• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: "Kimi no boken" by Taiiku Okazaki (starts October 7th)

Henry's Journey

Kinda bummed for the lack of spoilers but the animation was great.

They didn't even confirm is that Eevee is going to be captured by someone in the cast, ugh.

Not appearances by Brock, Misty and a 1 or 2 second of Hau, wow, anyway I hope there's a final 5th opening in the SM series oh and I hope Poipole can come back.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I'm hoping real soon that Hau will make a cameo real soon or he and Ash will cross paths somewhere

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Oddly enough I am ok with them not spoiling anything in the opening, because I would like them to make team changes without any spoilers since they haven't done that in years if ever.

I didn't care for Poipole's cameo in the new opening however, for reasons I am not going to mention because I doubt I can say them with a level head

Hanto

Water Addiction
Not really impressed with both song and opening itself. I expected some epic stuff for the last part of the series, but we have got a usual Alola happy-go-lucky mood. Nothing can compare to XYZ and episode N openings, I already was betrayed by Future Connection with the dark and menacing Ultra Beast in it, which turned into a complete comedy ****.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
...it's official: the creative team just plain HATES poor Team Skull :(

Though at least they make up for it by giving us something even better with a Boss cameo(he hasn't been in an opening since, what, the Orange Islands?)

Plus, it implies some actual battles this time.

Though I wouldn't put much stock in Zerora being here. They throw in Legendaries/Mythicals from the Movies in openings all the time and nothing comes of it.

Though I'm kind of surprised by the lack of Brock & Misty. :confused:
Either they've got cards they ain't showing, or there isn't as much to LG promotion as we thought...

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
...it's official: the creative team just plain HATES poor Team Skull :cry::(

Though at least they make up for it by giving us something even better with a Boss cameo (y) (he hasn't been in an opening since, what, the Orange Islands?)

Plus, it implies some actual battles this time.

Though I wouldn't put much stock in Zerora being here. They throw in Legendaries/Mythicals from the Movies in openings all the time and nothing comes of it.

Though I'm kind of surprised by the lack of Brock & Misty. :confused:
Either they've got cards they ain't showing, or there isn't as much to LG promotion as we thought...
Misty and Brock are probably going to appear in only 2 episodes; 4 at the very most.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Not really impressed with both song and opening itself. I expected some epic stuff for the last part of the series, but we have got a usual Alola happy-go-lucky mood. Nothing can compare to XYZ and episode N openings, I already was betrayed by Future Connection with the dark and menacing Ultra Beast in it, which turned into a complete comedy ****.
you only had to compare the reactions of the XY gang in the XYZ opening against team flair (angry, ready to fight) and SM gang in the second SM against the UBs (smiling in a friendly way) to see how they'd be handled, this isn't like in be an arrow 2013 where they flat out showed charizard fighting reshiram

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Could this mean this is the last op of SM series.
Not necessarily as it's not confirmed it's the last opening yet. I believe it's likely due to the inevitable Gen 8 games coming out next year.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Honestly, I'm impressed by this opening. Sure Future Connection had better singers, a more upbeat tune, and was focused on someone other than Ash but the lyrics, atmosphere of what the song is about, and overall tone given is appropriate for this opening. It's about Ash and Pikachu and how much they've came far since their arrival in Alola.

I'm not disappointed by the lack of spoilers. They've been doing this since SM started and I think they prefer keeping it more of a mystery/secret and updating the opening. I like this take, we already know first hand what is coming up so why bother spoiling it in the opening for cheap shock value instead of making something more meaningful towards this character(s). Alola is less about capturing the next Pokémon and winning the next Gym battle and more on bonds and emotional connection.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It seems like they maybe setting up another TR arc in Alola so hopefully that will be good.

satopi

After listening to the song in full version with headphones on, I've changed my mind. Okazaki is still a terrible singer with autotune flowing through his vocal chords. The song would be much better with someone else, I admit that his voice does fit the hero theme of the song.

Anyway, I really love the op ver despite my complaints. He sounds really good there so maybe I can only handle Okazaki Taiiku in small doses. I like that Ash tries to hug Kiawe but he misses. That was a cute moment.

In my head, I'd like to think Ash is still thinking about and missing Poipole even though that isn't an Ultra (Beast) Ball. This may be just my bias showing but Ash seemed unfazed after Nebby leaving off the screen but the way Poipole enters, causing a ruckus with Ash smiling similarly to how he was at their departure and then the way Poipole was the one to carry out the next scene made it seem like it was about it. Just the way Pikachu is staring off into the sunset and Ash is looking teary eyed before being cheered up by his friends just instantly made me think of their goodbye.

Did you not like the scenes of Ash and his Pokémon fighting against Gladion, Royal Mask, Hau, and Zerora? Sure it was the exact (or similar) background as the one in Alola! but those scenes were given special attention to. I was blown out of my seat with not just those scenes but the entire opening in general in terms of animation and what was shown. I have a different interpretation of what epic looks like. You weren't "betrayed" in the last opening. Those Ultra Beasts look menacing at face value but were they causing harm? Not really, which is why the Ultra Guardians didn't use only battling to get them back to their worlds. They had to think other practical ways to capture them.

Alola must be close to a utopia if the local villain organization are too busy terrorizing their nearby playground. The real terror is actually praying to the gods that the Wela volcano doesn't erupt to demolish Akala Island at any minute. :D

Last edited:

Hanto

Water Addiction
Did you not like the scenes of Ash and his Pokémon fighting against Gladion, Royal Mask, Hau, and Zerora? Sure it was the exact (or similar) background as the one in Alola! but those scenes were given special attention to. I was blown out of my seat with not just those scenes but the entire opening in general in terms of animation and what was shown.
Im not really a great fan of SM art style and found the battle part in opening very rushed and blurred, althrough they probably tryed to show some dynamics with all hese quick movements and chaotic camera angles. And Ash pokemon battling their evovled forms kinda confirms that both Torracat and Rowlet will not evolve. No Silvally is also the missing point, and where are all the remaining UBs? :(

satopi

Im not really a great fan of SM art style and found the battle part in opening very rushed and blurred, althrough they probably tryed to show some dynamics with all hese quick movements and chaotic camera angles. And Ash pokemon battling their evovled forms kinda confirms that both Torracat and Rowlet will not evolve. No Silvally is also the missing point, and where are all the remaining UBs? :(
I'm gonna assume they caught all the UBs that escaped from their world. And I'll be really happy if Rowlet and Torracat stayed in their current forms... a matter of preference. Those action scenes aren't blurred in the least bit. They're fast paced and if you slow it down or stop from one second to the next, you see that a lot of movement is happening from Rowlet and Dartrix racing past Hau who isn't static to showing Pikachu getting ready to hop off Torracat and Ash doing a number of different stances. It's really incredible to pause or slow down the animation to capture how much is going on in those scenes. Absolutely incredible. Even looking at the scene of Eevee walking is neat considering it is just walking by each beat of the melody, slowly progressing out of it when it catches sight of the group but the animation is very animal like (all 4 feet moving in a non robotic motion as it's tail whips from side to side.)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No Silvally is also the missing point

Gladion only appears once in the opening, and Silvally is not Lycanroc's rival, it's Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc. It doesn't mean anything.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Gladion only appears once in the opening, and Silvally is not Lycanroc's rival, it's Gladion's Midnight Lycanroc. It doesn't mean anything.

Yeah and I literally have no idea from where you made that inference. Dusk Lycanroc only battled Midnight Lycanroc once, when it was a Rockruff. If anything Silvally is the Pokemon which has battled against Dusk Lycanroc after it evolved (though Silvally at the time was a Type:Null), so it likely bears more of a claim being Dusk Lycanroc's rival than Midnight Lycanroc.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yeah and I literally have no idea from where you made that inference. Dusk Lycanroc only battled Midnight Lycanroc once, when it was a Rockruff. If anything Silvally is the Pokemon which has battled against Dusk Lycanroc after it evolved (though Silvally at the time was a Type:Null), so it likely bears more of a claim being Dusk Lycanroc's rival than Midnight Lycanroc.

They set up a rivalry in Gladion's first appearance.

Also, last I checked, Ash's Lycanroc has only battled Silvally once, too. And Gladion's Lycanroc is part of the reason why Rockruff even evolved.

xEryChan

Demon Child

They were building up Ash’s Lycanroc and Gladion’s Lycanroc to be rivals in the episode Gladion debuted in so I highly doubt they’re going to change their minds now and make Silvally Lycaroc’s rival.