• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: "Kimi no boken" by Taiiku Okazaki (starts October 7th)

zJhonnyHT

Johto lover!
i'm so excited to see how this opening is in the anime, whether we're gonna have some spoilers about the mysterious eevee or the apparition of misty/brock in the anime

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Mega Volt was great. The problem was overexposure.
volt was the overexposed one, megavolt was used like 3 times at most (I literally only remember them using it on goodra's evolution, from the ash vs clemont fight until that one filler with chespin and bunnelby they switched to kirakira and then to XY&Z once it began

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Mega Volt was great. The problem was overexposure.
I disagree. I wasn't even actively watching the anime at the time that was the opening, so I'm judging it just on its own merit here, and... Volt had quite a few aspects of it that tend to annoy me when it comes to modern music, though it was kept at a tolerable level, so I could still enjoy it. Megavolt took all those traits up to eleven, resulting in a mix that I just found thoroughly unappealing on every level. I mean I guess the visuals for it were nice, but that doesn't make the song any less grating to me.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I was expecting more stuff to be shown but not even a hint to who Eevee belongs.
Also they showed Poipole as well. Maybe it will return?
I only saw Bebenom in the part cycling through all the Pokémon Satoshi has had during this series. The part that also included Iwanko, Nyabby and Nebby still being a Cosmog. I rather doubt it's meant to imply the return of Bebenom. Not saying it's impossible, just saying that from the context I really wouldn't put my hopes up. Of course, it's possible that I missed something, the video I saw was really blurry.

Anyway, opening as a whole...
Stuff I don't like: It's very obviously autotuned.
Stuff I like: LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE. This opening is fantastic.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Animation wise you definitely can see any team changes being edited in later on easily for anyone that can still capture new Pokemon or evolve current ones. Over all like both the OP animation and song.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Just a side note, but the ED had changed scenes and lyrics as well (same song, but different part of lyrics), and it covered Poipole quite a bit.

D

Deleted member 384931

I like it! Wonder why Ash is sad with a pokéball?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
1. He'll lose the league (nothing new there)
2. Another release comming (I fail to see how Nebby and Poipole are still considered team changes)

I basically lost any hope. The song is quite good, though.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The biggest surprise for me was seeing Zeraora. Eventual dream crusher confirmed? Anyway, Poipole flying around for a few seconds doesn't really mean much imo, so I doubt it's hinting at a return or anything. Also, seems like we can confirm Ash vs Gladion, Hau and even Kukui probably for the league.

I'm quite surprised that they didn't even show anything hinting at the Poni Trials. Could they possibly just skip it (since Ash's Pokémon currently have no use for a Groundnium Z anyway), though I doubt they'll do that.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ash, no! Don't jump off that cliff! You have so much to live fo-oh, you landed in the water. Good. Was worried those League losses finally got to him.

...Why is Zeraora here? The movie's been out for months. Is it even still in theaters? Usually movie promotions cameos are done before the movie comes out or when it's airing. Oh well, at least it's better than just putting movie clips like they've been doing the past few years.

My favorite scene is Rowlet giving the thumbs(or whatever the bird equivalent is) up to the audience.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
lol That Eevee kinda looks like Gladio *maybe his Umbreon had a baby?

New song is not as catchy for me
I really hope that Zeraora is just for the opening (like some of the old openinings)
Please dot make Ash release another pokemon ><

Remix2

Judging by the opening it appear that the league will be in a random valleys, I know that the school don’t a lot of funding to built a stadium but dang not even enough to make a run down one.

Also why zeraora in the opening? Did the tv staff forgot that they stop promoting movie 21 around August?

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Judging by the opening it appear that the league will be in a random valleys, I know that the school don’t a lot of funding to built a stadium but dang not even enough to make a run down one.
And judging the DP opening Infernape was supposed to face off against Entei and going by the BW last opening Charizard was supposed to face off against Reshiram and none of those happened, so you can't really make that inference. Openings aren't absolute.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Also why zeraora in the opening? Did the tv staff forgot that they stop promoting movie 21 around August?
Out of all the things one could think of for a location for the league, you think that they would choose some random valley based on an opening?

...Why?

Remix2

And judging the DP opening Infernape was supposed to face off against Entei and going by the BW last opening Charizard was supposed to face off against Reshiram and none of those happened, so you can't really make that inference. Openings aren't absolute.

I was kidding about it being in a valley. I coulda been more obvious on it.