• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: "Future Connection" by ЯeaL (Feb 8)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I know this is crazy to say (& I'm bringing back an old topic from the early days) and I know UBs can/are genderless (I haven't played the S/M games) but I'm hoping, based on that this is sung by a girls' band, that Poipole is a female. Ash needs to have at least one female on his team. I'm just wondering how Poipole will be allowed to fight beside the Ultra Guardians when their sole mission is to send the Ultra Beasts back.

I like Satomine Night's thought that this is from Poipole's point of view (which it very much seems to be!) Since we do get a vibe of how the show will go based on the opening, It's obvious Poipole desires a connection towards someone special (Ash) and Pikachu's Thunderbolt can be like the shock or literal string to connect it to Ash & Pikachu considering that Poipole saw Pikachu's Quick Attack as a map towards it as Pikachu was fighting against Buzzwole.

Evanibble

I really liked it, especially the image shots of everyone with their teams at the end. That was cute. The song was fitting in its instrumentals and, I think, in its lyrics as well (I don't understand japanese). It's a fun opening for what is, I think, a fun series so far.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I have to say, I really liked the new opening. I’m not sure if I can consider it to be one of my faves just yet but I like it.

I really enjoyed the animation for it. I’m not crazy about the fact it is extremely focused on Poipole but to each their own. I enjoyed this opening a lot and I think it was finally about time that we got a new opening.

andrewscott48209

I know this is crazy to say (& I'm bringing back an old topic from the early days) and I know UBs can/are genderless (I haven't played the S/M games) but I'm hoping, based on that this is sung by a girls' band, that Poipole is a female. Ash needs to have at least one female on his team. I'm just wondering how Poipole will be allowed to fight beside the Ultra Guardians when their sole mission is to send the Ultra Beasts back.

I like Satomine Night's thought that this is from Poipole's point of view (which it very much seems to be!) Since we do get a vibe of how the show will go based on the opening, It's obvious Poipole desires a connection towards someone special (Ash) and Pikachu's Thunderbolt can be like the shock or literal string to connect it to Ash & Pikachu considering that Poipole saw Pikachu's Quick Attack as a map towards it as Pikachu was fighting against Buzzwole.

Poipole is genderless.

Evanibble

I have to say, I really liked the new opening. I’m not sure if I can consider it to be one of my faves just yet but I like it.

I really enjoyed the animation for it. I’m not crazy about the fact it is extremely focused on Poipole but to each their own. I enjoyed this opening a lot and I think it was finally about time that we got a new opening.

I can imagine the opening will be updated once Poipole is less of an influence in the series. Could be wrong, of course, but Pokemon has a knack for constantly updating the anime with new characters/captures/evolutions/etc.

Which is why I think it's completely fine that they didn't spoil new evolutions/captures, since they'll just update the intro anyways.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Isn’t Poipole spoiled as a Capture for Ash? In the group shot of ash’s Pokemon, Poipole is wearing that badge thing that the other mon’s are wearing?

Maybe once this arc is over, all the Poipole focused scenes can be replaced with The next Totem Battle, Acerola, Nanu etc.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It would be interesting to see if Ash will catch it with a regular Pokeball or an Ultra Ball but decides not to release it into the Ultra Worm Hole.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It would be interesting to see if Ash will catch it with a regular Pokeball or an Ultra Ball but decides not to release it.

Ultra Beasts can be only be properly caught with Beast Balls FYI.

Last edited:

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
The opening song is just amazing. But it feels very different from all other opening songs we have had so far. I still like it a lot.
Also, in most parts of the opening the artstyle looks so good.
I was expecting more spoilers but still looks good.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nope. They can be caught with other balls, it's just that the catch rates are much lower.
Sorry, I made a typing mistake in that post. I meant to say 'properly caught'.

Most Pokeballs have difficulties recognizing Ultra Beasts as Pokémon due to their extradimensional origins, impairing their ability to effectively catch them. Only the Master Ball and Beast Balls can escape this impairment. So it's very unlikely Ash to catch Poipole with anything other than with a Beast Ball, as he doesn't have a Master Ball.

Last edited:

JoaquinLorie

Sorry, I made a typing mistake is that post. I meant to say 'properly caught'.

Most Pokeballs have difficulties recognizing Ultra Beasts as Pokémon due to their extradimensional origins, impairing their ability to effectively catch them. Only the Master Ball and Beast Balls can escape this impairment. So it's very unlikely Ash to catch Poipole with anything other than with a Beast Ball, as he doesn't have a Mastrer Ball..

Ultra beast can be caught with normal pokeballs.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ultra beast can be caught with normal pokeballs.

Didn't you read my post? I said that Ultra Beasts can be caught with normal Pokeballs, but it becomes very difficult to catch them because normal Pokeballs have difficulties recognizing Ultra Beasts as Pokemon due to their extradimensional origins, which impairs their ability to effectively catch them. The best options to catch an Ultra Beast are the Master Ball and Beast Balls, since they can escape this impairment.

JoaquinLorie

Didn't you read my post? I said that Ultra Beasts can be caught with normal Pokeballs, but it becomes very difficult to catch them because normal Pokeballs have difficulties recognizing Ultra Beasts as Pokemon due to their extradimensional origins, which impairs their ability to effectively catch them. The best options to catch an Ultra Beast are the Master Ball and Beast Balls, since they can escape this impairment.

You made it sound as if pokeballs other than ultra beast balls and master balls couldnt catch it. Nice copy paste though.

DatsRight

With Poipole being the star of this opening I guess it's staying for the ride for a while this series.

I really expected to be sad when Alola! got fazed out but this is equally cute and fun. And the animation is getting more and more fluid and lush.

I fully expect Poipole to be a tag-along Pokemon for this arc and then go back to wherever it came from.

I doubt Ash will keep it.

Rohanator

I fully expect Poipole to be a tag-along Pokemon for this arc and then go back to wherever it came from.

I doubt Ash will keep it.
This arc is looking like it could last till the end of the series though. Based on what we know currently the Ultra Beast invasion episodes seem like gym battles, they only happen every once in a while with several fillers in between. I think we'll get a mix of UB episodes and Island trial stuff through out the show and then end things on a league and a Necrozma climax arc.

This arc is looking like it could last till the end of the series though. Based on what we know currently the Ultra Beast invasion episodes seem like gym battles, they only happen every once in a while with several fillers in between. I think we'll get a mix of UB episodes and Island trial stuff through out the show and then end things on a league and a Necrozma climax arc.
Hmm.

Good point. I guess if they extend the arc until the end of the League, that pretty much allows Ash to use Poipole in every battle. And then at the very end, Poipole can go back home.

dman_dustin

Um Pikipek also appeared in the opening as well does that mean Ash is going to capture it as well? The Passimian episode talks about Ash bonding with a group of them and not a single one.

Let me put it like this:

If Passimian was truly irrelevant, then why would it take precedence over something like Alolan Meowth, even though Alolan Meowth appears before Passimian.

Same with Incineroar. Even Ilmia's not in the opening.

But a random Passimian? That's just coincidence.

If it wasn't for the summary in the Passimian episode, I wouldn't consider what we saw in opening to mean anything.

Ash may very well not catch Passimian, but unless you know something for a fact, I'd argue that all these "coincidences" are pointing to a capture more than it just being a "coincidence."

Now if there was a summary episode about a Pikipek that Ash was bonding, your damn right I'd probably also be arguing the same thing.

People act like the summary for Ash bonding with Passimian doesn't exist and all we have is random Passimian in the opening.