• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: "1, 2, 3" by After the Rain and others (starts November 17th)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1184793679409451011

Believe it or not, the opening theme for the new series will be sung by After the Rain (Soraru x Mafumafu), with Mafumafu handling the production, lyrics, composition and arrangement. Please wait for a follow-up report for further information.

------

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pocketmonster/news/index.html#217572

We're Revealing Info on the Opening Theme!!

The opening theme for the new series "Pocket Monsters"
is produced, written, composed and arranged by music creator "Mafumafu",
who is extremely popular online on sites such as YouTube.

The official Mafumafu website

A variety of artists and singers will be rearranging and singing this Mafumafu song, one after another!
The first to sing this song is "After the Rain (Soraru x Mafumafu)", a duo Mafumafu formed with "Soraru", another artist extremely popular online!
This opening theme that's being performed by a duo whose biggest fans consider the "ultimate duo"
will no doubt liven up this new series featuring double protagonists!!

The official After the Rain website

We'll announce more intriguing info in the future, including the song's title!
Don't miss out on the news!

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Maybe they chose two boys that are known to have a very strong friendship to represent Ash and Gou in the ending.

That is interesting, cuz i don't think Ash was that close with any of the male characters, not even Brock, Clemont and Kiawe tbh. Despite being friends with them, he is usually closer with the girl characters and he usually doesn't have that many meaningful interactions with them aside from a few brief moments.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I like how the artwork in that tweet is reminiscent of the first poster for the new series

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
We got news on the opening theme:
......how that add to Pokemon anime ? ....it don't really have big pop star singer THAT often do sing opening for Pokemon anime show

Konja7

People are mad hype about this news. I'm not really into Japanese bands, so can anyone give me a reason why this is making a lot of people excited?

Yeah. Japanese fans in twitter seem to be pretty excited about this.

I also wonder what is the reason.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The closest I know about Soraru is that he sang the ending theme for the Danganronpa anime. He is also quite into twitter.

Don't know about Mafumafu.

Neither of these artists have sung for anime people in the West are familiar with.

nuzamaki90

I like how the artwork in that tweet is reminiscent of the first poster for the new series
Mafu-kun and Sora are best friends so it makes sense. They are both also huge Pokémon nerds. Mafu even made a video of him doing all the cries for the Gen 1 Pokemon

they have a really different sound that I think is both new and a refresh for Pokémon openings. Give a listen to some of their songs on YouTube and you’ll see what I mean. But they are really good and I’m psyched.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope it has spoilers
I miss when future capture and evolutions were in the opening.... I mean they spoil them now anyways lol Incineroar's the only recent one that wasn't :p

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I hope it has spoilers
I miss when future capture and evolutions were in the opening.... I mean they spoil them now anyways lol Incineroar's the only recent one that wasn't :p

Ash's first 3 alolan mons and Mimikyu were in "Alola", Silvally (and 10MV) was in "Alola" v2, Poipole was in "Future connection", and Sandy was in "Your Adventure"

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Never heard of them but I'll be looking forward the new OP theme and will definetely buy it lol

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
IDK about them, but since people here are saying good things about them, then things seem pretty good (though I hope Rica gets to sing an opening here too)

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1184793679409451011

Believe it or not, the opening theme for the new series will be sung by After the Rain (Soraru x Mafumafu), with Mafumafu handling the production, lyrics, composition and arrangement. Please wait for a follow-up report for further information.

Is this a joke? We should have another version of "Aim to be a Pokemon Master", especially if we are going to return to the previous regions.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Is this a joke? We should have another version of "Aim to be a Pokemon Master", especially if we are going to return to the previous regions.

I love Mezase but we just had it again in SM. I’d like to see it come back as well, but I’d rather it not be so soon. Soraru and Mafumafu make great music, so I’m looking forward to this.

JC317

We already have 7 official versions of the song...

While having an eighth version of Mezase Pokemon Master for the anime saga which will be focusing on eight regions sounds poetic, it's kind of getting to the point where we have too much of a good thing.