• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: "Kimi no boken" by Taiiku Okazaki (starts October 7th)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

xEryChan

Demon Child
Ahh, so we’re getting a new opening song? It makes sense since Future Connection was heavily focused on Poipole and now that Poipole stayed its own world, they had either had to update the animation or stsrt woth a new opening. I can’t wait to hear this one.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Well, saw that coming when they skipped the opening and played it at the end plus it was about Poipole after all. I'm glad we are getting a new one since I grew tired of Future Connection after a while.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I expected a new opening at some point to drive the focus away from Poipole. It's definitely starting to focus more on the free and fun adventure of the older Sun and Moon episodes.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So with a new opening and the new poster, this is definitely a new season right?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope it spoils some team changes, beyond Eevee anyways.
Torracat and Charjabug's evolutions for instance. Both are absent from the poster

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I am interested to see the next arc. Hau finally appears, and hope Plumeria and Guzma sooner hopefully as well.
Misty and Brock seem to be in the cast permanently for now.
Love the crazy-haircut Eevee and cute Stufful.
Popplio still has shown no sign to evolve after all Brionne-foreshadowing since earlier episodes.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I hope it spoils some team changes, beyond Eevee anyways.
Torracat and Charjabug's evolutions for instance. Both are absent from the poster
So is Lycanroc, Marowak, Mimikyu, and Mareanie.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Misty and Brock seem to be in the cast permanently for now.

Being on a poster doesn't necessarily mean you play a major role. Acerola and Kuchinashi were on the previous poster despite playing a much smaller role overall than Lychee did, and Hikari was on the Best Wishes Season 2 poster despite leaving permanently in episode 10. Ibuki was on the Decolora Adventure poster despite appearing in ONE episode.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well it was understandable that the Opening had to be changed.
Mainly because "Mirai Connection" was in a way could be described as "Poipole's Song" (even if it had stayed behind, the song wouldn't have fit the mood of the next series of SM).

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Team Skull better get in.
It's bad enough the writers totally screwed them over, but making them the first(hopefully only) villain team that isn't in an opening would just be cruel. :(

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Called It!
Team Skull better get in.
It's bad enough the writers totally screwed them over, but making them the first(hopefully only) villain team that isn't in an opening would just be cruel. :(

The writers didn't screw them the games did. They were comedy only before the anime.

With that said if Guzma is full on serious that would be interesting to see him deal with his comedy like members

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
17 replies in 5 minutes. That said, not surprised that were getting a new opening. Despite how long it stayed, I prefer "Alola!" over what we currently had.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So this is the XYZ of SUMO I take it. I'm hoping to actually enjoy this since I did enjoy XYZ more than XY. That and the Kanto focus leaves me happy. As much as I dislike the class mates it would be nice to see scenes of them with Brock and Misty without Ash. Like certain ones bonding. Which hopefully go into the anime. Not saying I don't want to see the OG trio doing stuff alone but I'd be ok with them being with the classmates too excpially if it means they can stay longer.