• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NEW Official Wireless Adapter and Related Features (Mystery Gift, etc.) Thread!

Starfishy-chan

Ghost Trainer
Wait, hang on...So you can't use the Wireless Adapater with Ruby/Sapphire? D: How would you trade between Fire Red and Ruby, or Emerald and Ruby for that matter?

zcr7

Be Happy. Be Smart.
Sorry if all this was asked before^^;;

But, I have many questions, brace yourself.

1. Okay, first of all, I noticed alot of people have Mew, Deoxy's, and all those special event pokemon. I'm desperate, and I have no idea where I could find a Wonderspot, since I could not make it to the events. I saw once on a FAQ, that Nintendo has placed some Wonderspots in stores, and if your lucky, you can connect to them selecting "Wonder Cards" and then Wireless Communication. And you may recieve the ticket, but, can someone confirm this for me?

2. I also noticed the "Friend option of Mystery Gift, and a FAQ said that all you need to do is communicate with someone who has the ticket be selecting "Friend" and you will also get the ticket, that's how he got the different pokemon such as Lugia, Ho-OH, Deoxys, ect. Can someone confirm this too?

3. The most puzzling thing to me, Altering Cave. I recently only found Zubat, and I checked your site, and it shows me all these cool pokemon, and I'm wondering, "Wha?!" How do you get them, and your site says that the Mystery Gift has something to do with it. Has anyone ever gotten these pokemon in the Altering cave in FR/LG before? And if you did, how?

That's all for now, thanks:)

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
1. Well... what you are noticing is cheaters... Mew cannot be obtained legally in Any country but japan. Deoxys is similar but a lil more readily available. Ho-Oh/lugia are available in colosseum/XD and jirachi by either colosseum pre-order or PAL version of pokemon channel. Celebi is available in the japanese colosseum pre-order or USA journey across america tour, or the more rare (rarer than a shiny or missingno) celebi glitch in ruby/saphire (I believe some people have encountered this but Most people use this as a way of masking cheating).

2. What you are refering to is pretty much a limited thing and Is done via record mixing.... the only ticket i know of that works like this is the ticket that takes you to get the other Lati@s. Also... the ticket for the other Lati@s has a set number of times that you can mix records to get it.

3. Altering cave Can only have zubats in it currently..... Some method of changing the pokemon in the cave was initially supposed to do this but currently there is no known way to legally change the pokemon. Some people think that there is a possibilty that the new diamond/pearl games may have the trigger in it.

zcr7

Be Happy. Be Smart.
Thank you very much. I saw that the Nintendo Tour already passed where I live, and I do not like cheating, it messes up your game and makes you feel stupid. Is there possibly any way, to get Deoxys without cheating even though the tour has passed by?

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
zcr7 said:
Thank you very much. I saw that the Nintendo Tour already passed where I live, and I do not like cheating, it messes up your game and makes you feel stupid. Is there possibly any way, to get Deoxys without cheating even though the tour has passed by?
Don't believe so... check pokemon.com regularly for tours
Houston space center was doing it for a while but it ended like 2 months ago i believe

zcr7

Be Happy. Be Smart.
Aww.

I can get every pokemon except Mew, Deoxys, Celebi then.

Man, I don't like cheating, I'll wait for times.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
zcr7 said:
Aww.

I have every pokemon besides mew, celebi, deoxys, and lugia.
I don't look at is a disappointment but as a feet that I have achieved so many pokemon without cheating.

zcr7

Be Happy. Be Smart.
Awesome. Great job, maybe one day we'll have the chance.

Powerful_Blaziken88

zcr7 said:
Aww.

Only problem is it might be a long time before they have another event, and even if they do, They might move on to giving out something else.
I can't tell you what to do, but if I were you, I'd go ahead and cheat. Action replay is safe as long as you input the code correctly.
Actually, as I view it, these pokémon who can only be obtained from events are only asking people to cheat. Cheating's technically illegal, so you'd think Nintendo would do something to prevent us from cheating. Instead, they're only asking us to do something they dislike with their event pokémon.

Kosmo

Resident Jesus Freak
Are the tickets for LG/FR keyitems or can they be attached to pokemon and traded?

Rozureido

Poké Girl
me and my friend both have one of those wireless adapter's but when we try to trade with them they dont work =\ ow btw does anyone know if there is a cable u can for DS to trade pokemon with another DS? and i heard with the new pokemon games u can trade with fire red and those other games but how?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Rozureido said:
me and my friend both have one of those wireless adapter's but when we try to trade with them they dont work =\ ow btw does anyone know if there is a cable u can for DS to trade pokemon with another DS? and i heard with the new pokemon games u can trade with fire red and those other games but how?
Are you and your friend both playing FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald? Those are the only three games the Wireless Adapter works with. Also, some GBAs have faulty link ports so the extra contacts required to utilize the Wireless Adapter may just not work on one or both of your GBAs.

There is no way to trade between 3rd Generation Pokemon games using Nintendo DS. The games were not designed to use the linking capabilities of the DS and there are no applications for the DS that are capable of creating a link for you.

If you mean that Diamond and Pearl are supposed to be able to trade with FireRed and LeafGreen, this is true. You need to have your Diamond/Pearl game in the DS's main game slot and your 3rd-Gen Pokemon game in the DS's GBA slot. You start up your Diamond/Pearl game and you will be able to do all of the trading functions from within there. But, you will not be able to place any 4th-Gen Pokemon on your 3rd-Gen game.

Rozureido

Poké Girl
Whompithian said:
Are you and your friend both playing FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald? Those are the only three games the Wireless Adapter works with. Also, some GBAs have faulty link ports so the extra contacts required to utilize the Wireless Adapter may just not work on one or both of your GBAs.

There is no way to trade between 3rd Generation Pokemon games using Nintendo DS. The games were not designed to use the linking capabilities of the DS and there are no applications for the DS that are capable of creating a link for you.

If you mean that Diamond and Pearl are supposed to be able to trade with FireRed and LeafGreen, this is true. You need to have your Diamond/Pearl game in the DS's main game slot and your 3rd-Gen Pokemon game in the DS's GBA slot. You start up your Diamond/Pearl game and you will be able to do all of the trading functions from within there. But, you will not be able to place any 4th-Gen Pokemon on your 3rd-Gen game.

Okay thank you for the info :)

-tetris-

Hey if I have the adapter for Emerald and the nintendo wi-fi USB adapter for my comp could i potentially battle online?

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
Hey if I have the adapter for Emerald and the nintendo wi-fi USB adapter for my comp could i potentially battle online?
No, they aren't compatible. The USB Wi-Fi adapter uses the 802.11b wireless communication standard, but the GBA Wireless Adapter uses some proprietary RF protocol. That's why the GBA can't use its Wireless Adapter to communicate with the DS, either.

Last edited: