• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New OU team idea.

Azure Flame

A new OU team I thought up.

OVERVIEW
Azelf.png
468.png
blissey.png
477jv0.png
electivire.png
gengar.png

And here they are.

Azelf.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Attack, 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed
IVs: 30 HP, 24 Attack, 27 Defense, 22 Sp Attack, 22 Sp Defense, 30 Speed
- Explosion
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

An Azelf Lead. Taunt and Stealth Rock setups, Grass Knot to damage until Focus Sash kicks in, then Explosion to finish off Azelf and hopefully take the other Pokemon with it.

468.png

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Sp Attack, 252 Sp Defense
IVs: 27 HP, 29 Attack, 25 Defense, 24 Sp Attack, 30 Sp Defense, 25 Speed
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Thunder Wave and Air Slash for statuses with Aura Sphere for attacking with Air Slash, Roost to heal.

blissey.png

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Defense, 252 Sp Attack
IVs: 29 HP, 20 Attack, 31 Defense, 22 Sp Attack, 25 Sp Defense, 25 Speed
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Sing
- Softboiled

A basic Special Wall. Sing to put opponents to sleep. Ice Beam and Seismic Toss to cause damage. Softboiled to heal.

477jv0.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 52 Defense, 204 Sp Defense
IVs: 27 HP, 25 Attack, 31 Defense, 21 Sp Attack, 24 Sp Defense, 25 Speed
- Fire Punch
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-o-Wisp

A Physical Wall. Will-o-Wisp to burn foes. Fire Punch and Shadow Sneak for damage, with Pain Split to heal while damaging foes.

electivire.png

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
IVs: 29 HP, 23 Attack, 21 Defense, 28 Sp Attack, 25 Sp Defense, 22 Speed
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

A physical sweeper. Attacks cover 13 of the 17 types.

gengar.png

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed
IVs: 31 HP, 22 Attack, 27 Defense, 30 Sp Attack, 23 Sp Defense, 30 Speed
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

A special sweeper. Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, and Thunderbolt for a three-pronged attack while Hidden Power (Fire) as a filler move.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
A good blissey I find works is...

blissey@leftovers
=bold=
~natural cure~
184hp/252def/74sp.def
-toxic
-protect
-wish
-aromatherapy

Azure Flame

A good blissey I find works is...

blissey@leftovers
=bold=
~natural cure~
184hp/252def/74sp.def
-toxic
-protect
-wish
-aromatherapy

That is a pretty nice setup.

PkMnPwNs1991

<- Hot tamale
Let's see what advice I can give, hopefully it helps.

Azelf: Grass Knot isn't used on Azelf too often, since it really only hurts a few leads, like Swampert and Tyranitar, but Leadtar lives easily and Crunches / Pursuits / Paybacks you to death. I'd opt for Fire Blast, Psychic / Zen Headbutt, or U-Turn. If you choose one of the physical attacks, adjust the EVs accordingly. Otherwise, it's pretty much standard.

Togekiss, Dusknoir, Electivire, Gengar: standard, no complaints.

Blissey: Since you listed the EVs, I assume this is a team you've bred yourself in-game. If that is the case, WishBliss was an event is I recall, so Blissey with Wish is gonna be tough to come by without AR or finding someone with a legit Bold WishBliss. A Blissey setup that I like a lot is CounterBliss. It runs something like this:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Counter
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Seismic Toss / Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Toxic

I don't now if the Aromatherapy slot is right, but the last slot is a filler for attacking. Obviously, each has its advantages and disadvantages, so choose your poison depending on what you want to hurt.

Each pokemon on their own is okay, but there isn't really much synergy among your team members. Blissey and Dusknoir are good on stall teams, but having sweepers for the rest of your team doesn't contribute to stall. Also, Electivire isn't the best physical attacker for your team; you have nothing to lure in electric attacks to activate its ability. Also, I have a feeling the increasingly popular Scarftar could rip this team to shreds with Crunch.

Azure Flame

Thanks for the critisicm.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I got the movesets from the 4th gen POTW on the main site.

Also, I set it up like this because I was looking for a balanced team. A lead to start off with, support to follow up, some walls to stall, and sweepers for attacking, but I guess that's not a good setup.

Last edited: