• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New opening theme: Mezase Pokémon Master -20th Anniversary- by Rica Matsumoto(Jun 15)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New opening theme: Mezase Pokémon Master -20th Anniversary- by Rica Matsumoto(Jun 15)

From TV Tokyo's TV guide.

Get hype.

Janovy

Banned
PLS new footage, PLS new footage, PLS new footage.

Red and Blue

That's only two weeks from now. Makes sense since we are finally starting Akala

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
YES! The new rendition of the opening theme is here! The dub is screwed for already using it for XY but they'll reuse it again. I can't wait for the new graphics and scenes in the opening. I hope they replicate a few scenes from the opening and old characters like Delia, Prof Oak, & Gary appear like they used to.

Spyro39

Interesting that the title of the song is the same as the very first opening of the entire anime to cap off its 20th anniversary.

What captures/evolutions are they going to spoil in this episode?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I wonder if the new opening is going to show scenes from the upcoming movie or if it will show scenes from the anime itself. In any case, I'm looking forward to hearing Matsumoto-san singing "Mezase Pokémon Master" again! :D I wonder if this will be a remix of sorts or it will be close to the original theme song.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hope this opening shows some scenes of Ash's Akala trial battles.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I wonder if the new opening is going to show scenes from the upcoming movie or if it will show scenes from the anime itself. In any case, I'm looking forward to hearing Matsumoto-san singing "Mezase Pokémon Master" again! :D I wonder if this will be a remix of sorts or it will be close to the original theme song.
It usually is just like XY&Z, (V)Volt, Be An Arrow!, and the DP opening themes. We did hear a little bit of it in the last movie trailer and they usually do incorporate the movie scenes in the themes temporarily. I hope miss Rica shares a link or something. Perform at Pokenchi!! :3

Cat's Eye Draco

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a movie exclusive theme, I'm really hoping that they use the same version they did in the trailer for Movie 20. I've rewatched that trailer I don't know how many times just for that song. :D

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, it's about time. I'd wish we have Type: Wild 20th Anniversary ver. too.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I hope miss Rica shares a link or something. Perform at Pokenchi!! :3

I believe she performed it at the Tokyo Toy Show concert on Sunday, I see people on Twitter say she sang "Mezase Pokemon Master" there.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Listening to Rica singing aside, there is literally only ine thing I want to see.

Please spoil Brionne. Please spoil Brionne. Please spoil Brionne.

Then we'd have a realistic shot at seeing a Primarina on the main cast eventually.

Seeing hints of future plot and Totem battles is nice, but I will be one happy Latias if we get to see Lana's baby seal grow up.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Does any1 have a clue why they would use the original opening song? Will it have to do something with the plot?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Does any1 have a clue why they would use the original opening song? Will it have to do something with the plot?

I expected it to be anniversary stuff mixed with movie promotion.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think because this is season 20 of the anime, and probably ties in with the whole movie 20.