• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: Mezase Pokémon Master -20th Anniversary- by Rica Matsumoto(Jun 15)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Imagine if this 20th anniversary theme features all of Ash's former traveling companions and rivals.

Sounds too good to be true hehe

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Imagine if this 20th anniversary theme features all of Ash's former traveling companions and rivals.

Might be a little too much wishful thinking. Would be cool though.

I also don't think the dub is going to have a problem, since the XY theme was actually the third time they'd used a version of "Gotta Catch 'Em All".

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Don't see why it couldn't they all appeared in a BW ending, and since its the 20th, would feel like a waste not to show cameos of his former pals and rivals.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I'm back from work and saw this,
this is really great news! cause i really love this song. I wonder if we getting a new footage opening or some footage from Movie 20?

I think this would be the first time a new opening theme matched up with movie footage being used. The other times they just kept the existing theme and substituted the footage.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Would like some spoiler teases but should be great to listen to.

So will this be the opening for SM030?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

Yup! But I don't think they'll be in Akala Island yet. I think either this episode or the next will be when Prof Kukui tells everyone that classes will be held at Akala Island. Best thing to know is that we only have to wait a week to hear & see it! :)

World Turtle

Please have team changes (Ash's next capture/evolutions).

Also, group shot of Ash's Old Pokemon like in the 10th Anniversary Opening (Spurt!).

Spyro39

If there aren't any spoiler teases, maybe they'll update the opening each time a new capture/evolution happens in an episode, kind of like XY's Getta Ban Ban and XY&Z.

Sounds too good to be true hehe

Might be a little too much wishful thinking. Would be cool though.

Don't see why it couldn't they all appeared in a BW ending, and since its the 20th, would feel like a waste not to show cameos of his former pals and rivals.

Actually, I just realized something. Due to SM using a new art style and animation, how are Ash's former traveling companions and rivals going to be designed in the new opening if they appear?

Last edited:

CabochonJaw

Goodbye old opener, you served us well. I want to see some more z crystal usage in the new opener, doesn't matter which types.

Nafsika

A new opening that's sound realy interesting!!!! Patience till the other week!!!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Actually, I just realized something. Due to SM using a new art style and animation, how are Ash's former traveling companions and rivals going to be designed in the new opening if they appear?

M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶S̶M̶3̶0̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶y̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶y̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶a̶i̶l̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶n̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶. A glimpse of all previous companions would be greatly, but I don't think it'll happen. The opening may just show parts of the current anime with some scenes from the movie.

Epicocity

Why do I have this feeling that the opening will play to promote the movie, have movie scenes for a bunch of weeks and then revert to either Alola! or a different opening...?

Mr. Guy

Banned
SM024: Lillie is introduced to Ash's mother, and the ED is updated to show her and Team Rocket doing Z-Move poses instead of just Ash
SM030: The OP is updated and Lillie bonds with Ash's Pikachu

Plus the ED was updated after she got Shiron's egg and again after Shiron hatched

Just found it interesting that whenever there's an update to the ED/OP, it's in an episode where Lillie gets some focus/development

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
SM024: Lillie is introduced to Ash's mother, and the ED is updated to show her and Team Rocket doing Z-Move poses instead of just Ash
SM030: The OP is updated and Lillie bonds with Ash's Pikachu

Plus the ED was updated after she got Shiron's egg and again after Shiron hatched

Just found it interesting that whenever there's an update to the ED/OP, it's in an episode where Lillie gets some focus/development
When Bounsweet evolved, the ending got updated. In the current OP, Lillie is still afraid of touching Pikachu when he's near her. http://imgur.com/a/9W63h

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Please spoil Ash's next capture....
Meanwhile the dub will keep using the same old opening until Ultra Sun/Moon's season starts.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Can't wait! Really liked the first opening and of course xyz's so maybe we'l get another great one.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

If this were any other anime I'd expect this sort of nostalgia pandering, but I've learned not to get my hopes up. Knowing our luck, all the old companions would just be replaced in the Opening by new characters exclusive to this song. ^^;