• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: "1, 2, 3" by After the Rain and others (starts November 17th)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
IDK about them, but since people here are saying good things about them, then things seem pretty good (though I hope Rica gets to sing an opening here too)

I'm confident we'll. Rica always gets at least one opening per series. And the bar is only one because DP only had High Touch (which she sang alongside Megumi "Dawn" Toyoguchi).

I think it's highly likely we'll get a version sang by Rica and Daiki at some point.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Missed this earlier. The song won't JUST be performed by After the Rain, but by a variety of others as well, After the Rain are just the first ones out:

https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pocketmonster/news/index.html#217572

We're Revealing Info on the Opening Theme!!

The opening theme for the new series "Pocket Monsters"
is produced, written, composed and arranged by music creator "Mafumafu",
who is extremely popular online on sites such as YouTube.

The official Mafumafu website

A variety of artists and singers will be rearranging and singing this Mafumafu song, one after another!
The first to sing this song is "After the Rain (Soraru x Mafumafu)", a duo Mafumafu formed with "Soraru", another artist extremely popular online!
This opening theme that's being performed by a duo whose biggest fans consider the "ultimate duo"
will no doubt liven up this new series featuring double protagonists!!

The official After the Rain website

We'll announce more intriguing info in the future, including the song's title!
Don't miss out on the news!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It'd be great if they could get more former singers who worked on Pokémon. I'm strongly confident Shokotan, Tomohisa Sako and Taiiku Okazaki will be certain to be there.

Wonder what's Fumie Akiyoshi is up to? Is she still active? I'd love to have her doing a PokéAni OP again.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I’m looking forward to it! I hope they mean that Ash and Go are going to have a strong friendship. I don’t think we had a male duo singing the opening yet.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Reactions: i2i

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
A variety of singers? Considering this series has a globetrotting theme, that's really fitting.

I have to wonder: will they alternate every few episodes or will each version of the song be tied to a specific region they're in. It's hard to speculate since we don't really know how Ash and Gou's travel pattern will be.

Hopefully we get a Rica Matsumoto and Daiki Yamashita version, too.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
A variety of singers? Considering this series has a globetrotting theme, that's really fitting.

I have to wonder: will they alternate every few episodes or will each version of the song be tied to a specific region they're in. It's hard to speculate since we don't really know how Ash and Gou's travel pattern will be.

Hopefully we get a Rica Matsumoto and Daiki Yamashita version, too.
Even if the theme is good, I really hope it doesn't stick around as long as Alola! did. Even if they are switching singers.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Even if the theme is good, I really hope it doesn't stick around as long as Alola! did. Even if they are switching singers.
Alola stuck around for around 47 episodes, which isn't really that much for pokemon openings tbh

JC317

Alola stuck around for around 47 episodes, which isn't really that much for pokemon openings tbh

Yea... Pose on the other hand, boy did that ED overstay its welcome...

Wait, I just had a mind-blowing revelation! The first line of Pose was literally "おーっす!みらいのチャンピオン", which in English is referring to Ash as "Future Champion" or " Champ-in-the-Making".

Now this, this is foreshadowing. Not that balloon bull**** that was so popular a few weeks ago

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Considering they've only announced the first singers, I don't thnik we can expect the next ones until a while into the series.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Yea... Pose on the other hand, boy did that ED overstay its welcome...

Wait, I just had a mind-blowing revelation! The first line of Pose was literally "おーっす!みらいのチャンピオン", which in English is referring to Ash as "Future Champion" or " Champ-in-the-Making".

Now this, this is foreshadowing. Not that balloon bull**** that was so popular a few weeks ago
"Champ in the making" is a reference to the guy who gives you tips in the gyms

But well, you do become a champion in the end

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, I was going to ask just that. Most likely a reference to the tip guy in front of the gym lol