• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: "Future Connection" by ЯeaL (Feb 8)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Why? Because of being Delia's pet? That's a very weak reason if that's what you mean.

Over the course of the series, Ash has struggled with bulky Pokemon, so I really hope that he kicks some butts with Incineroar this time to show that he's overcoming that weakness.

Of course I don't expect Incineroar to be his ace, that spot is most probably going to Dusk Lycanroc, but I'd love to see Incineroar being a major powerhouse for him this saga.
Because I'm not a fan of Muscle Kitty's design and Litten doesn't have to fully evolve in order to kick butt. Not to mention, I think if Litten evolves all the way to Muscle Kitty, that'll decrease its screentime and be more in the ball than out of it since it's hard to animate its detailed design. And no, we've had enough of disobedient Pokémon that just so happens to have muscles that Ash gotta struggle with. Kukui the Masked Royal already has an Incineroar, why should Ash have one when Kukui the Masked Royal's already showcasing it?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Because I'm not a fan of Muscle Kitty's design and Litten doesn't have to fully evolve in order to kick butt. Not to mention, I think if Litten evolves all the way to Muscle Kitty, that'll decrease its screentime and be more in the ball than out of it since it's hard to animate its detailed design. And no, we've had enough of disobedient Pokémon that just so happens to have muscles that Ash gotta struggle with. Kukui the Masked Royal already has an Incineroar, why should Ash have one when Kukui the Masked Royal's already showcasing it?

I personally also am not a big fan of Incineroar, but still if Ash finally does well with a bulky Pokemon, I'm all for it. He struggled with bulky Pokemon in the past, like Torterra and Goodra, so it's about time he gets a chance to overcome that weakness. Yeah, I know he did well with Snorlax, but Ash's Snorlax was unexpectedly fast for its species.

And regarding detailed design, so was Torterra's and yet Ash had one.

Also I think that depends upon how often Kukui the Masked Royal uses Incineroar, if it's not too often then there is no problem with Ash having one. Paul had a Torterra, and Ash also had one, so there's that. It's just that Paul's Torterra stopped showing up after Ash's Grotle evolved onto Torterra. Same could happen with the Kukui's the Masked Royal's Incineroar.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Excited that there will be a new opening theme for Sun and Moon and at least it will be together with the new ending. I'm expecting Poipole to feature in the opening given the importance of the Ultra Beast arc and that it appeared in the ending 'Brat Boy, Brat Girl'.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I personally also am not a big fan of Incineroar, but still if Ash finally does well with a bulky Pokemon, I'm all for it. He struggled with bulky Pokemon in the past, like Torterra and Goodra, so it's about time he gets a chance to overcome that weakness. Yeah, I know he did well with Snorlax, but Ash's Snorlax was unexpectedly fast for its species.

And regarding detailed design, so was Torterra's and yet Ash had one.

Also I think that depends upon how often Kukui the Masked Royal uses Incineroar, if it's not too often then there is no problem with Ash having one. Paul had a Torterra, and Ash also had one, so there's that. It's just that Paul's Torterra stopped showing up after Ash's Grotle evolved onto Torterra. Same could happen with the Kukui's the Masked Royal's Incineroare.
Honestly, I don't even think Incineroar is that bulky. I mean, it's no speed demon for sure, but it's not an immobile tank like Torterra is, either.

It will most likely be treated as somewhere in between.

As for why Litten should fully evolve? To justify giving Litten to Ash in the first place and so it ultimately doesn't lag behind the rest of Ash's team. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Ash isn't getting the Firium-Z, and if Litten isn't going to fully evolve, what's even the point of giving Litten to Ash in the first place? Consider the rest of Ash's team. Pikachu is Pikachu and has a special Z-Move, Lycanroc is a special third form, and even Rowlet has its own Z-Move. If Litten doesn't fully evolve, then it probably won't get anything special and would show the writers never really cared about it in the first place. And while I know Bayleef and Pignite were a thing, they were the best/among the best in ultimately very weak squads. Unless Ash's SM team winds up being that weak as well, I really don't see Torracat shining.

Literally the only way I could see Torracat not lagging behind the rest of Ash's team is if the writers come up with some storyline involving it wanting to be strong without relying on Z-Moves, which would just come out of nowhere considering Litten has never shown an aversion to using them (and even used Breakneck Blitz once).

Animefan145

Yay, new opening, at last! I know its been longer than normal due to the 20th anniversary thing, but while I don't mind the Alola opening, I don't like it enough that I'll miss it after this. A few Pokemon openings I wouldn't mind keeping, but Alola gets tiresome after a while (and its been a long while).

Most of all I'm hoping for a good new opening animation, its been mostly the same for all this time (except for the extra clips during the anniversary but that was all recent stuff, so it was pretty boring). Maybe new evolutions or maybe add all the new characters introduced since then.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yay, new opening, at last! I know its been longer than normal due to the 20th anniversary thing, but while I don't mind the Alola opening, I don't like it enough that I'll miss it after this. A few Pokemon openings I wouldn't mind keeping, but Alola gets tiresome after a while (and its been a long while).

What do you mean? First openings always last longer.

Heck, if my calculations, Alola only lasted the second longest out of all the first openings (Volt was the shortest, even with Mega Volt, I believe).

Animefan145

Whoops, sorry, didn't realize it until now, I don't follow many long runners aside from Pokemon, I'm too used to the two-season shows that change openings relatively often (like every 12 episodes).

I thought that Pokemon openings usually changed about every 40-50 episodes, but I never noticed until now that the first ones last longer (I usually didn't pay that close attention and some seasons change to a remix of the first opening too). I guess it just seemed longer, since they already had that big climax with Lillie and Solgaleo and Lusamine and all (compared to Sinnoh's and Kalos' multi-year arcs). Which is why I'm looking forward to new animation hinting towards what's next.

Rohanator

Yeah 60 episodes isn't a particularly long span for an opening. First OP of OS lasted 80 episodes (and the first OP of the Johto arc 75), AG's 69, DP's 96 and BW's 84. Mega Volt was just a song remix but we did get entirely new visuals so XY wins at 28 (an actual new song didn't come till ep 55), but that's an unusually quick change and not something you should criticize a show for NOT doing.
a
Sure the series are getting shorter so it makes sense to expect the openings to change more quickly as well, but assuming SM is another 3 year series, 60 is a pretty fair pace, a bit over a year for the first opening and a bit less for the next two.

(also we had the whole Mezase 20th thing so really Alola didn't even have 50 episodes but whatever)

Last edited:

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Great! It will be nice to finally see a new opening!
Why? Because of being Delia's pet? That's a very weak reason if that's what you mean.

Over the course of the series, Ash has struggled with bulky Pokemon, so I really hope that he kicks some butts with Incineroar this time to show that he's overcoming that weakness.

Of course I don't expect Incineroar to be his ace, that spot is most probably going to Dusk Lycanroc, but I'd love to see Incineroar being a major powerhouse for him this saga.

Actually I would love to see Incineroar developing from a regular pet to Delia to someone to help in the housechores, along with Mr. Mime

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What do you mean? First openings always last longer.

Heck, if my calculations, Alola only lasted the second longest out of all the first openings (Volt was the shortest, even with Mega Volt, I believe).

volt+megavolt lasted longer than Alola because of aim to be a pokemon master 20th anniversary

Chomper4

I feel Poipole is in the ownership of the Ultra Recon Squad.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/id1339976461

A short preview of the song is up on itunes.
I hope the rest of the song is as good as that 30-second preview, because if it is, then I'm really looking forward to hearing it during tomorrow's episode. It has a different vibe from the past few opening theme songs, but I like it so far, and those 30 seconds, at least, fit with the theme of Alola.

FelipoDepot

Bought the song off itunes, I definitely like it quite a bit, and it does feel kinda strange that it's associated with Pokemon

Now I just hope that the wait for the full version's release won't be too long