Mightyena is classified as the Bite Pokemon in its Pokedex entries. Also, Mightyena is capable of learning a variety of biting moves: Bite, Crunch, the Elemental Fangs, and Poison Fang. Another reason is that there are other Pokemon that are not Psychic-type that are capable of learning Psychic Fangs. Examples of these Pokemon include Arcanine, Aerodactyl, Manectric, Luxray, Stoutland, Tyrantrum, all Lycanroc forms, and Boltund.
Also give it a good counter to fighting types.

Luthor

Name: Glaceon
Move: Surf
Reason: Glaceon can already learn Water Pulse in certain games but given water pulse isn't always available (and is quite weak). Surf is a more common reliable option and now its not a HM move they could. Water type moves are useful for Glaceon as it covers its weakness to rock and fire type. In general I want buffs to most of the eeveelutions.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Just out of curiosity, do you think some Signature Moves will be passed onto newer Pokemon in the Gen

For example Incineroar and Primarina had DD Lariat and Sparkling Aria passed onto other Pokemon in SWSH

Tho Decidueye's Spirit Shackle remained exclusive to it

Will the same happen to the Galar Starters?

I can definitely see Inteleon's Snipe Shot being passed onto Octillery and Kingdra (and they both have Sniper as their hidden ability too) and maybe a few other Water Types like Blastoise, etc...

I can see Cinderace's Pyro Ball going to other Fire Types such as Blaziken and Infernape (IF they make it into SV)

Rillaboom's Drum Beating is the one that I am unsure about. Considering you know, Drums are required for this move lol
I can't see any other Pokemon getting it

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
For other potential signature moves "demotes", Fishious Rend could potentially go onto predatory fish-like Pokemon (e.g: Sharpedo) while Spirit Break could go onto Pokemon that the move themically fits. False Surrender likely will remain exclusive to Mogrem/Grimmsnarl based on the move's description, Bolt Beak is a bit easier though it require a beak-like part an and Electri-type

Bus

I'm gonna put fake!money down on Fuecoco being a physical type attacker.

And if they are, I want them to learn Fire Punch naturally. No Flare Blitz!
Personally, I'll take a new physical Fire and Electric move that doesn't self harm. I mean, both categories have what, the Elemental Punches and then nothing until self harming Wild Charge & Flare Blitz right? Can't their be a physical version of Flamethrower and Thunderbolt for them?

Luthor

For other potential signature moves "demotes", Fishious Rend could potentially go onto predatory fish-like Pokemon (e.g: Sharpedo) while Spirit Break could go onto Pokemon that the move themically fits. False Surrender likely will remain exclusive to Mogrem/Grimmsnarl based on the move's description, Bolt Beak is a bit easier though it require a beak-like part an and Electri-type

I actually hope they don't with either Bolt Beak or Fishious Rend. Not because it wouldn't make sense but to be honest those are moves that could easily become overpowered in the wrong hands (look at Dracovish and its not even that fast imagine Mega Sharpedo if that were to return). I'd keep those as the signature moves for now (at least until there's a few more strong counters for them).

If we're looking at a former signature move to become more readily available I'd say Accelerock which could potentially go onto any rock type they want to be able to move fast its not overly powerful and there's no particular requirements description wise.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just out of curiosity, do you think some Signature Moves will be passed onto newer Pokemon in the Gen

For example Incineroar and Primarina had DD Lariat and Sparkling Aria passed onto other Pokemon in SWSH

Tho Decidueye's Spirit Shackle remained exclusive to it

Will the same happen to the Galar Starters?

I can definitely see Inteleon's Snipe Shot being passed onto Octillery and Kingdra (and they both have Sniper as their hidden ability too) and maybe a few other Water Types like Blastoise, etc...

I can see Cinderace's Pyro Ball going to other Fire Types such as Blaziken and Infernape (IF they make it into SV)

Rillaboom's Drum Beating is the one that I am unsure about. Considering you know, Drums are required for this move lol
I can't see any other Pokemon getting it
I think they will too. Moves like Jaw Lock, Magic Powder, & Octolock could be distributed to a decent amount of Pokémon.
Bolt Beak Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain with base 115 Atk & 130 Speed sounds like a nightmare.