• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NEW Official Wireless Adapter and Related Features (Mystery Gift, etc.) Thread!

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
IMO GF missed out on a big chance to utilize the wireless adapter,because instead couldnt they have made the wireless adapter a worldwide Wi-fi adapter,my reason for saying this is that this could have helped people like me(without nintendo events) get event pokemon and test thier pokemon teams against other players,I dont see their logic,because if it was a wi-fi,it would have gained more popularity from pokemon fans,to them it seemed like just another link cable only without the cable =/
That wouldn't have worked. The GBA is not capable of communicating with Wi-Fi hardware, so it doesn't matter how the Wireless Adapter was designed, it couldn't have been made compatible with Wi-Fi. The closest Game Freak could have come to Wi-Fi support would be to make a USB adapter that could communicate with the Wireless Adapter, then provide software with it that would allow two computers with the software on them to link together and form a network bridge over which a trade could be made from one GBA to another. That solution is not nearly as eloquent or convenient as Wi-Fi, and would not have been nearly popular enough to recoup the costs of developing the new hardware and the software for Windows '98, Windows XP, Mac OS X and Linux. The price for the consumer would also be an issue at that point. With so few players actually using that service, it would still be difficult to connect with someone to make a trade. Besides, with true Wi-Fi support in Diamond and Pearl, Nintendo stand to profit greatly as Pokemon players who haven't already purchased a DS are driven to purchase one.

Metagross

mystery gift doesn't work in game,what a pity.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
So far I believe it does absolutely nothing. ;_;

Goldliop

Powerplay Champion
wonder news... that was supposed to change the pkmn in altering cave,
or was that wonder spots...
WHAT WAS THE POINT OF CALLING THEM WONDER???
they're more like mystery spots...
all i know
is that they loaded a wonder somethin onto my gba and i could catch ho-oh and Lugia...

Pokemonger49777

IT'S ASHER JESUS!!!
Where can you find a wonderspot?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Short answer: You don't.

They can only be found at Nintendo events where they give Pokemon away, like Pokemon Rocks America, Journey Across America, stuff like that. You can keep checking www.pokemon.com to see if any more events are going to happen, but there aren't any going on right now.

~Bent~

awhups
Theoretically, one could write a program that would simulate a Wonder Spot (that is, if the ones at the events were just Game Boy Players with Wireless Adapters attached). 'Course, it'd be nigh impossible to reverse-write a program from FR/LG/Em's Mystery Gift...

icyjirachi

how to trade from GBA pokemon cartrages to DS cartrages using dual slot (are u going to play them at the same time WT)?

~Bent~

awhups
how to trade from GBA pokemon cartrages to DS cartrages using dual slot (are u going to play them at the same time WT)?
You don't play them both at the same time. Rather, you play the DS cart, which senses the Pokemon on the GBA cart and automatically moves them (similar to Pokemon Box).

AsiaMania

Master of Pokemon
Hey I hqve a question: I do have the aurora ticket on my fire red game. Isn´t there really no way to transfer that ticket to my emerald game? And if that isn´t possible, why the hell did nintendo made an option called
´friends` ?

Last edited:

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
There's no way to transfer any of the tickets besides the Eon Ticket. Maybe they were going to make it possible and then decided against it, or there was some other feature that was going to be used for the other Mystery Gift options that was scrapped.

Dark_style

Washu's Lover
I admit it kinda surprises me (and annoys me too) that DS's wireless is not the same as GBA's, plus, we can't trade GBA poke-to-poke using multiple DSes.... what can I say, Pokemon is a Nintendo franchise, whyever the heck they limit their own stuff?

I'll be waiting and seeing how the DS/GBA poke-trading goes. Anything unsatisfactory and I guess I'll call it quits.

So, then how do you trade?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
You need to use two GBAs to trade between 3rd gen games, you can't use a DS and a GBA or two DS systems, that's what they're talking about.

If you're asking about trading from the GBA games to D/P, you can transfer the 3rd gen Pokemon to D/P by having the GBA game in the GBA slot of the DS.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
No, you need to get a GBA. XD

Like I said, there is NO WAY to trade between GBA and DS OR DS and DS when using GBA Pokemon games. You need two GBAs.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
No, the DS systems have a different kind of wireless communication than the GBA wireless adapters do.

pokemonelite4leader

webmst and spriter
If they made a feature for ds you could use the touch screen for buttons and it was made for rpg's cos it would be hard to play action and stuff theyd probably add a feature that allowed you to connect two ds for it if yyou get wat i mean

moobob

i have a question, is it possible to buy fire red/leaf green without the wireless adaptors? or do they both include them?