• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NEW Official Wireless Adapter and Related Features (Mystery Gift, etc.) Thread!

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
ijea4444 said:
do u know the process because it seems unbelieveable
The process that allows you to transfer pokemon?
well... since it was first released, The DS was announced that the game boy advance slot could be used in conjunction with ds games with various adaptors that could be developed in the future. Currently they have rumble packs in the design of a gba cartridge that can be inserted to have rumble in DS games. All that has to be done is that the DS game itself has a function that can "call" to the GBA slot to perform a specified task. So all that the DS games would have to do is have a "call" function that would check the GBA slot for a pokemon game and upload the pokemon to it... i'm guessing/hoping for something maybe like pokemon box.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
^ To add to the above, and like I said before, the Pokemon "Mysterious Dungeon" games already use that feature, so it IS true. There is one MS game for the DS, and one for the GBA.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Yes, either that or Serebii (or whoever wrote the page) used Photoshop to stick more people in the room. :p

Point is, when you're playing the game, the only other people in the Union Room will be people that are playing their games close enough to you.

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
TRJessie579 said:
Point is, when you're playing the game, the only other people in the Union Room will be people that are playing their games close enough to you.
I'd like to add that the location of the people you see in your Union Room does not represent where these same people see themselves in their Union Rooms. As a result, you may receive chat requests when there are no sprites anywhere near you, and people who enter the Union Room appear to drop from the ceiling onto random spots on the floor and appear to fly into the sky when they leave. It's rather disorienting.

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
GodFather said:
i find it stupid that they did Mystery gift away it was good because ppl in other countrys cant go to wonderspot's because they havent events in their country , so it would be good that D/P would have mystery gift and that we could use it between them

( i live in Belgium and i really want a Jirachi / Celebi / Deoxys / Mew and the 2 legendarys bird's but i cant have them because we dont have Nintendo events here :( )
I live in the Netherlands (the land next to it) and for Jirachi you could have buyed pokemon channel, Deoxys you could send ur game to nintendo with a magazine called "jetix magazine", for Ho-oh finish Colleseum game,for Lugia finish XD. that's how i got them

i really like the wireless adapter and so do my friends im hoping in D/P you get to be able to trade pokemon with other ppl worldwide.

Mr. Bikini fan

I love Dratini's :D
You can only do wireless compability on GBA if your read the rules the mod put OR in the game box (Check at back) It says the DS is not complicated with the GBA in wireless routes so you can't wirelessly do it on DS to GBA, i tried it and it didn't work, so in wireless it can work for colosseum to gba as well TRJessie579, did you forget to put that down?

I really like the wireless adapter, i can now face my freind in a pokemon battle without my broken link cable. i also like making fun of my freiend in the union room lol.

N

Natsume_fan

not sure if this was asked, so please bear with me. i'm new to this site.

for the union room; is their a way to know/determine what skin you will be?
and is it possible to look like a gym leader or rocket member?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Natsume_fan said:
not sure if this was asked, so please bear with me. i'm new to this site.

for the union room; is their a way to know/determine what skin you will be?
and is it possible to look like a gym leader or rocket member?
PokeFor had the only online calculator I know of, but they went down some time ago. You can try MetalKid's Pokemon Program:

http://www.metalkid.org

You'll need to install the whole package, but in its wealth of information and tools is a calculator to determine what your Union Room avatar will be. And, no, you can't be a Gym Leader or Rocket member. They are all types of trainers you encounter multiple times in the field, like Youngster, Lass, and Psychic.

N

Natsume_fan

Whompithian said:
PokeFor had the only online calculator I know of, but they went down some time ago. You can try MetalKid's Pokemon Program:

http://www.metalkid.org

You'll need to install the whole package, but in its wealth of information and tools is a calculator to determine what your Union Room avatar will be. And, no, you can't be a Gym Leader or Rocket member. They are all types of trainers you encounter multiple times in the field, like Youngster, Lass, and Psychic.

oh thank you so much, i'll give this a try right now

Prof. 9

I've got a question.

When you put the Wireless Adapter and a Game Pak in your GBA, switch it on, and hold START and SELECT, the "Nintendo" will dissappear, and come back. Then, a menu will open up, where you have to choose a language. When you did this, your GBA will sart searching for something. What is the purpose of this?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Prof. 9 said:
I've got a question.

When you put the Wireless Adapter and a Game Pak in your GBA, switch it on, and hold START and SELECT, the "Nintendo" will dissappear, and come back. Then, a menu will open up, where you have to choose a language. When you did this, your GBA will sart searching for something. What is the purpose of this?
This is for games that allow multiplayer games to be played from a single game pak using the Wireless Adapter. Someone starts the multiplayer game from their pak, then everyone else goes into that menu to locates and connects to that game. I don't know what games use this feature, though.

corsolakid

ima gonna smile now!
whats the highest lvl to battle with in the union room?

level 30, any higer than that and it won't let you battle.

corsolakid ;222;

N

Natsume_fan

corsolakid said:
level 30, any higer than that and it won't let you battle.

corsolakid ;222;

oh ok i thought it was 20. that helps a lot.

E

exgamin

changing topin a lil but i have 2 GBA's and 2 wireless adaptors and i want to get stuff like mystic ticket/aurora ticket/sea chart. First is this ticket an object in real life and are they available to buy on the net? or anything different?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
exgamin said:
changing topin a lil but i have 2 GBA's and 2 wireless adaptors and i want to get stuff like mystic ticket/aurora ticket/sea chart. First is this ticket an object in real life and are they available to buy on the net? or anything different?
These tickets are transfered into your game by Nintendo using a machine called a Wonderspot, which is a device that broadcasts a signal to a GBA through the Wireless Adapter and unlocks a specific ticket in a Pokemon game. Nintendo maintains custody of all Wonderspots, so they cannot be purchased off of eBay. Also, unlike the Eon Ticket, these tickets cannot be duplicated or transfered from one game to another.

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
exgamin said:
what does a wonderspot look like? i kno its quite stupid
I don't know. Nintendo always hides the actual machine behind some sort of facade. When I went to Pokemon Rocks America '04 they had them hidden under tables covered with red tablecloths. They can be placed inside other fixtures, as well, such as the the GameCube demo stations.