• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New numbering system?

PearlDex

Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that there IS or even WILL BE a new numbering system (we all know it will be the same as before in D/P), just asking if you think there should be one. The Kantodex was nice and simple. Oddish-Gloom-Vileplume. But now, in the Johtodex is Bellosom. Do you think the numbers should be rearranged to reflect this?

Oddish-Gloom-Vilemplume-Bellosome ... obviously in Bellosom's case there is no way to properly reflect that Bellosome is an alternate evolution, but I think this system makes sense. And for legendaries and allededly one-of-a-kind pokemon, they should all be put together at the end of the pokedex... and Mew should come before Mewtwo (in my opinion). I do think that it should be done by moving as few pokemon around as possible (I've gotten real familiar with the pokedex).

Zubat-Golbat-Crobat Elekid-Electabuzz-Elekible
Scyther-Scizor Eevee-Vaporeon-Jolteon-Flareon-Unbreon-Espeon

It makes sense to me. Don't know about anyone else.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
No, they shouldn't. While the pokedex does help people to find out about evolution, it can still stay the same. Look at the hoenn dex.

S

Shuckle

Well, if you mean national-dex wise, I would have to say no. Yes, it is a tad confusing that we have GLoom, then a large ammount of pokemon before we reahc Belossom, but it'd be even MORE confusing for them to re arrange the entire pokedex. Or have I misinterpreted what you've just said? :D

b_m

Obviously, the Shinou Dex will be laid out differently, but the National Dex will likely stay the same.

PearlDex

No, you understood what I meant. Rearranging the nationaldex to put all the evolutions of pokemon together.

EDIT: I know the national dex in D/P will be the same, I'm asking if you think it should be changed, though.

Shinin

Minimalist
They should keep the National Dex the same (aside from the addition of the new pokemon, of course) and have a Shinou Dex similar to the Hoenn Dex with only the pokemon found in Diamond and Pearl in it.

b_m

No, you understood what I meant. Rearranging the nationaldex to put all the evolutions of pokemon together.

EDIT: I know the national dex in D/P will be the same, I'm asking if you think it should be changed, though.
Oh. Then no.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Nationaldex is pretty much the same since we have official nationaldex numbers for the starters and mukkuru. 387, 390, 393 and 396 respectively. Only thing that'll change is the number on the Shinoudex which in this case will read 001, 004. 007 and 010.

LX

PearlDex

One last time, then I will stop posting this:

I know the NationalDex IS the same. I'm asking if you think it should be changed.

Once more, it IS the same.

Josiah

is your favorite
i think they should put old pokemon by their newest form in the national dex-leave the rest the same