• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Places... Familiar Faces! (770)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
There's no difference between the way they were written in AG and DP. None at all. I don't watch the dub, and had no idea where all these complaints about "DP style Rockets" until I caught a random episode (the Phione one) and saw how terribly annoying they were written there. None of that is in the original.

And none of that changes the fact that they still intruded on every single episode.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Muk appeared with Oak, TR said their old motto and Charizard was looking like a beast in the opening.. that's all I need to know for me to realise I will enjoy this new 'Episode N' arc more than the rest of the disastrous BW saga..

Last edited by a moderator:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
And none of that changes the fact that they still intruded on every single episode.

There's no reason to assume that will be the case from here on. The BW writers have certainly demonstrated their ability to write episodes without the same recurring antagonists creating the conflict-of-the-episode.

I mean BW personality blended with how they were treated in earlier series. The whole catching Pikachu, blasting off thing.

They didn't really "blast off" any more than they did in earlier BW episodes, and the catching-Pikachu plan was no different from what they did in BW1-4.

I mean BW personality blended with how they were treated in earlier series. The whole catching Pikachu, blasting off thing.

There's quite a difference between the blasting off in those episodes and that in the pre-BW episodes. They didn't do their usual comedy bit during the blast off. (Not directed at you) I hate when people just come to conclusions and bash everything. The amount of complaint posts keep on multiply, why can't people look for the positives ( no matter how scarce they are) isntead of complaining about the same thing 10 times a day in 10 different posts.....

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
There's quite a difference between the blasting off in those episodes and that in the pre-BW episodes. They didn't do their usual comedy bit during the blast off. (Not directed at you) I hate when people just come to conclusions and bash everything. The amount of complaint posts keep on multiply, why can't people look for the positives ( no matter how scarce they are) isntead of complaining about the same thing 10 times a day in 10 different posts.....

I'm basicly messing with the people who wanted the old formula back but I did say that TR looked a little more serious even doing the usual stuff, I just think it will degrade as time goes, I hope not and again I hope it doesn't happen in every episode.

I'm basicly messing with the people who wanted the old formula back but I did say that TR looked a little more serious even doing the usual stuff, I just think it will degrade as time goes, I hope not and again I hope it doesn't happen in every episode.

Indeed, it will be disturbing if it happens every episode. I think it's just a temporary phase, till they somehow meet with Looker and all...eh, I think I better carry the rest to the spoiler section.

dman_dustin

They didn't really "blast off" any more than they did in earlier BW episodes, and the catching-Pikachu plan was no different from what they did in BW1-4.

That was because they found Pikachu knocked unconscious their real plan was to steal the Pokémon food. Pikachu was just a bonus.

But I can see 1, 2, and 3, it's just the main bulk of BW has them shifted to something other than catching Pikachu.

It was rare to see them do anything else pre-BW, unless it was something they came across, without having run into Pikachu.

It was like a reverse of what happened pre-BW. Focus on other things and maybe catch Pikachu if it suits them. But it kind of seems their flipping the switch again to focus solely on Pikachu, little anything else, but retaining their BW personalities.

Just so we're clear, I DO NOT CARE about Team Rocket. I liked the episodes NONE OF THEM were in. Because it showed they don't need to resort to Team Rocket to carry the plot.

What I hate, is using Team Rocket as a plot crutch because:

Writer (Panicking): Oh god, oh god, what I'm going do. Oh god what am I going to do? This is supposed to be a 22 minute episode *LIGHTBULB, snaps fingers* Team Rocket.

is very annoying and tired.

That was because they found Pikachu knocked unconscious their real plan was to steal the Pokémon food. Pikachu was just a bonus.

But I can see 1, 2, and 3, it's just the main bulk of BW has them shifted to something other than catching Pikachu.

It was rare to see them do anything else pre-BW, unless it was something they came across, without having run into Pikachu.

It was like a reverse of what happened pre-BW. Focus on other things and maybe catch Pikachu if it suits them. But it kind of seems their flipping the switch again to focus solely on Pikachu, little anything else, but retaining their BW personalities.

Just so we're clear, I DO NOT CARE about Team Rocket. I liked the episodes NONE OF THEM were in. Because it showed they don't need to resort to Team Rocket to carry the plot.

What I hate, is using Team Rocket as a plot crutch because:

Writer (Panicking): Oh god, oh god, what I'm going do. Oh god what am I going to do? This is supposed to be a 22 minute episode *LIGHTBULB, snaps fingers* Team Rocket.

is very annoying and tired.

Uh, BTW my post wasn't completely directed at you...but I agree with your sentiments. I was kinda shocked when I realized 20 min are up by the time Team Rocket's balloon was destroyed in this episode. It's just so simple for them....but there is hope that the rest of the episodes need not be like this...try to be positive for a change?

dman_dustin

Uh, BTW my post wasn't completely directed at you...but I agree with your sentiments. I was kinda shocked when I realized 20 min are up by the time Team Rocket's balloon was destroyed in this episode. It's just so simple for them....but there is hope that the rest of the episodes need not be like this...try to be positive for a change?

I know, I'm just making it clear that you know that.

The only thing I'll complain about Team Rocket is, that they will most likely be shoved in every episode in Episode N, trying to capture Pikachu. Which I hope doesn't happen.

All that said, I did like how Team Rocket wasn't easily defeated, like before, but was just a last minute thing, I know some Pre-BW episode and some BW episodes are like this, but I mean the way it was portrayed, like Team Rocket actually trying, not like in some episodes where everything moves incredibly slow or focusing primarily on the comic relief part. However they were still pretty slow in this episode. I swear it took like about 30 seconds (well it felt like more so maybe it was more) just for Frillish to psychically carry Pikachu a few feet, while Nonomi, or whatever was having some inner angst or whatever, finally sending out Tepig and then making it so Team Rocket failed.

If I was part of an evil team, I would already be gone before Nonomi was able to send out Tepig. But whatever, I think I'm too tired right now, it's late, I should be going to bed.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Muk appeared with Oak, TR said their old motto and Charizard was looking like a beast in the opening.. that's all I need to know for me to realise I will enjoy this new 'Episode N' arc more than the rest of the disastrous BW saga..

You're really basing that on a set of three things of which two are fanservice that will never actually contribute anything? Come on, you know as well as I do Muk isn't going to appear again for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
at least still competent even they fail and blasting off =.=

for some one who said this Diamond and Pearl again

is not cause BW TR > DP TR :p

naughtynun

I see a lot of people on here who claim that they'll do that and I can't help but laugh because they never truly leave and I guarantee you'll still be on this forum in the future.

Very true! As the song 'Hotel California' put it ''you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave''!

I get fed up, I especially have with BW, but I doubt I'll ever leave the show for good! I've checked out... but haven't managed to leave yet!

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
I havent watched the episode but from the pictures, looks like Ash isnt too bothered about his league loss?

I just rewatched the OS episode right after Ash lost to Ritchie, and that episode spent quite a few minutes dealing with Ash lying alone in his room fuming and upset.

Anyone who watched the episode, did he even appear a bit angry here?

PokeMaster366

If the TRio were smart, I would assume that they're annoying Ash with their poaching just because they KNOW that he's going to do something to help out against Team Plasma and, ultimately, shut them down. If they get Ash's Pokemon, it's a win for them anyway because it better equips TR for battle against TP.

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
The episode wasn't that bad!! 6/10

It is just me or did Prof. Oak's eyebrows evolve during this time o_O

Did someone know if James and Jessie mention Woobat and Yamask?

Old motto + Meowth balloon + mechas + blasting off = no serious. It is a fallacy to claim that their babbling nonsense was the only trait that made them stupid.

But since we're not allowed to talk about it even though it's part of this episode, I guess I'll just say welcome back cookie-cutter lazy writing!

Since you never elaborate why it;s cookie cutter lazy writing, why should we listen to you.

From reading the posts, it sounds like a fun episode. I always liked the comical villains (Team Rocket) and it's great to see them again. Sorry to be the minority, but I like their gags. And Pepsi, don;t use the R word.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Since you never elaborate why it;s cookie cutter lazy writing, why should we listen to you.

From reading the posts, it sounds like a fun episode. I always liked the comical villains (Team Rocket) and it's great to see them again. Sorry to be the minority, but I like their gags. And Pepsi, don;t use the R word.

He did elaborate as did I, he means the writers use the TR as a plot device to steal a pokemon and every episode plot becomes about TR stealing X pokemon and Pikachu and them blasting off again.

He did elaborate as did I, he means the writers use the TR as a plot device to steal a pokemon and every episode plot becomes about TR stealing X pokemon and Pikachu and them blasting off again.

That doesn't mean they are lazy. I know lazy, I am a Fanfic critic but I don't get all hot and bothered over anime plots, especailly a child's one.