• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New OU Team

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Hey, Thunderstrike18 here. I'm a newbie to competitive battling so this team might not be that good. Here it is:

Da Legend (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 126 HP / 126 SDef
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This Latios is awesome. Pure awesome. It sometimes destroys teams. I use HP Fire for steel-types. Roost is if I'm in a tight spot. Draco Meteor is for STAB and my main move. Surf is just pretty basic for Latios. EV's are a Bulky Offensive set and Life Orb for a damage boost.

Gold & Silver (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Agility

Metagross is my stealth rock setter. So I start with stealth rock, then agility, and then I use Bullet Punch/Earthquake. It usually works but sometimes it doesn't. EV's make it hit hard, and take hits. Leftovers give him more life power.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute

So first, on Volcarona, I use Quiver Dance, Sub, then Bug Buzz/Fiery Dance. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance are STAB moves. Sub is to set up Quiver Dance. And then, Quiver Dance for set-up. EV's are for set-up and then to sweep. Leftovers are also for set-up and life power. Trust me, this guy can sweep.

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 Spd / 252 Atk / 36 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Haxorus. One of my sweepers. He sets up Dragon Dance and then uses Outrage, then switches to earthquake or superpower after one of the Outrages. Lum Berry heals the outrage confusing. EV's give just enough to set up, and then for maximum sweeping ability.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Donphan is a spinner and is offensive. His main move is ice shard/Earthquake. Seed Bomb is a back-up. Rapid spin is for Rocks/Spikes. EV's make him a Bulky Offense spinner/ tank. I might need something to replace Seed Bomb, though.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gengar uses disable as a useful move. Sub and Disable and Shadow ball work really good together. HP Fire for steel and others. EV's make this guy awesome. He has alot of sweeping ability with them and he can also disable everything he sees.

Sorry about no sprites. I'm still a newb.

There's my team. Now rating would be appreciated.​

Last edited:

Skarm™

Light It Up
Hey, Thunderstrike18 here. I'm a newbie to competitive battling so this team might not be that good. Here it is:

EVs: 252 SAtk / 126 HP / 126 SDef
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now, why those EV's? Latios is best at either Choice Sweeping or just plain old max sweep. Go for the 4/252/252.

This Latios is awesome. Pure awesome. It sometimes destroys teams. I use HP Fire for steel-types. Roost is if I'm in a tight spot. Draco Meteor is for STAB and my main move. Surf is just pretty basic for Latios. EV's are a Bulky Offensive set and Life Orb for a damage boost.

Gold & Silver (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Agility

Now, metagross is outclassed by Scizor which would lower our chances of losing by a lot, and Scizor would also keep the steel type, but lose the vulnerable Psychic type, as you already have a psychic and 1 is already enough.

Metagross is my stealth rock setter. So I start with stealth rock, then agility, and then I use Bullet Punch/Earthquake. It usually works but sometimes it doesn't.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute

If you plan on keeping this, you'd really like a spinner other than Donphan. Foretress over Metagross is a great move because it sets up like Metagross does, Rapid Spins too, and actually gets a monstrous Gyro Ball there. Also, sub before you QD.

So first, on Volcarona, I use Quiver Dance, Sub, then Bug Buzz/Fiery Dance. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance are STAB moves. Sub is to set up Quiver Dance. And then, Quiver Dance for set-up.

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 220 Spd / 252 Atk / 36 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

I completely suggest scarf Moxiemence over this because it's faster, stonger, and doesn't need the set up which Haxorus can hardly get.

Haxorus. One of my sweepers. He sets up Dragon Dance and then uses Outrage, then switches to earthquake or superpower after one of the Outrages. Lum Berry heals the outrage confusing.

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Since foretress may come in, no use for Donphan. Try Landorus, it might work as it is also ground type.

Donphan is a spinner and is offensive. His main move is ice shard/Earthquake. Seed Bomb is a back-up. Rapid spin is for Rocks/Spikes.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gengar uses disable as a useful move. Sub and Disable and Shadow ball work really good together. HP Fire for steel and others.

Sorry about no sprites. I'm still a newb.

There's my team. Now rating would be nice.

Changes in bold ;)

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Metagross with SR is fine, but don't use Agility on the same set. Give it Hammer Arm instead.

Latios, maybe you'd like Lum Berry/Leftovers > LO and CM > Roost. Dragon Pulse > DMeteor to gain sweeping potential.

Volcarona is walled by, well, any fire type not being Houndoom. HP [Rock/Ground] fixes that.

Haxorus with Dragon Dance AND SuperPower is just a no. You shouldn't give up your own acquired boosts. Brick Break instead would be better, it OHKO's Ferro at +2, according to Smogon.

Donphan, SE > Seed Bomb for EdgeQuake coverage.

Gengar might like Focus Blast instead of HP [Fire], to gain unresisted neutral coverage.

I recommend not to use Forretress, as it's just set up fodder. It can wall, but not do crap to anything.

Chingchar

You don't have many fire type checks and your weak to ice instead of Latios try
Rotom-W although if your hellbent on using Latios at least change the EV's.

Rotom-W
;479-w;
Item~Leftovers
Nature ~Modest
EV's 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Moveset
~ Volt Switch
~ Hydro Pump
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split / Hidden Power Ice

Okay so Rotom wash can be a counter to rain teams and just be a pain in general you can scout with volt switch, hit hard with hydro pump to knock out pokés like Heatran etc, Will-O-Wisp to cripple sweepers and with pain split you can heal if you want to but if you want to go a bit more offensive, and to counter dragon types, you can go with Hidden Power Ice. This is a bulky offensive set, that is ŵhy the EV's are like that it should help wall some pokes a bit apart from its more offensive instead of defensive.

Now instead of forretress to set up Spikes why not run Ferrothorn instead?

Ferrothorn
:598:
Item~Leftovers
Nature ~Relaxed
EV's 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Moveset
~ Spikes
~ Power whip
~ T-wave
~ Leech seed

Pretty basic, set up spikes and paralyse then hit with leech seed and either switch or power whip. Not much else to say about Ferrothorn.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
You don't have many fire type checks and your weak to ice instead of Latios try
Rotom-W although if your hellbent on using Latios at least change the EV's.

Rotom-W
;479-w;
Item~Leftovers
Nature ~Modest
EV's 184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Moveset
~ Volt Switch
~ Hydro Pump
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split / Hidden Power Ice

Okay so Rotom wash can be a counter to rain teams and just be a pain in general you can scout with volt switch, hit hard with hydro pump to knock out pokés like Heatran etc, Will-O-Wisp to cripple sweepers and with pain split you can heal if you want to but if you want to go a bit more offensive, and to counter dragon types, you can go with Hidden Power Ice. This is a bulky offensive set, that is ŵhy the EV's are like that it should help wall some pokes a bit apart from its more offensive instead of defensive.

Now instead of forretress to set up Spikes why not run Ferrothorn instead?

Ferrothorn
:598:
Item~Leftovers
Nature ~Relaxed
EV's 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Moveset
~ Spikes
~ Power whip
~ T-wave
~ Leech seed

Pretty basic, set up spikes and paralyse then hit with leech seed and either switch or power whip. Not much else to say about Ferrothorn.

Hope this helps :)

Ok so, no way I'm getting rid of Latios. He's the star of the team.

Now about Ferrothorn, I think I'm gunna keep Forretress for awhile and then I might switch them around.

But, it helped my realize I had more Choices then I thought.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Weak to Ice is not a big deal as long as the Pokemon in question are good for accomplishing the goals of the team, but just don't overdo it.

Atrocious

Well, I see White Herb Shell Smash Cloyster demolishing this team. +2 Icicle/RB/Hydro Pump OHKO everything on this team and out speeds everything as well. Best bet is to have Meta BP it and not sure that does over 50%. Indeed Ferrothorn is a better option over Metagross as you're just using Metagross completely wrong trying to mash 3 different sets together which doesn't work out. Ferrothorn handles your Cloyster problem being able to just paralyze it with Thunder Wave or deal pretty heavy damage with PW + Leech Seed or just forcing a switch. Latios' EVs are not good. He's in a pretty important speed tier and would probably want to beat out +108 Base Speed Pokemon like Terrakion and such as they are starting to carry X-Scissor. So not sure what you want, Bulky Offense or plain Fast, hard hitting offense. Regardless, I'd recommend 36/252/220 Timid on Latios. Or just 4/252/252 in general with Life Orb or Expert Belt. Now Volcarana doesn't need 252 Def EVs as it's still not going to tank Stone Edges and SR destroys any hope of it holding any type of bulk. 4/252/252 is your best bet with HP Ground over Subsitute as you need the added coverage against various threats like Rock-types, Heatran and various Fire types. Haxorus seems fine as I'm not going to keep suggesting you change Pokemon as it wouldn't really be your team anymore. If Seed Bomb is a problem on Donphan, you could run Toxic on it.

Anyways, last rate for me on Serebii. Don't even get one in return >.>

Goodluck with the team regardless.

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Well, I see White Herb Shell Smash Cloyster demolishing this team. +2 Icicle/RB/Hydro Pump OHKO everything on this team and out speeds everything as well. Best bet is to have Meta BP it and not sure that does over 50%. Indeed Ferrothorn is a better option over Metagross as you're just using Metagross completely wrong trying to mash 3 different sets together which doesn't work out. Ferrothorn handles your Cloyster problem being able to just paralyze it with Thunder Wave or deal pretty heavy damage with PW + Leech Seed or just forcing a switch. Latios' EVs are not good. He's in a pretty important speed tier and would probably want to beat out +108 Base Speed Pokemon like Terrakion and such as they are starting to carry X-Scissor. So not sure what you want, Bulky Offense or plain Fast, hard hitting offense. Regardless, I'd recommend 36/252/220 Timid on Latios. Or just 4/252/252 in general with Life Orb or Expert Belt. Now Volcarana doesn't need 252 Def EVs as it's still not going to tank Stone Edges and SR destroys any hope of it holding any type of bulk. 4/252/252 is your best bet with HP Ground over Subsitute as you need the added coverage against various threats like Rock-types, Heatran and various Fire types. Haxorus seems fine as I'm not going to keep suggesting you change Pokemon as it wouldn't really be your team anymore. If Seed Bomb is a problem on Donphan, you could run Toxic on it.

Anyways, last rate for me on Serebii. Don't even get one in return >.>

Goodluck with the team regardless.

Thanks this helped me alot.

Ok so I'm thinking of adding cloyster to this team. Do you think it'll fit well?

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Why's Latios got HP and SpD EVs if you're using it offensively? No reason not to go 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe.

Klaus™

Banned
the first thing i see wrong, are your evs. Like, they suck. so much.

First off, change metagross to magnezone. with 2 dragons, both great hole-punchers, magnezone goes great with a subcharge set, in dealing with the steels.

Magnezone @Leftovers
- Magnet Pull -
Timid
4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- Charge Beam
- Hp Fire
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon/ Thunderbolt

next, onto your evs.

Haxorus would appreciate Aqua tail>Superpower as superpower is very much redundant with dragon dance. and a jolly nature.

Volcarona needs HP Ground>substitute as well as a timid nature and max speed. also, life orb that moth.

as stated before, latios needs changed. max speed.

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
the first thing i see wrong, are your evs. Like, they suck. so much.

First off, change metagross to magnezone. with 2 dragons, both great hole-punchers, magnezone goes great with a subcharge set, in dealing with the steels.

Magnezone @Leftovers
- Magnet Pull -
Timid
4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- Charge Beam
- Hp Fire
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon/ Thunderbolt

next, onto your evs.

Haxorus would appreciate Aqua tail>Superpower as superpower is very much redundant with dragon dance. and a jolly nature.

Volcarona needs HP Ground>substitute as well as a timid nature and max speed. also, life orb that moth.

as stated before, latios needs changed. max speed.

Thanks alot. Lol about the EV's I didn't know what I was doing then I was trying to like mix sets there. But, I've fixed it alot and its working better. The only thing is I like offense and don't Reallly like many defensive Pokemon. I like more offensive sets.

-Fabian-

~!( ͡° _ʖ ͡°)!~
Let's see what I can do there..

EVs: 4 HP /252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I suggest Psyshock on this, either instead of Surf or HP Fire but since I prefer the HP I'd say Psyshock > Surf, changed the spread to max Spd Timid so you can outspeed pokes such as Terrakion or Keldeo, it gets so much power with Life Orb that you don't need the MOdest nature pretty much :]

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Trait: Technican
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 64 SDef / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower / Roost

I'd use a Scizor here because you get power + a strong priority move and also the chance to fake a choice band or even scarf using the U-Turn, so you get many sweeps with this thing. Roost is optional, I prefer Superpower so you can kill switching-in Magnezones and stuff :J

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd / 4 SpAtk
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute

I like this set, but I don't really know if it works well in the BW2 Metagame, but I guess it does decent. Though, I would use max Spd instead of Max SAtk :] You can test the spread I suggest you, but use the one you prefer for this metagame, what you could also use is max HP max Def or so.. but I don't really know how that works in BW2, just try it out I guess~

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multi Scale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Haxorus is possible to use here, but I would prefer Dragonite, at full health you get help from mutliscale aswell so that helps you setup a Dragon Dance, also you get a priority move (x-speed), if you use EQ or Fire Punch is your choice though.

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

I like Seed Bomb Donphan, but I prefer this variant, while taking hard hits like a boss it can also lay down rocks AND rapid spin at the same time too~

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast

HP Fire Gengar is cool, specially in Sub-Disable, what you could use though is Pain Split (in case you want to use Life Orb, but then you would need to drop Disable) and Focus Blast instead of HP Fire to be able to OHKO/2HKO Tyranitars and such stuff.

Thats pretty much all from my side. :] Cool team, hope you try out my version. If you do, have fun with it :J

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Let's see what I can do there..

EVs: 4 HP /252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I suggest Psyshock on this, either instead of Surf or HP Fire but since I prefer the HP I'd say Psyshock > Surf, changed the spread to max Spd Timid so you can outspeed pokes such as Terrakion or Keldeo, it gets so much power with Life Orb that you don't need the MOdest nature pretty much :]

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Trait: Technican
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 64 SDef / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower / Roost

I'd use a Scizor here because you get power + a strong priority move and also the chance to fake a choice band or even scarf using the U-Turn, so you get many sweeps with this thing. Roost is optional, I prefer Superpower so you can kill switching-in Magnezones and stuff :J

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd / 4 SpAtk
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute

I like this set, but I don't really know if it works well in the BW2 Metagame, but I guess it does decent. Though, I would use max Spd instead of Max SAtk :] You can test the spread I suggest you, but use the one you prefer for this metagame, what you could also use is max HP max Def or so.. but I don't really know how that works in BW2, just try it out I guess~

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multi Scale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Haxorus is possible to use here, but I would prefer Dragonite, at full health you get help from mutliscale aswell so that helps you setup a Dragon Dance, also you get a priority move (x-speed), if you use EQ or Fire Punch is your choice though.

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

I like Seed Bomb Donphan, but I prefer this variant, while taking hard hits like a boss it can also lay down rocks AND rapid spin at the same time too~

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast

HP Fire Gengar is cool, specially in Sub-Disable, what you could use though is Pain Split (in case you want to use Life Orb, but then you would need to drop Disable) and Focus Blast instead of HP Fire to be able to OHKO/2HKO Tyranitars and such stuff.

Thats pretty much all from my side. :] Cool team, hope you try out my version. If you do, have fun with it :J

Thanks but, I prefer Salamence > Dragonite. I think it's a Breyer choice, especially Moxiemence. The Donphan thing I'd like Seed Bomb > Rapid Spin because I already have a spinner.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Dragonite works really well, especially if you got your hands on a Multi-Scale. Also, I love the Scizor you threw on. I feel that people forget they dont need 252/252/4 EV's on everything. Though, I might put Sandstorm on him. If he dies in it, then send in Donphan because he can handle Stealth Rocks and he won't be affected by Sandstorm and he can rapid spin stuff away. Plus, if a Fire type in messing up Scizor, even w/ Occa, then Donphan should be able to 1HKO any fire type, in a sandstorm... with a 1HKO impossible due to sturdy. Then again, sandstorm wouldnt benefit other members as much, though it is only for 5 turns. IDK, this may sound like an option or you might be like, "What you talking about!" Hahaha! XD