• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: Mezase Pokémon Master -20th Anniversary- by Rica Matsumoto(Jun 15)

martianmister

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Cool, they're remixing the original song again?? Hopefully it's as epic as the dub opening 4 remix in the US(if we get it at all).

I just need some spoilers tbh, hopefully Rowlet evolved so people will stop calling my boy the merch mon of the series.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Cool, they're remixing the original song again?? Hopefully it's as epic as the dub opening 4 remix in the US(if we get it at all).

I just need some spoilers tbh, hopefully Rowlet evolved so people will stop calling my boy the merch mon of the series.

Agreed, I want to see Rowlet evolve as well. It's been amazing so far.

I'm also assuming it'll probably be used as a promotion until the movie premieres, then I'm guessing they'll go back to the original opening or we get a new one. It'd be nice if it stayed for a while though and if past characters get cameo appearances in it for a few seconds (though I doubt it)

Johtohfiller

Actually, I just realized something. Due to SM using a new art style and animation, how are Ash's former traveling companions and rivals going to be designed in the new opening if they appear?

This has me worried tbh, I wonder if they might think it's not worth the effort.

But then the again the characters other than Ash, TRio, Delia, and Prof. Oak aren't all that far off from the original style.

Last edited:

Spyro39

This has me worried tbh, I wonder if they might think it's not worth the effort.

But then the again the characters other than Ash, TRio, Delia, and Prof. Oak aren't all that far off from the original style.

It was just wishful thinking. I don't really have high hopes for Ash's former traveling companions to appear in this new opening, especially if it means redesigning them to match SM's new art style solely for a few seconds in an opening theme. It might not be worth the effort for the designers and animators.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Amazing! Looking forward it.

Hopefully, the CD won't take too long to be released.

Nafsika

In DP they showed all the old companios they might do it again and you mentioned earlier is the twentieth anniversary so everything is posible!!!!
I can't wait to listen the changes they would have made!!!
So awesome!!!

SinnohEevee

I think the probability of seeing old characters in the new opening is 0%.
TPC wants them to be permanently forgotten.

ShadowForce720

I think the probability of seeing old characters in the new opening is 0%.
TPC wants them to be permanently forgotten.

If TPC really wanted them to be forgotten then we wouldn't even get any merchandise of them, the fact that we still wind up getting merchandise just shows that no TPC doesn't want them to be forgotten. Well we see old characters in the opening, I don't know however it's not impossible and it's most certainly not 0%.

Nafsika

What is TPC and why you're saying that might don't want the old characters????

Janovy

Banned
I guess we can expect footage from movie trailers. *sigh*

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

TPC is the Pokemon company. I don't think they're exactly against bringing past characters back but they probably can't due to those characters not being able to promote the current generation.

Spyro39

TPC is the acronym for The Pokemon Company, the Japanese company that's responsible for marketing and licensing the Pokemon franchise.

SinnohEevee thinks TPC wants fans to forget past characters because they haven't appeared nor been referenced in the anime for a long time. However, the fact that there are still merchandise featuring old characters shows that TPC doesn't want fans to forget them.

https://twitter.com/pokemon_movie/status/872761397620473858

The Pokemon movie twitter account has posted what seems to be a picture from the new OP.

So this opening is just going to show clips from the upcoming movie? *sigh*

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

The Pokemon movie twitter account has posted a picture of what seems to be a picture from the new OP.

I suppose it's safe to assume, then, that the new OP is going to showcase scenes from the upcoming movie, rather than any potential scenes from the SM anime itself. Not that I'm surprised, since that just means it's in line with all of the other OPs that promoted movies.

On another note, that is a gorgeous screenshot right there.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Reminiscent of the first few seconds of 'The Greatest Everyday!'.

I like it. Kinda figured it was just movie promotion but I still had hope about teases.

Nafsika

The Pokemon movie twitter account has posted what seems to be a picture from the new OP.

Ah!!!! Looks so awesome!!! An opening with scenes from the new movie!!! I'm so excited!!!! I wish next Thursday could be tomorow!!! It doesn't matter I'll wait!!!

Ah thank you guys!!!
Well his/hers assumpion is wrong because in the Dotrio episode we had a small reference to old characters!!! If the company didn't want the wings to be there they wouldn't!!! And in the new sanga which has so many characters to develop is normal not to bring back or mention old characters!!! In older generations old characters shown in the middle of the new sanga!!! That way the new characters had enough time to develop!!!! So I don't see why to lose our hope!!!!